Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wtb 50 cal minigun

is ap worth it over the extra damage you get with the powerful receivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kea posted:

Give modders time.

Kind of want a Gau 8.
You're not going to see much headway until the GECK comes out. The weapon components themselves seem to have the weapon stats this time around and finding those would be difficult especially with what kind of fuckery we're getting.

Also the .50 rechamber is .50 AE. If you fired that out of a rifle or carbine you'd get something a bit more effective than a .308 which is what it is ingame.

Epic High Five posted:

wtb 50 cal minigun

is ap worth it over the extra damage you get with the powerful receivers?
The damage system has a cutoff where you do fuckall damage, then you start doing damage, then you get almost no resistance. -30% of 200 armor is 140 which does gently caress-all for the 14 damage weapons it appears almost exclusively in.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 20, 2015

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Anyone know if you can raise and brahmin at your settlements? There is one here at my place at the starlight drive in, and I wanted to know if I could collect and house more.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Anyone know if you can raise and brahmin at your settlements? There is one here at my place at the starlight drive in, and I wanted to know if I could collect and house more.

A trader walks around selling them, your settlers will also collect them, I have no idea if they have any effect however. You may need to build a feed trough for them first?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have a strange bug. I was heading over to the Memory Hole, and kept hearing a loud noise and my screen would shake. I assumed that it was a Super Mutant Behemoth somewhere nearby (probably a Freedom Trail event, but I wasn't and haven't done that quest yet).

Anyways, so I complete the Memory Hole quest, and go back to Sanctuary to waste time doing dumb Fallout stuff and get ready for the next quest. I got Piper and myself all loaded up for bear and start strolling around, and I start getting the screen shake thing again.

Going to try restarting the game. If that doesn't fix it I guess I'll go kill a Behemoth? It's pretty annoying.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kea posted:

A trader walks around selling them, your settlers will also collect them, I have no idea if they have any effect however. You may need to build a feed trough for them first?

They seem to generate fertilizer, I think that's about it.

The feed trough may increase the rate of fertilizer generation but it's mostly to keep the big dumb bastards from wandering off.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Found a Vault 75 under Maldin Middle School. Man if you weren't convinced Vault-Tech weren't complete asshats before...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Broken Cog posted:

You might have to do the quest where you donate blood, and the one where you speak to the class first, then you have to talk to the daughter of the supply store couple.

I didn't talk to her after doing the classroom so I go back to do it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got a bottomless gamma gun.. which is drat near worthless.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Also the .50 rechamber is .50 AE. If you fired that out of a rifle or carbine you'd get something a bit more effective than a .308 which is what it is ingame.
The box art definitely shows a .50 BMG.

Kharmakazy posted:

I got a bottomless gamma gun.. which is drat near worthless.
It rips raiders up but by then so do most of your weapons.

Rabidredneck posted:

Found a Vault 75 under Maldin Middle School. Man if you weren't convinced Vault-Tech weren't complete asshats before...
Nothing will ever top Vault 11 (or that time I ran into the Fallout 3 Gary vault with an enormous stack of tactilol mods and barely escaped after killing them all with a pool cue).

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2015

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Just did a Railroad mission and Glory was there. We kicked rear end together. It was awesome. Glory should have been a companion. Modders, don't disappoint me. And I just realized how terrible of an idea this can turn out to be. :stonk:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Arrath posted:

They seem to generate fertilizer, I think that's about it.

The feed trough may increase the rate of fertilizer generation but it's mostly to keep the big dumb bastards from wandering off.

yeah i think they're just poop factories, im almost positive ive never picked up fertilizer on this character but it started showing up while crafting stuff once i got a brahmin at a settlement

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Myth busted: Companions will not apply Magical Companion Ammo to given weapons chambered for the same round. Danse went back to his laser rifle after I gave him a souped-up Institute rifle and no fusion cells.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh that sucks. Maybe modders will fix it. I can also see modders adding in some missing and iconic weapons. No .223 pistol or 12.5 pistol? Really?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh that sucks. Maybe modders will fix it. I can also see modders adding in some missing and iconic weapons. No .223 pistol or 12.5 pistol? Really?

Gauss pistol
Pulse pistol and pulse rifle

:negative:

Gauss minigun :getin:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's only 9 points plus a bobblehead for me to max out Blitz and Big Leagues on my Signals Officer build (hacking, modding, rifles). Considering I plan on getting Ninja anyway... MESSATSU :ssj:

Edit:
Ugh, send a companion somewhere other than home once and they'll never be able to go back again. I just want Danse to go back to the Prydwen with his Steel Bros :\

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 20, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

When I got a gauss rifle on my Gunslinger I immediately fast traveled to a weapon bench to try and rip off the stock :(

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Soulex posted:

I want mcready to like me so bad but I only seem to disappoint him. :ohdear: is there a way to fast track him to VATS headshot goodness?

Macready likes it when you steal so just go to a room with lots of stealable items, steal something, quicksave, quickload, steal something, repeat. There's a slight cooldown on his liking you in between steals but that's instantly up when you load a game.

