Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Victor Vermis posted:

Why would you do that to a perfectly good roster? Your WRs + Gronk and Brady might carry you through but you've got a potential hole in your starting lineup now. Two holes if the Eagles stumble (Chip's 2015 wild ride kinda sucks.. stumbles will happen).

HERE IT IS AGAIN! Sorry :(

Cause I'm not gonna be the #1 seed and loss the second week of playoffs like I have the past two years in a row. I'm already the #3 seed!

I'm in it TO WIN IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Reposting but is it worth benching Anquan Boldin (projected ~7.5) and grabbing a WR off waivers? Boldin's in a terrible offense but he's still a WR1. Someone upthread suggested Inman but other places I've read say he's a desperation WR5, unless there's something I'm missing.
edit: Not to be ungrateful, Gobias, just a little confused.

Hazo posted:

OBJ and Cooks on bye, Boldin hurt and unlikely to play, need a third WR (starting Baldwin and Amari Cooper).

Here's who's available:

ESPN has Givens, Woods, and Agholor ranked highest in the 40s but I know nothing about them.
I'm thinking maybe Douglas or Woods?

Really need a win this week to lock in a playoff spot.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 19, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So Darren McFadden has finally shown up on the injury report. Who the hell is even worth picking up if he were to miss Sunday's game? Robert Turbin?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

So Darren McFadden has finally shown up on the injury report. Who the hell is even worth picking up if he were to miss Sunday's game? Robert Turbin?

Turbin's behind a few recently signed rookies on the depth chart but who knows. I don't think you want any part of that if McFadden's out.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

MakaVillian posted:

Am I crazy for thinking of keeping Derek Carr for the rest of the season and release Tony Romo (who i've had on IR since he got hurt)? It's a 12 team, 6 Point TD league with 4 bench spots and i'm currently in 1st. Carr has the easier schedule I think, but Romo still has the better fantasy offence.

Any thoughts?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

FINALLY IT IS C. MICHAEL'S TIME TO SHINE! I'VE HELD ON TO HIM FOR THIS LONG, AT LAST SWEET SWEET VINDICATION.

...wait, why are you all laughing at me and asking me if I've seen the news lately?

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

What's your reasoning? I'm thinking he has been pretty consistent and startable recently, steps above the other waiver wire RBs. He's a RB1 if Murray goes down. What are the odds of a better waiver wire pickup being available in the next few weeks? Seems to me like there'd need to be another perfect storm of injury + good offense + talented backup that won't end up in a committee (that happens to be unowned).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Splinter posted:

What's your reasoning? I'm thinking he has been pretty consistent and startable recently, steps above the other waiver wire RBs. He's a RB1 if Murray goes down. What are the odds of a better waiver wire pickup being available in the next few weeks? Seems to me like there'd need to be another perfect storm of injury + good offense + talented backup that won't end up in a committee (that happens to be unowned).

He's concussed and not practicing :ssh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mr. BT posted:

Would you start Tavon Austin or Stefon Diggs?

I chewed this over in my head for a while and I think I landed on yes.

More opportunities for Austin, they try really hard to get him the ball. The Vikings will give the Pack a massive dose of ADP, so fewer opportunities for Diggs.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Considering he's concussed and not practicing, you can most likely wait until he clears waivers to pick up Mathews. If you've been sitting on the #1 waiver, a scramble-brained back up in a frustrating, inconsistent offense is not exactly who you want to blow that priority on.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Case Keenum isn't good but unlike Foles he'll actually try to funsling the ball, so maybe Brian Quick will be relevant again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CMike signed to the Redskins practice squad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Get him! All we need is for Alf and Jones and Thompson to go down and for him to be a drastically different player and you'll have a goldmine on your hands

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

:colbert:

(note: I didn't actually draft him myself, I took over a shithole dynasty team)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Professor Moriarty posted:

:colbert:

(note: I didn't actually draft him myself, I took over a shithole dynasty team)

I was joking to my friend who's playing me this week that he should play Peyton Manning since Drew is on a bye. He looked on the wire and didn't see him, and I told him that I was joking.

The person who had him dropped him five minutes ago. I've already sent a text saying that Peyton is available. :)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Speaking of Matt Jones, what are people's feelings on him taking on more responsibility down the stretch? Matt Jones, Carlos Hyde and Charles Sims are all available in one of my PPR leagues. I'm considering dropping Theo Riddick for one of them with Jones as my first pick. Riddick's had a steady workload but doesn't have much boom potential. I have decent depth, but I'd like to take a flyer on a guy who could be considerably more valuable during the playoffs.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So, who's rolling with Yeldon tonight?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

In my infinite wisdom I have Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning both on bye this week
We have a 2QB cap, the available QBs are:
Alex Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jay Cutler
Jameis Winston
Tyrod Taylor
Brian Hoyer

Eli is the #4 QB and Roethlisberger has been great when he hasn't been hurt.
I have no idea what to do :negative:

Bump

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you are bored and want to have some fun, go re-read the first five or so pages of this thread.

