Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

just a note for everyone playing tonight.

pubbies are trying really really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

just a note for everyone playing tonight.

pubbies are trying really really hard

Maybe you're just trying less

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

JaySB posted:

Be more concerned with the fact that you can only play one game before your game crashes.

Yep, game crashes after every single match. GG Treyarch.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Do they even test this poo poo? I've given up after the sixth game. Game also crashed right after I used 30 keys. I assume I still received the unlocks because I have a dumb boast for the Immortal chick now, but still.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looks like it was just hotfixed?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Yeah game seems to be working properly now. Anyone on?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

not on that piece of poo poo

you chose the wrong piece of poo poo to play brah

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've lagged in games before never like in this game, its like some weird stutter step, I got no packet loss and ping holds steady at about 150ms, even worse than its smooth till bullets start flying, then its like a slideshow.

its bad enough that I suck but this just makes it worse.

And why in the gently caress is this the only loving CoD where you need a loving attachment to kill a fucker with a loving headshot, I got 2 hitmarkers on a guy in my face I was on his head the whole time and he still got me.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

beaner69 posted:

Name a better fps than bo2. Hint: you can't.

Have you ever played

Any Other Video Games?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ethanol posted:

Maybe you're just trying less

ethanol I like you
you can gently caress my sister

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Dumb question:

All the basic physical copies here include nuketown, but that's like an hour drive. If I were to go digital would nuketown be included?

I really like nuketown.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

de_dust posted:

Dumb question:

All the basic physical copies here include nuketown, but that's like an hour drive. If I were to go digital would nuketown be included?

I really like nuketown.

I bought this game off the PSN on Tuesday and it just gave me Nuketown anyway.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Since I started using the Vesper in FFA I've had multiple people accuse me of hacking, using a controller, or being "a huge human being"
Would recommend. My best so far is going 30-4. Can't really manage to get the high score streaks, though.

On a semi-related note, is voice really quiet in this for anyone else? On PC it's like half the volume of anything else at best, but BO3 is already quiet enough that I have to raise my volume a lot. I could probably fix it by halving SFX/Music volume and raising my master volume but then if I do anything else it'll deafen me.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Community invite? PSN mrYanssen

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Sent! :patriot:

God, this loving game sometimes.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I love that in Treyarch games i can go on pistol-only HATR sprees

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Sarkozymandias posted:

Have you ever played

Any Other Video Games?

You didn't answer the question. To answer yours, yes I have. There aren't any other good fps besides cod.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Call of Duty is the worst FPS, except for all the others."
- Sir Winston "420 BoB ErryDay" Churchill

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hit level one Prestige :toot:

Now I need to decide what I want to unlock. Alot of good choices to choose from.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Is Prestige worth it? I've never done it, so I'm not really clear on the benefits. I know I get a permanent unlock, a class slot, plus a rank icon but dunno what else.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
You don't get enough unlock tokens to unlock everything on 1st prestige AFAIK. If you want to use everything in the game then I'm pretty sure the only option you have is to keep prestiging.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Is Prestige worth it? I've never done it, so I'm not really clear on the benefits. I know I get a permanent unlock, a class slot, plus a rank icon but dunno what else.

You get some extra challenges and stuff after doing it once. It's probably worth it to unlock that stuff. Specially with double XP to help you climb back through the lower ranks again at the moment.

I constantly feel like I want more custom class slots though, so I'll probably prestige a couple times just for that.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Finally got Grip on the Vesper, it suddenly turned into a whole different beast. Now to get Laser and Fast mag and revive my old "Hipfire everything to death with a bullethose" class from Blops 2 :allears:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just bought this, it's installing as we speak. Add me on PSN: bdb1001
Haven't played since BLOPS, so this should be fun. I guess.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I feel realllllly loving dirty trying out the VMP tonight. This thing is stupid.

Pretty close to golding the Drakon, just need to do the pink camo challenge.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

Sent! :patriot:

God, this loving game sometimes.

PSN: ghostgutter, thanks in advance! I like this game a lot but none of my friends are playing it because of fallout/battlefront and I get bored by myself. I'll accept anyone's friend request and play with you if I'm not in a party already. Headset preferred.

e: global kd is 1.1, Tdm is 1.5. I usually go 14/4 while wandering around the outskirts with a suppressor, but sometimes I get rocked and go 8/14 for a while. Pretty decent at understanding team "field vision", my aim just sucks.

I play ps4 from 4-10 CST most days because I have no life, but I'm usually playing rocket league. (Add me if you wanna play that as well, silver3/gold1)

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 20, 2015

versus
Sep 11, 2001

You need to find some new friends if that's what they're playing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just requested to join the SA community on PSN. In the meantime, if anybody wants to add me: bdb1001.
God drat I suck when playing alone :)

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

versus posted:

You need to find some new friends if that's what they're playing.

maybe I should find some new friends who want to continue living the mw2 dream with me

versus
Sep 11, 2001

objectively bad posted:

maybe I should find some new friends who want to continue living the mw2 dream with me

Move into excal's gamer house and I will resume the MW2 dream.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

versus posted:

Move into excal's gamer house and I will resume the MW2 dream.

Is there gonna be any dogs and/or cats to pet? I'm not gonna completely uproot my life and move to america if there isn't.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Is the Drakon actually any good? I see a lot of pubstars rocking the thing but nobody ever talks about it.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

beedeebee posted:

Just requested to join the SA community on PSN. In the meantime, if anybody wants to add me: bdb1001.
God drat I suck when playing alone :)

Sent a request to you and GhostGutter.
I generally play pretty early in the AM on weekends, so if you see me on, feel free to invite or jump in.
I also have no friends who play this awesome/lovely game. I need new friends.

Captain Shortbus
May 14, 2011

Yamacruiser posted:

I get nothing searching that name.

I had just recently changed it. I may still be on your friends list as Skylar Must Cry.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Is the Drakon actually any good? I see a lot of pubstars rocking the thing but nobody ever talks about it.

It's broken. It has basically no scope sway or recoil and sometimes randomly kills in 1 chest shot. Even when it doesn't 1HK it's fire rate and clip size make it competitive against most assault rifles in a close-range 1v1.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Alteisen posted:

I've lagged in games before never like in this game, its like some weird stutter step, I got no packet loss and ping holds steady at about 150ms, even worse than its smooth till bullets start flying, then its like a slideshow.

This was supposedly fixed in a patch, but for me the resolution was opening some .INI file and changing some line about videomemory from 0.85 to 0.75. Here's the steps I followed.

Treyarch is really loving bad at optimization apparently.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Since I started using the Vesper in FFA I've had multiple people accuse me of hacking, using a controller, or being "a huge human being"
Would recommend. My best so far is going 30-4. Can't really manage to get the high score streaks, though.

Wait on computer they accuse people of using a controller as if it's an advantage? Grass is always greener I guess!

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Spudsly posted:

Wait on computer they accuse people of using a controller as if it's an advantage? Grass is always greener I guess!

you get aim assistance with a controller even on pc

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's still a handicap since you don't get the precision and speed you do with the mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Do hitmarkers even mean anything? I thought it was an ack from the server that a shot was hit and registered. I just had a time where it took 6 hitmarkers with a P-06 to kill, and many other times where I get too many hitmarkers for the weapon/range/damage but no kill. Seems like a new bug with BLOPS3 netcode since I never had this in BLOPS2 (where my bullets were sometimes made of air, but if I got a hitmarker it was a real hitmarker). BLOPS1 had the bug with instakill hitmarkers not killing like sniper/tomahawk/knife but I think they fixed that.

• Locked thread