Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

tower time posted:

Serperoth, hope you're staying safe out there.

Serperoth's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ye olde anime shoppe
Nov 9, 2006

Unlike most, I know I am a tool.
Do you gain rest experience faster than this server? Made a character a couple of days ago, logged in today and seemed to have a nearly full rested in a couple of days. Was quite nice.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

tower time posted:

Serperoth, hope you're staying safe out there.

:3: I am, I'm at the other side of the country than Paris, but I appreciate the concern. Worst I had was worrying a lot yesterday.

The Hammer posted:

Do you gain rest experience faster than this server? Made a character a couple of days ago, logged in today and seemed to have a nearly full rested in a couple of days. Was quite nice.

I've noticed that too. I don't know if it's real or just my impression, but it sure FEELS like that.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

RIP server?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The world frowns upon our raid this day.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Tanreall posted:

The world frowns upon our raid this day.

hopefully a server crash can reset my lockout :v:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Server crashes and I'm not even at the felcloth vendor anymore :(

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
According to mumble it's the US login server again. If you still have CyberGhost download, go ahead and use that again.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
RIP LBRS raid, you were too beautiful for this world.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

AzureSkye posted:

RIP LBRS raid, you were too beautiful for this world.

Well if nothing else this might be a decent time to run in the future. Are people regularly available around this time? We could make it a weekly thing.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I guess it's really dead this time.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Tanreall posted:

I guess it's really dead this time.

aaaaaand its back

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

aaaaaaaaand gone

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The Blizzard alert message on the login screen says they too are experiencing login server "issues"

Done for the night. Sad that this is like the only period of time I have during the week to play/level.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Logged back in to hearth. Cannot do anything, cannot log out, cannot quit game. Server is soooooo hosed.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Looking to do SFK run for loot (want Arugala robes and belt on Pratchett) tomorrow eve (monday). Who's with me?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I stopped playing because I hit level 25 and remembered that vanilla wow is a bad game, but man the nostalgia lasted 25 levels so thats something I guess.

You made it further than I did, I made it to 17 poopsocking for 15 hours on release day. But I'm now in the overwatch beta, so I got a decent reason to play anything else. I wish this server came up a month sooner so I could have got 60.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

No casualposting please this thread is for Hardcore Vanilla WoW Gamers only.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

hit button posted:

No casualposting please this thread is for Hardcore Vanilla WoW Gamers only.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
People keep buying my small glimmering shards for 10-15s each to re list them for 30-35. I thought this was dumb but are people actually buying these loving things at 30s a pop?

I mean the enchanting grind is kinda bad but good god that's way too expensive. Like if you can afford to drop 2g on 5 low enchanting levels you should probably just go solo VC for an hour. You'll get twice as much in return and make money on top of it.

I'm not actually going to have to run Auctioneer am I? :negative:

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 17, 2015

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Server making GBS threads itself once again.

Edit: wish I could say that I am willing to give nost the benefit of the doubt, but I simply do not have the schedule to bypass these nightly fucktarded disconnects.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 18, 2015

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Who is level 30 and the second highest priest level in guild?
<--- This Guy.

Really enjoying my slow slog to 60, and hope the ones that rushed to get there are not burnt out completely by the time I max level. Questing yesterday with like-level guildies was a nice boost.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I hate being the highest level pally in the guild, it just means I get to be a buffbot. :shepicide:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll ding 50 tonight probably and start the final stretch to becoming a druid healbot. Thankfully we have no shortage of tanks.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A Tartan Tory posted:

I hate being the highest level pally in the guild, it just means I get to be a buffbot. :shepicide:

You're leveling a paladin and weren't expecting this?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

I present to you Exhibit A as to why I rolled a lock instead of a pally.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I rolled a warrior and am going to go against expectations and not tank.

It's going well so far and I've only been in one dungeon and am level 40.

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommaToes posted:

Living the dream. Wear crit gear exclusively when you ding 60

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

radiatinglines posted:

I'll ding 50 tonight probably and start the final stretch to becoming a druid healbot. Thankfully we have no shortage of tanks.

Just dinged it myself :hf: We get to go poison a devilsaur. Anyone wanna help?

