Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

All my chars use the same crystal. Yellow black preorder crystal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really want to get a copper saber but gently caress those prices

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

My marauder wields two giant swords, screw lightsabers. :colbert:

Techswords or vibroswords?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RFC2324 posted:

All my chars use the same crystal. Yellow black preorder crystal :colbert:

I hope you're at least buying the upgraded +41 one and not sticking with the +7 endurance one you get for free.

prefect posted:

Techswords or vibroswords?

Can only use Vibroswords, techblades are certain companions only. Using The Chopper and Cathar Honor Sword

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Can only use Vibroswords, techblades are certain companions only. Using The Chopper and Cathar Honor Sword

Was going to talk trash, but that Cathar sword is pretty sweet.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Those are pretty cool, not gonna lie. Honestly didn't even consider using vibro for my marauder.

I do have a question though.

Is PVP a viable route in this game?

I know our server is PVE, but instead of grinding for PVE gear i would rather play the PVP side. However, there doesn't seem to be too much variety too it.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 20, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
My Sith only use purple. It was good enough for Revan and Mace Windu; it's good enough for me.

As for Jedi? It used to be only blue and green for me, but I'm warming up to gold. I like the pairing, especially with the Jedi Sage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

justsharkbait posted:

Those are pretty cool, not gonna lie. Honestly didn't even consider using vibro for my marauder.

My Juggernaut uses the Sword of the Vigilant. I like to pretend she killed Cloud Strife and stole his Buster Sword.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Medullah posted:

I hope you're at least buying the upgraded +41 one and not sticking with the +7 endurance one you get for free.

For my couple high level chars i use the upgraded one. Tbh I want to get silver black or white black but :effort:

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
In Jedi Covenant, are the folks playing GSF for the republic significantly better than the ones in the empire, or am I just unlucky and/or that bad?

prefect posted:

The only color choice I really don't get is yellow-blue.

That just looks wrong somehow.
It really does. As long as the core is white, I don't mind. Those with a colored core that I can't stand. I'm usually partial to the Blood Red crystals.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

The black core ones like the yellow black preorder one always put me off because all I can see is a metal pole that's glowing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

All I know is A) Holy crap the writing of this game devolves into complete dross whenever Revan is involved and B) The garbage with Revan and balance in the Force entailing a mix of Light and Dark is completely wrong headed. It's like Bioware's shorthand (Light Side) has completely confused them to how the Force works. The Dark Side isn't some valid alternative philosophy, it's a perversion/corruption. The Dark Side is literally metaphysical/spiritual cancer. Balance means an absence of it.

In about a month you're going to be totally wrong.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dammit, now I'm considering getting an attenuated lightsaber and shoto for my sentinel/marauder. Stupid attractive gallery of pictures! :argh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Blockhouse posted:

I really want to get a copper saber but gently caress those prices

What server are you on? I just opened a bunch of crystal packs last night and I think I have two copper ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm still waiting for the non-attenuated shoto one.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LibbyM posted:

The black core ones like the yellow black preorder one always put me off because all I can see is a metal pole that's glowing.

I bought a bunch of crystals from the cartel market when I was PVPing for M1-4X. The first expertise crystal I got was blue-cyan-indigo, which I expected to look like trash, but I'm coming around to it. (Also, the PVP-vendor lightsaber makes a different sound. Lower and more sinister.)

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Beeme posted:

In Jedi Covenant, are the folks playing GSF for the republic significantly better than the ones in the empire, or am I just unlucky and/or that bad?

As far as I can tell the good Republic GSF players tend to queue in groups and if you run into them while solo you'll lose handily (not too different from any sort of pvp except there are far fewer players so you can run into the same buzzsaw repeatedly). Otherwise it tends to be evenly matched, occasionally you get a premade on your side. I think there is a gsf custom chat channel you can join if you're looking for people to group with.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

In about a month you're going to be totally wrong.

Nothing about the new movies will change the old movies.

Unless Lucas sneaks in and changes the old movies again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nothing he said is from any movie.

All the Balance to the Force stuff came after because it was never really adequately explained by the movies. And since Luke is Kylo Ren we know all the Light/Dark stuff is going to get mixed up.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 20, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kurieg posted:

What server are you on? I just opened a bunch of crystal packs last night and I think I have two copper ones.

Jedi Covenant.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

Nothing he said is from any movie.

All the Balance to the Force stuff came after because it was never really adequately explained by the movies. And since Luke is Kylo Ren we know all the Light/Dark stuff is going to get mixed up.

Watch Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Jedi Covenant.

Bah, I'm on Ebon Hawk.

Aphrodite posted:

That's not going to happen.

And besides, As long as Jolee Bindo is acknowledged as a thing that exists then there'll be a "Balance to the force" thing. Revan's problem is that they let him get too damned important to the plot.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

And since Luke is Kylo Ren we know all the Light/Dark stuff is going to get mixed up.

:flipoff: :vd: :flipoff:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

sassassin posted:

Doesn't Lord scourge talk about murdering the exile while living on your ship rent free?

Yup.

sassassin posted:

When can I kill Scourge?

