Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

tsa posted:

What he said re: vaccinations is in line with the views of most americans actually. ... Also, as has been mentioned, anti-vacc stuff is probably even more prevalent on the left than the right (see the leftist areas of the west coast for a prime example of this).

Nope.

...umm, well that's a lovely top of page post. Hey, look at the chair of the Science committee being horrible.

quote:

Chairman Smith, who has consistently dismissed mainstream climate science, sought more information about the study. NOAA scientists provided three separate briefings to Science Committee staff in July and September, answering questions about the research and directing staffers to the data and methodology, all of which was already publicly available. This is all anyone should need to assess the science. Yet on October 13, Chairman Smith issued a broad subpoena to NOAA demanding all correspondence, notes, peer review comments, paper drafts, and more among scientists from the last seven years related to this work.

eNeMeE fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Greatbacon posted:

i...just...
Aww man, we'd been doing so well in the headlines lately too :co:
[/quote]

Wait did they say it was 2011 or did the author of the piece say it was?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hollismason posted:

I will admit to being completely wrong on the whole " It's going to be Bush/Walker" ticket. Seriously, what the loving hell. How many here predicted that?

If Trump keeps his numbers till mid January the party is hosed. Ben Carson is obviously self destructing and so are the other candidate. Jeb Bush is going to run out of money for his main campaign and only have his super pac.

I :toxx: for Trump winning the nomination.

if it were closer i would agree. but i think rubio or cruz still have a shot.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

"*squints at small print* "The State Government thanks you for not disturbing this federally-protected Veteran during the honeybee-mating season. An agent will be by to check every two weeks on the state of the hive."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

eNeMeE posted:

Nope.

...umm, well that's a lovely top of page post. Hey, look at the chair of the Science committee being horrible.

Give it time. I'm sure some climate scientist will get caught boning their post doc. It'll be hammered into the fox viewership as Banghazi and cause them to bury their heads even deeper in the ever-growing deserts.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Didn't Lex Luthor become president in the comics.

Yeah, after running on a pretty heavy anti-immigrant platform.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Technically he was anti-anchor baby.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

eNeMeE posted:

Nope.

lol

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if it were closer i would agree. but i think rubio or cruz still have a shot.

Lets be real here, Rubio doesn't have a chance and anyone that thinks he does is clueless as to what is going on in this election.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently United Healthcare is threatening to withdraw from Obamacare due to 'lowered projected earnings'.

Late, but Hilarious. They're one of the worst run of all the major healthcare companies, and their CEO makes about 3 times as much as his competitors. (About 60million v 20million per year). I'd grease up the ol' guillotine but I'm too busy rolling my eyes and making the jerkoff motion.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Got back from protests in Minneapolis a little while ago. Everyone was very nice, people were going around with extra cold weather gear and hand warmers. I also got to see a US Congressman.

Apparently the idiot anarchists are back in town and caused some problems last night.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
Has this been posted yet? Trump "absolutely" wants government Muslim database.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database-n466716?nc=4444

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I'll accept it, but only if we establish a database for Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists.

Sikhs get a pass. They're wearing their yellow badges on their heads and faces anyway.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

Silver Nitrate posted:

Got back from protests in Minneapolis a little while ago. Everyone was very nice, people were going around with extra cold weather gear and hand warmers. I also got to see a US Congressman.

Apparently the idiot anarchists are back in town and caused some problems last night.

I have to ask, did they wear skinny jeans and scream about fasicts the entire time? There was a group of them in ND for the Leith neo-nazi protests not long ago. They kept trying to egg people on until the swat team came right between the protestors and the nazis.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A federal database of religious affiliations and a federal database of guns.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Someone please come back into the thread and tell everyone that he won't be the nominee. I need this. :ohdear:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

On Terra Firma posted:

Someone please come back into the thread and tell everyone that he won't be the nominee. I need this. :ohdear:

Don't worry, I'm sure the NSA already had that database.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Could Bernie still win the nomination?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If Hillary dies, sure.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

I have to ask, did they wear skinny jeans and scream about fasicts the entire time? There was a group of them in ND for the Leith neo-nazi protests not long ago. They kept trying to egg people on until the swat team came right between the protestors and the nazis.

Nah they just threw some molotovs over the fence into the parking lot last night. Only saw one guy with a stupid mask today and one guy holding a "NO NWO" sign so I don't think there are a lot of em.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

On Terra Firma posted:

He won't be the president.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently United Healthcare is threatening to withdraw from Obamacare due to 'lowered projected earnings'.

I'm not sure how immediately shrinking their future sign-ups eternally is going to help revenue and earnings....

Grouchio posted:

Could Bernie still win the nomination?