Actually, I'd also like to do Mara tonight or tomorrow. I can do subpar dps or heal. I would say tank, but was just killing stuff last night with the rogue Nicholiii something, and could not keep agro off him even with growling. Rogues are kinda awesome. If anyone's interested in Mara, unfortunately I am pst so won't get home for another 2-3 hours or so.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Desmond posted:

Actually, I'd also like to do Mara tonight or tomorrow. I can do subpar dps or heal. I would say tank, but was just killing stuff last night with the rogue Nicholiii something, and could not keep agro off him even with growling. Rogues are kinda awesome. If anyone's interested in Mara, unfortunately I am pst so won't get home for another 2-3 hours or so.

Just so you know that even though the prequests are in the ST quest is not.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Tanners posted:

Just so you know that even though the prequests are in the ST quest is not.

Oh bummer, where is my immersion/completionism outlet now!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

CommaToes posted:

Once you get good dps gear people will stop asking you to tank for the most part. I get whispers now on Horde side asking me to dps dungeons. That being said, if you aren't willing to tank at 60 its going to take a very long time to for you to get the good dps gear because no one wants a poo poo-geared dps warrior.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

So it appears I have worked out a partnership with "A Few Good Men" to conduct joint raids in the near future. This is predicated on the notion we can supply around 10 raiders a week, while they can muster around 20-25. They should be able to take as many of us as we have available for the near future. Tanners went along to their raid tonight, where they downed gehennas with a bit over 20 people. The atmosphere was calm and their voice chat was professional and quiet.

The raid times are Wendesday and Thursday (thanks for the correction tanners) at 6pm Pacific Standard Time.

While we are still negotiating loot rules, it appears that loot is likely to be proportional based off numbers. If they supply 30 and we supply 10, they get 3 items for every 1 we receive. If you would like to raid in the near future I would recommend you spend some time trying to 5 man for decent gear so we can perform well. Our first few runs it will be quite important that we can muster around 10 people - showing up with 4-5 would be embarassing and likely hurt our future partnership with them.

Next thursday there will be no raid due to thanksgiving, but wednesday is still on. Will keep you all apprised.

tower time fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 20, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

tower time posted:

So it appears I have worked out a partnership with "A Few Good Men" to conduct joint raids in the near future. This is predicated on the notion we can supply around 10 raiders a week, while they can muster around 20-25. They should be able to take as many of us as we have available for the near future. Tanners went along to their raid tonight, where they downed gehennas with a bit over 20 people. The atmosphere was calm and their voice chat was professional and quiet.

The raid times are Thursday and Saturday (I think, it might be friday?) at 6pm Pacific Standard Time.

While we are still negotiating loot rules, it appears that loot is likely to be proportional based off numbers. If they supply 30 and we supply 10, they get 3 items for every 1 we receive. If you would like to raid in the near future I would recommend you spend some time trying to 5 man for decent gear so we can perform well. Our first few runs it will be quite important that we can muster around 10 people - showing up with 4-5 would be embarassing and likely hurt our future partnership with them.

Next thursday there will be no raid due to thanksgiving, so the next one will be fri or sat. Will keep you all apprised.

I heard from him during the raid their days were Wednesday and Thursday, but that they might shift thanksgivings raid to sunday. Pls clarify schedule

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011

Desmond posted:

To be fair I was constantly blowing my CDs, and I was 3-4 levels higher than you.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

soscannonballs posted:

Once you get good dps gear people will stop asking you to tank for the most part. I get whispers now on Horde side asking me to dps dungeons. That being said, if you aren't willing to tank at 60 its going to take a very long time to for you to get the good dps gear because no one wants a poo poo-geared dps warrior.

Is Fury Dual Wield the DPS spec of choice? I've been leveling Fury 2h, but all of the vanilla guides say dual wields are the best. I would imagine hit would be a problem.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

CommaToes posted:

Is Fury Dual Wield the DPS spec of choice? I've been leveling Fury 2h, but all of the vanilla guides say dual wields are the best. I would imagine hit would be a problem.

Yeah at 60 dual wield is the way to go. 2h is better for leveling for a variety of reasons though.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Tanners:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Noah posted:

Tanners:

Don't you do this to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Even by greasy spoon standards the kraft single melted lazily onto the hashbrown is pretty unappealing in appearance.

• Locked thread