Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lycus posted:

Unfortunately, my hobby is caring a lot about politics. I'd probably be happier carving poo poo out of wood or whatever, but here I am.

Keeping yourself suspended in a state of constant panic isn't caring about politics, that's just being cray cray. I think Trump would make a great president since he has alot of experience being the president already. It's businessmen that run this country isn't it, so why not just skip all the pretenses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
I will only care about politics when Donald Trump forces me to carry an ID card as an anime watcher.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Keeping yourself suspended in a state of constant panic isn't caring about politics, that's just being cray cray. I think Trump would make a great president since he has alot of experience being the president already. It's businessmen that run this country isn't it, so why not just skip all the pretenses?

I think you'll find that most businessmen are not only quite terrible at governance, but also that every business man the GOP has put forth has been a terrible one. Trump is probably the best of the lot and he was born into hundreds of millions of dollars and a name that had a lot of credit and he still had to abuse loopholes like a snake man

gullah jack posted:

I will only care about politics when Donald Trump forces me to carry an ID card as an anime watcher.

But if you wait until then, there will be nobody left to speak for you

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I think you'll find that most businessmen are not only quite terrible at governance, but also that every business man the GOP has put forth has been a terrible one. Trump is probably the best of the lot and he was born into hundreds of millions of dollars and a name that had a lot of credit and he still had to abuse loopholes like a snake man

But if you wait until then, there will be nobody left to speak for you

Abusing loopholes like a snake man is top tier bureaucratic education, isn't it?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Abusing loopholes like a snake man is top tier bureaucratic education, isn't it?

It's more likely to get you rich, but it's not necessarily a good tactic if you're concerned about things like your legacy or not spending your twilight years in prison. Trump hasn't flipped any of THOSE cards though (afaik) so it doesn't apply but you'd be surprised at how many business people are interested overwhelmingly in doing the right thing. The real evil in the world is shareholders

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

I think both sides would gain equally from supporter consolidation but Trump is a hugely flawed general election candidate. If he won the nomination I think we might see a wave election approaching 8%+ giving the senate and house back to the Democratic party.

Senate probably, House not likely.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZYHP6IBoac

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

gullah jack posted:

The anime fans will like it because Trump will give them Pokemon gym badges.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Glad someone thinks this song is still relevant. It's a bit of a creeper, though.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lycus posted:

Well you've just sold me.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

comes along bort posted:

Senate probably, House not likely.

An 8%+ democratic vote margin is the threshold to flip the house. Lower for the Senate.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man this Thanksgiving is going to be excruciating for you people, won't it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

If it ever feels bad we can always just check in on how the Freepers are doing. This is always a rough season for them

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm just gonna hang out with my nephew while he plays Minecraft.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 20, 2015

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lycus posted:

There's a Pokemon gym called Sex Offender?

e: wait, poo poo, I watch anime. Skewered by my own joke.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I missed it, what's the thread title?

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Chantilly Say posted:

I missed it, what's the thread title?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

An 8%+ democratic vote margin is the threshold to flip the house. Lower for the Senate.

Even with Trump on the ticket the overall downticket margin won't be that high across the board.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Is there a large enough chunk of the US population that don't want to get called for jury duty; that they would choose to not vote? I'm really just curious if there have been any studies of that and whether it truly acts as a chilling effect or is just a lazy excuse.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Is there a large enough chunk of the US population that don't want to get called for jury duty; that they would choose to not vote? I'm really just curious if there have been any studies of that and whether it truly acts as a chilling effect or is just a lazy excuse.
I'm pretty sure that filing taxes or getting a drivers license are enough to get you put into the jury pool system. Not registering to vote doesn't keep you from getting called for jury duty.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

It's more likely to get you rich, but it's not necessarily a good tactic if you're concerned about things like your legacy or not spending your twilight years in prison. Trump hasn't flipped any of THOSE cards though (afaik) so it doesn't apply but you'd be surprised at how many business people are interested overwhelmingly in doing the right thing. The real evil in the world is shareholders

Welllllll...