How very wrong we were, about so many things, haha.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Gotta love these Yahoo blurbs, literally one directly after the other:

Yahoo! posted:

STEVIE JOHNSON

Matchup Rating
[2/5 stars] (11/19 KC)
Steve Johnson saw increased targets in Week 9 after both Keenan Allen and Malcom Floyd left with injuries, but Floyd's possible return and a matchup Sunday against a tough Chiefs pass defense limits his upside.

---

Week 11 vs. Kansas City
[GREEN matchup] Kansas City has given up the 2nd most fantasy points to Wide Receivers this season. More »

Vargo posted:

:respek: let's do this

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Vargo posted:

I am, but I'm 1-9 so everything is made up and the points don't matter!

Everyone else in my league is like 5-5 so if I win this week then it plays spoiler against my opponent who will most likely lose a playoff spot because of it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm rocking Yeldon/Hurns/Antonio Andrews tonight. DGB is sitting on the bench for me, unless I see some reason to swap him out for Watkins in my FLEX spot in the next 20 minutes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

If you are bored and want to have some fun, go re-read the first five or so pages of this thread.

How very wrong we were, about so many things, haha.

I said Peyton was gonna be old and busted. Nailed it.

But I also said Wilson had a high floor and was the #3 QB behind Luck and A.A. Ron. Didn't nail it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

But I also said Wilson had a high floor and was the #3 QB behind Luck and A.A. Ron. Didn't nail it.

I don't think it's on the first 5 pages but I nailed Boldin not being worth poo poo this year.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

I've been hearing people say that about Peyton for 3 years. Everyone knew it was coming at some point, just always hoped it would be later. We were laughing at the guy in our league who kept him for $59. That guy has Brees now so he could be in worse shape.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I was all-in on Mike Evans and the only reason I'm not totally wrong is because he's getting 50 targets a game.

Fortunately, I did nail Derek Carr taking a step forward.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Speaking of Matt Jones, what are people's feelings on him taking on more responsibility down the stretch? Matt Jones, Carlos Hyde and Charles Sims are all available in one of my PPR leagues. I'm considering dropping Theo Riddick for one of them with Jones as my first pick. Riddick's had a steady workload but doesn't have much boom potential. I have decent depth, but I'd like to take a flyer on a guy who could be considerably more valuable during the playoffs.

Definitely drop Riddick for Jones. I like him better than Hyde and Sims, too.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

thethreeman posted:

Gotta love these Yahoo blurbs, literally one directly after the other:

:respek: let's do this

I play on NFL.com and I wish there were more features for determining the quality of a matchup. I'd like to know how many points they gave up to [position] over their last however many games.

Giving me their season-long performance isn't terribly useful if they've had a lot of positional turnovers and scheme changes.

edit: Anyone know of a good site for something like this?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Nonppr, I'm stacked at WR but weak at RB. Is Evans or Dez for Latavius Murray a decent trade?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No because he's on the decline. That's just my opinions though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Allen Robinson is disgusting.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Pick (2) my .5 flex

Alshon Jeffrey vs. Den
CJ2K vs. Cin
Emmanuel Sanders @ Chi

Sanders has lil baby injuries to his thumb and ankle and is playing with a new QB so I'm thinking about starting Chris J. over him but then again I'd rather gamble on flex for big points and think Sanders has more upside. What do y'all think?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

I'm rocking Yeldon/Hurns/Antonio Andrews tonight.

loving Thursdays.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thank you Julius for sorta finally paying off.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I grabbed Alfred Morris off the waiver wire. I figure if anything happens to Matt Jones he should be an OK flex

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vargo posted:

loving Thursdays.

As a fellow Hurns player, I feel you, I had nobody else I could play in my WR slot and was hoping he'd get at least one TD but nope. I have a feeling my six game winning streak ends this week.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I forgot to take Bortles out of my lineup :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I finally dropped Jeremy Hill. I picked up Romo with his spot, so I could still be in for disappointment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Unlikely. Romo is too talented and driven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Unlikely. Romo is too talented and driven.

I'm starting him over Dalton this week.

• Locked thread