I got him to idolized in like 10 minutes this way, not counting the time to do his quests.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

The box art definitely shows a .50 BMG.
Somehow I shouldn't be surprised that they thought that was just a necked up .308 :downs:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Two of the vaults in this game are morally worse than anything we've seen in previous games, which is saying something. We're going way past science or philosophical allegories (Vault 11 references The Lottery and the Milgram experiments) to I-have-no-mouth-and-I-must-scream levels of pure torture here. Vault 11's "research" at least had something to say. Vault 95 is the set of a snuff flick.

On a lighter note, I want a mod that replaces Dogmeat with Temmie

Edit: man, I forgot how well-made Vault 11 is. It would be incredible to, in some future fallout game set on the east coast, find that last jumpsuit next to the remains of a corpse in a poignant location.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 20, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I gave Piper over 1200 rounds of 5.56mm and a souped-up assault rifle before heading off to the Glowing Sea.

She has 12 rounds left. She just keeps shooting at burrowing radscorpions and molerats, even while they are hidden.

What's the solution to this issue? Just let your companions use their default weapons? I might switch to Cait and give her a Super Sledge that I never use. Seems mildly amusing to send an angry Irish woman to go beat down my foes with a giant hammer.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

gromdul posted:

Cait (...) Super Sledge

Do it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So, apparently Brahmin can be synths too... I was testing out baseball grenades when I came upon this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

So, apparently Brahmin can be synths too... I was testing out baseball grenades when I came upon this.

Yeah.

Institute has some interesting ideas about infiltration.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shumagorath posted:

Myth busted: Companions will not apply Magical Companion Ammo to given weapons chambered for the same round. Danse went back to his laser rifle after I gave him a souped-up Institute rifle and no fusion cells.

Yea, Macready wouldn't stick with the souped up legendary sniper rifle I gave him, either. He'd have it out and look like he was gonna do poo poo with it, but then never shoot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They put magnets in cows because they eat metal stuff

immersion

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

guess it's good that companions can't die. you figure by his 1000th continue that dogmeat would know not to run right at the super mutant carrying the beeping object

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

guess it's good that companions can't die. you figure by his 1000th continue that dogmeat would know not to run right at the super mutant carrying the beeping object

I'm not gonna complain about Dogmeat acting like ERA.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

TheHoosier posted:

Sounds like a good dog to me. He knows he can't die.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I put Piper in the Grognak outfit, now I have a wasteland slave girl following me around.

I also attacked the guard at the lift to one of the Gunners outposts on top of the highway, and the rest of the guards come crashing down trying to kill me, but all die on impact.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Rasmussen posted:

Sounds like a good dog to me. He knows he can't die.

he is indeed a Good Dog, but causing a detonation in close quarters before i can shoot their face is a Bad Dog

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Two of the vaults in this game are morally worse than anything we've seen in previous games, which is saying something. We're going way past science or philosophical allegories (Vault 11 references The Lottery and the Milgram experiments) to I-have-no-mouth-and-I-must-scream levels of pure torture here. Vault 11's "research" at least had something to say. Vault 95 is the set of a snuff flick.

On a lighter note, I want a mod that replaces Dogmeat with Temmie

Edit: man, I forgot how well-made Vault 11 is. It would be incredible to, in some future fallout game set on the east coast, find that last jumpsuit next to the remains of a corpse in a poignant location.

Vault 95 is also very nearly pointless. So you've got a bunch of addicts that after five years off the junk are presented with chems. . What did you think was going to happen? It's like studying the effects of high grade napalm on people, you have plenty of case studies of that happening before the war.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I went back a few pages and didn't see this posted, so... BGS did a brief blog-post about how updates and patches are gonna be handled.

Long story short, they'll be done they same way they were in Skyrim: Opt-in beta patches on PC, then finalized PC patches, then console versions. First beta patch will probably be next week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

arisu posted:

Macready likes it when you steal so just go to a room with lots of stealable items, steal something, quicksave, quickload, steal something, repeat. There's a slight cooldown on his liking you in between steals but that's instantly up when you load a game.

I got him to idolized in like 10 minutes this way, not counting the time to do his quests.

Thanks for this! I didn't get a prompt at first but I'll try this out for sure. He got mad when I got the key from that creepy serial killer dudes house.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah, seriously. I started her with a SS which got upgraded to an Irradiated Super Sledge when I found one and she just flattens everyone. She's pretty brutal.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Can't do anything with a pilotless gunner virtibird, can I?

Killed the pilot before he could take off.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Winners don't use drugs and at least it's an easily correctable bug.
On PC with the Silver Shroud questline... So in the final confrontation, do not be under the influence of Berry Mentats or else they'll kill the hostage as soon as you step foot in the hospital at all. I even tried out entering without the buff, and then popping a Berry Mentat. Every time they killed the guy.
Thanks, Todd. :anime:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Considering I just got a sword from a legendary gunner, that's pretty accurate.

Is Cait a melee or unarmed character? I've seen her use both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

She's a hatemachine, either works.

• Locked thread