Trump has a legacy of possible fraud cases to his name regarding some of his projects and buildings.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm pretty sure that filing taxes or getting a drivers license are enough to get you put into the jury pool system. Not registering to vote doesn't keep you from getting called for jury duty.

You're right, the county at least just goes by DMV database. Why the gently caress was I always told it was registering to vote?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Man, there was some grade A false equivalency going on Morning Joe today courtesy of Joe, Chuck Todd and Ron Fournier:

"This was a terrible week for American leadership. You have Republicans arguing that saying we should start registering muslims on a data base as if we were in some Orwellian hellscape, and on the other end we have President Obama criticizing Republicans for suggesting such things!"

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

You're right, the county at least just goes by DMV database. Why the gently caress was I always told it was registering to vote?

Uh to make you not want to register? So you wouldn't vote? Voter suppression doesn't have to be based on anything true...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Probably because the most common way (at least that I can tell) of registering to vote is by going to the DMV while you're getting your license or whatever.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I've never been called to jury duty, which is sad since I'd probably enjoy it.

Well, before I get immediately purged for not being for the death penalty or something.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I've never been called to jury duty, which is sad since I'd probably enjoy it.

Well, before I get immediately purged for not being for the death penalty or something.

Same, and same. Which is probably why I never questioned how they choose who to subpoena in the first place.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jonathan Pollard is free.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

McDowell posted:

Jonathan Pollard is free.

But not free to go to Israel :lol:

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 20, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, "go back". How many times had he visited here in his life?

e: oh yeah, the Knesset is working out a law that'll provide Pollard with a house and money for the rest of his life. meanwhile Israelis suffer from rising prices for houses and apartments, both to buy or rent

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 20, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fade5 posted:

Best (or worst) part of that:
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/02/03/native-language-spotlighted-during-coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-153398

One of the languages was the most American you can get.
Everyone knows Native Americans are American in name only, AINOs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, "go back". How many times had he visited here in his life?

e: oh yeah, the Knesset is working out a law that'll provide Pollard with a house and money for the rest of his life. meanwhile Israelis suffer from rising prices for houses and apartments, both to buy or rent

Crime has paid in Israel for a long time, usually it's property crimes and ethnic cleansing for building development though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
True, getting a place to live in the settlements is pretty cheap.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Every time Hillary talks about foreign policy, I feel worse about knowing that I will inevitably vote for her in the GE. :smith: I also get this feeling every time I'm reminded about her domestic policy history.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I know this if from forever ago, but this is a bad memey 'shop.

This is actually a picture from forever ago, and this old dude is actually at a VFW event listening to Bush speak.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Optimus Subprime posted:

I also get this feeling every time I'm reminded about her domestic policy history.

I don't like healthcare either.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

computer parts posted:

I don't like healthcare either.

But but but what about those things Bill did

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Optimus Subprime posted:

Every time Hillary talks about foreign policy, I feel worse about knowing that I will inevitably vote for her in the GE. :smith: I also get this feeling every time I'm reminded about her domestic policy history.

Hillary is hawkish, but so is Obama and I don't think she'd be very much different. Also, her domestic record is pretty good if you take her stance on regulating the financial sector out of the picture.

A President Trump honestly "scares" me less than any other of the GOP candidates. At least Trump isn't beholden to establishment policy. That said, Hillary is basically an out of the park matchup against anything Trump advocates (except beholden to Wall Street interests).

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boon posted:

Hillary is hawkish, but so is Obama and I don't think she'd be very much different.

A President Trump honestly "scares" me less than any other of the GOP candidates. At least Trump isn't beholden to establishment policy. That said, Hillary is basically an out of the park matchup against anything Trump advocates (except beholden to Wall Street interests).

Trump is openly advocating for a Muslim database so I guess yeah you're right he isn't beholden to establishment policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Optimus Subprime posted:

This but about everything.

• Locked thread