Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

spacetoaster posted:

I'd like to see her right after that "treatment". Because you need to wipe the stuff away from your eyes, nose, mouth. She's just washing more of it in there.

Damp rag in a ziplock in your pocket, or some wetwipes for the win.

No, you wash the OC (or tear gas) away by pouring liquid onto it, not by rubbing it deeper into every skin pore on your face. Rubbing will only make it worse and last longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

spacetoaster posted:

I'd like to see her right after that "treatment". Because you need to wipe the stuff away from your eyes, nose, mouth. She's just washing more of it in there.

Damp rag in a ziplock in your pocket, or some wetwipes for the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWf2LLaHkM0

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Trogdos! posted:

No, you wash the OC (or tear gas) away by pouring liquid onto it, not by rubbing it deeper into every skin pore on your face. Rubbing will only make it worse and last longer.

Casein bonds to capsaicin, the stuff that makes pepper spray (and peppers) burn, and washes it away in a way that just water doesn't, plus wet wipes can be really harsh on eyes just by themselves.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what a dickhead. Virginia has only taken in like 20 Syrians so far and we're really a very multicultural state with a substantial immigrant population, so it depresses me to see this kind of nonsense.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

It's really annoying and frustration to me hearing politicians in e.g. the US but especially in the UK referring to their "commitment" in the refugee crisis by letting in a small handful of refugees. Like Cameron has declared that the UK will accept up to 20,000 people in the coming five years. There have been single days where this many people have arrived in Germany, and throughout 2015 there'll be upwards of 800,000 arrivals - that's at least 1% of the population, and most of them'll probably stay here for the foreseeable future. It's great that we can offer a home to all those people who have been through so much, but it seems like it's only a small minority of countries that have to carry most of the burden. European "Union", my rear end :smith:

Refugees arriving in Munich

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Trogdos! posted:

I've always had better results with rubbing it off vs washing it off. I guess it's just a personal choice. Also, OC isn't the same stuff as tear gas.

Buzkashi posted:

Casein bonds to capsaicin, the stuff that makes pepper spray (and peppers) burn, and washes it away in a way that just water doesn't, plus wet wipes can be really harsh on eyes just by themselves.

The post said mace. No natural pepper stuff in there.

What do I know, I've only had it used on me a dozen or so times. :colbert:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

System Metternich posted:

throughout 2015 there'll be upwards of 800,000 arrivals

We already reached that last week, 1,000,000+ is the estimate right now.

The German ESC comittee wants to send this guy to the next song contest. He's a fairly successful mainstream (boring) soul and R&B singer. Also a rare German Rothbard-style libertarian, 9/11 truther and a "Reich Citizen" who believes the Federal Republic is an illegitimate occupying state.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

^^^ They send this moron, and yet they wouldn't send LaBrassBanda :mad: ^^^

Oh, and it's world toilet day today! There are still 2.5 billion people without access to a proper toilet, which also leads to a host of other issues like contagious diseases, missed school days because of illness etc. The UN has stated that it at least wants to eliminate the need for open-air toilets worldwide by 2025.

A hotel toilet with a view onto the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica, CA

A public toilet for migrant workers in a village near Beijing

An open air toilet near the East Indian village of Gorba

Chihuahua, Mexico

A public toilet and shower in the slums of Nairobi

Somewhere in the outskirts of Santiago de Chile

This toilet belongs to a house somewhere in the slums of Lima, Peru

The toilet of a Rio de Janerio favela bar

The men's room of a Parisian bar

A bar in Chicago installed a one-way mirror in its toilet

These port-a-potties were gifted by the Unicef and World Vision to a camp for Syrian refugees in Lebanon

The toilet of a refugee home in Augsburg, Bavaria

A toilet somewhere in Myanmar. The newspaper is not meant for reading

A ladies' toilet in a garden next to a train station in Tokyo

The outhouse of an Alaskan research station roughly 190 miles to the north of Prudhoe Bay

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 19, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

A public toilet for migrant workers in a village near Beijing

Pass the sponge, citizen!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

wayfinder posted:

Here's one more for you to post:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A bar in Chicago installed a one-way mirror in its toilet