He never could dude. Again, outside an assassin's work.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fishmech posted:

He never could dude. Again, outside an assassin's work.

There are plenty of other reasons Hillary might leave the race. Scandal, illness. OK, so two other reasons.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There are plenty of other reasons Hillary might leave the race. Scandal, illness. OK, so two other reasons.

It's been repeatedly proven that scandals can't sink the Clintons, due to years of Republican attempts. And since Hillary Clinton is a self confesses cyborg (see that interview from September) the nanobots will clear up any disease.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fishmech posted:

It's been repeatedly proven that scandals can't sink the Clintons, due to years of Republican attempts. And since Hillary Clinton is a self confesses cyborg (see that interview from September) the nanobots will clear up any disease.

I'm counting software errors as illness in this scenario.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

awesmoe posted:

You're saying the polls....are skewed?

i mean he doesn't seem to be the one continually discounting what the polls are saying right now and looking at other measures to disprove them

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trumps populist message even before the Paris attacks was popular. If anything it probably cemented his lead for a while, because he's been screaming about not letting foreigners in for the longest.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 20, 2015

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
In other news, noted Not Completely Terrible member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour Ron "Tater Salad" White is officially running for President as an independent. He has precisely two policy statements:

-Support vets
-Legalize weed and use the profits to fight the War on Meth

If this election wasn't so supremely important to the issue of whether this country goes completely insane, I'd probably throw my joke-vote in for him :420:.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Hollismason posted:

Trumps populist message even before the Paris attacks was popular. If anything it probably cemented his lead for a while, because he's been screaming about not letting foreigners in for the longest.

Both of Trump's main threats (Jeb/Rubio) are on record multiple times supporting the intake of Syrian refugees and amnesty. I don't see Trump letting that go for a while. I'm hoping he hammers them over it at the next debate which unfortunately isn't until Dec 15th.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
^^who could possibly think that this election cycle needs a parody candidate? It already is a parody.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think he's going to go after Rubio. Also, I'm pretty sure Ben Carson is going to implode before the Dec. 15th Debate.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

I will admit to being completely wrong on the whole " It's going to be Bush/Walker" ticket. Seriously, what the loving hell. How many here predicted that?

If Trump keeps his numbers till mid January the party is hosed. Ben Carson is obviously self destructing and so are the other candidate. Jeb Bush is going to run out of money for his main campaign and only have his super pac.

I :toxx: for Trump winning the nomination.

You should come over to the predictit thread and have a chance for that $10 bet to pay out $50.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lessail posted:

i mean he doesn't seem to be the one continually discounting what the polls are saying right now and looking at other measures to disprove them

You don't need to "unskew" the polls right now to say that Trump looks like a lot of candidates that polled quite high in November/December but still crashed and burned either before voting started or after IA/NH.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
This has been a fantastic month for thread titles.

A completely hosed up, horrible month otherwise, but great thread titles. :(

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'll go on record as saying I expect Trump to be the candidate. Not gonna risk :10bux: over it or anything as I do the starving college student thing, but I think he's got it in the bag at this point. That's a pretty god drat sad commentary on politics, but there you have it. The problem the Republican establishment has with Trump is that he's a carny barker that is really, really, really loving good at playing the media like a fiddle and he's using that as a springboard to give every low-information voter exactly what they want to hear.

At the end of the day he's a loudmouthed jackass presenting himself as an idiot's idiot. He is what a penniless hobo thinks a rich man should be and what someone who pays no attention to politics thinks a politician should be. Pure style, no substance and endless bullshit. If you can stomach it listen to his recent 90 minute rant. He doesn't come across as preparing anything at all, he just stands up there and says the insane poo poo people can't get away with saying in polite company. In the era of 24/7 news channels, social media blitzes and increasing pressures on day to day life just to not be economically hosed this no-thinking-required, perfect-for-sound-bites approach is exactly what works for people and it's getting him results.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 20, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm counting software errors as illness in this scenario.

They worked all the bugs out during the big 2012 beta test.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Stereotype posted:

You should come over to the predictit thread and have a chance for that $10 bet to pay out $50.

Link? I don't what subforum that is

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
This is the yoojest most luxurious thread title. :swoon:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

They worked all the bugs out during the big 2012 beta test.

Did they? She lost to the Kenyan Muslim Sharia World Order's Obamabot.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Anyone else sometimes think too hard about everyone taking Trump seriously, sincerely analyzing his political strategies and chance of winning, and just want to start cackling maniacally? Like, letting the true madness and derangement of our reality wash over you in waves? And I still haven't even accepted the possibility that he might be the nominee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm gonna go and see if I can volunteer for his Chicago office.

• Locked thread