Oh hey, a bar in Glasgow did the same thing! Except it was a ladies' bathroom, and the mirror was one-way in the other direction, and they may or may not have actually told the women it was happening:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

http://www.snopes.com/anne-frank-refugee/

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pretty sure there's someone out there for whom this is their thing.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

female suicide bombers detonation

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

This book is legit great btw.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Edmund Lava posted:

so is sodomy :getin:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Edmund Lava posted:

Pirates are hella interesting.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

EX250 Type R posted:

female suicide bombers detonation

LemonDrizzle posted:

quote:

Police sources are now confirming Abaaoud’s cousin, Hasna Aitboulahcen, was the woman killed in the raid, believed to have blown herself up, AP reports, citing three different officials.

Her name and connection to Abaaoud was reported by multiple sources after the St-Denis raid, with French intelligence said to have been monitoring her as a potential link to Abaaoud.

Aitboulahcen had a brief exchange with police officers, according to one official who said she was asked: “Where is your boyfriend?” and she responded angrily: “He’s not my boyfriend!” before a huge explosion was heard.

Police officials told AP her body parts had been mangled, with part of her spine landing on a police car, which had made formal identification difficult.
That last line is pretty good.

"he's not my boyfriend, b-baka!"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

C.M. Kruger posted:

"he's not my boyfriend, b-baka!"
It is pretty patronizing though. Along with the whole "female suicide bomber" thing. How often do you see "male suicide bomber" specified? Women are just as good at blowing themselves up for ideological aims.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Rand alPaul posted:

Pass the sponge, citizen!

That's meant to be the latrines at Housesteads, so those are non-citizen auxiliaries. Also the drain is flowing the wrong way, and they probably didn't use sponges in northern England. :hist101:

For greater accuracy (apart from all the light streaming in from the north-facing windows):

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Kegluneq posted:

That's meant to be the latrines at Housesteads, so those are non-citizen auxiliaries. Also the drain is flowing the wrong way, and they probably didn't use sponges in northern England. :hist101:

For greater accuracy (apart from all the light streaming in from the north-facing windows):

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

It is pretty patronizing though. Along with the whole "female suicide bomber" thing. How often do you see "male suicide bomber" specified? Women are just as good at blowing themselves up for ideological aims.

Try harder at your false equalism. I'm as feminist as you can be without going overboard but the fact a women blew herself up instead of a man is actually an uncommon thing.

i went to try to find a "female suicide bomber" picture to prove my point and found barely anything but shops to prove my point and eat a probation\

e: eh heres a fully political metal album to satisfy my posting requirements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJ2a1FMBwI

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 20, 2015

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
an addition to the previous post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
in case you didnt know about sepultura and max being loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODNxy3YOPU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
oh wait heres another good song by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WHGV5bejk

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Kinda rude to trick the kid with an ipad printed on some paper.

Totally unrelated and I'm pretty sure these dudes are the bad guys but I've always loved this picture.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

Pretty sure there's someone out there for whom this is their thing.

proest of clicks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEK9aPmYWk

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

DiggityDoink posted:

Totally unrelated and I'm pretty sure these dudes are the bad guys but I've always loved this picture.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

DiggityDoink posted:

The Unidad Táctica de Resolución de Crisis (UTARC) were disbanded in 2009 by President Evo Morales after their leader allegedly shot at reporters who were filming a botched arrest. Presumably like most special forces units in South America that were involved in the drugs war they were deeply corrupt and a bunch of murderous bastards.

Having said that those ballistic face masks are p cool. Supposedly used to protect during breach-and-clears in tight, favela environs. Can take high caliber shots and such.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

KazigluBey posted:

Having said that those ballistic face masks are p cool. Supposedly used to protect during breach-and-clears in tight, favela environs. Can take high caliber shots and such.
With the added bonus that it makes them very hard to identify when they murder someone.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm the flag-bearing pouch.

Have a las barricadas, but in portuguese! (Also one of the best album fronts ever)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEozSiVwyE

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DiggityDoink posted:

I wonder if they ever asked themselves this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Vermin Supreme is thy lord mayor!

• Locked thread