Why would you ever want to do that. :psyduck:

Medullah posted:

Get Broonmark's sword back, it's a unique model and it is awesome.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Promethium posted:

I think there is a gsf custom chat channel you can join if you're looking for people to group with.

This would be pretty handy, do you know the name of it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurieg posted:

That's not going to happen.

And besides, As long as Jolee Bindo is acknowledged as a thing that exists then there'll be a "Balance to the force" thing. Revan's problem is that they let him get too damned important to the plot.

He isn't though. The only things that count now are the 6+ movies, the Clone Wars series, Rebels and any newer books.

Apparently the Clone Wars series comes right out and says "No, balance means both have to be around, suck it George."

(Luke isn't really Kylo Ren. Probably.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 20, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

What Vibroswords bind at the hip as opposed to the back. Some of them look pretty neat but I hated going through the rishi questline looking like someone had tricked me into wearing a gold plated diaper and strapped an antenna to my back.

Aphrodite posted:

If they want to play this card then they'll probably make Kylo luke's son, just to bring the whole Titanomachia thing into play.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

He isn't though. The only things that count now are the 6+ movies, the Clone Wars series, Rebels and any newer books.

Apparently the Clone Wars series comes right out and says "No, balance means both have to be around, suck it George."

I think it's more the idea that as long as the things that drive people to the dark side exist, so will the dark side itself and the idea of Sith. Cut out all the mystical garbage and you're left with the age-old question of why evil exists. It exists as long as the things that lead to people doing evil exist.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

What Vibroswords bind at the hip as opposed to the back. Some of them look pretty neat but I hated going through the rishi questline looking like someone had tricked me into wearing a gold plated diaper and strapped an antenna to my back.

If they want to play this card then they'll probably make Kylo luke's son, just to bring the whole Titanomachia thing into play.

Please stop talking about Force Awakens, I'm avoiding freaking everything about it, I don't even want to theorize. I want that same magical experience I had when I saw Jedi in the theater, minus the uncle touching me inappropriately during the movie.

Fuzz posted:

Get Broonmark's sword back, it's a unique model and it is awesome.

And only useable by him. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

:siren::siren:CONTEST ALERT:siren::siren:

So our good friend Non-Entity was kind enough to offer up another item for a contest, a Probe Droid contract! Didn't win the Akk Dog? Well now you can get your own Probe Droid!

I don't have a specific contest in mind, so I figured I'd see if anyone had any good ideas. The haiku contest was cool, we could always do something similar such as a limerick contest.

What I was really thinking would be valuable and an actual useful contest would be a funds drive for Goon Squad. It would be nice if our little sister guild had itself a flagship. So for a contest I was thinking something along the lines of - for every 50k you donate to the cause, you get one "entry" to the contest. Whoever wins the grand prize gets the Probe Droid or a Hypercrate, second prize gets whatever the grand prize doesn't take, and maybe we can come up with some other prizes.

Thoughts?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

"suck it george" what, he had complete creative control over that show. There wasn't a bit of it he didn't personally put his stamp on.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ran into an issue recently and wondered if anyone else has. On SoR stuff and just offered my class quest for it, but now I can't start it because it doesn't recognise that I finished my class story. totally did though, got the title and everything to prove it :colbert:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

wait is the Probe Droid a companion?

And it can heal you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

"suck it george" what, he had complete creative control over that show. There wasn't a bit of it he didn't personally put his stamp on.

Then he chose to contradict himself and that's even weirder.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Then he chose to contradict himself and that's even weirder.

Maybe it was more "poetic" that way...

In other news could we please STFU about anything in the new movie till it actually gets released and after that spoiler tags would be appreciated.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

:siren::siren:CONTEST ALERT:siren::siren:

So our good friend Non-Entity was kind enough to offer up another item for a contest, a Probe Droid contract! Didn't win the Akk Dog? Well now you can get your own Probe Droid!

I don't have a specific contest in mind, so I figured I'd see if anyone had any good ideas. The haiku contest was cool, we could always do something similar such as a limerick contest.

What I was really thinking would be valuable and an actual useful contest would be a funds drive for Goon Squad. It would be nice if our little sister guild had itself a flagship. So for a contest I was thinking something along the lines of - for every 50k you donate to the cause, you get one "entry" to the contest. Whoever wins the grand prize gets the Probe Droid or a Hypercrate, second prize gets whatever the grand prize doesn't take, and maybe we can come up with some other prizes.

Thoughts?

That's a cool idea but I can't help but think that 50 million is a bit of too high cost for what is essentially an alt guild. I'd personally rather the main ship was fully unlocked with that kind of money (I realize it takes encryptions too but those can also be bought off the GTN).

Telex posted:

wait is the Probe Droid a companion?

And it can heal you?
Yes. It can be set to any role like any other companions. The only thing it doesn't do is craft. Same for the Akk Dog.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Each film or show is its own thing at all that matters is that and anything it directly references. The prequels don't ruin the originals, the cartoons don't ruin the movies.

Canon is a lie designed to sell merchandise.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Each film or show is its own thing at all that matters is that and anything it directly references. The prequels don't ruin the originals, the cartoons don't ruin the movies.

I was at Walgreens the other day and got bored so I went looking through the toy isle because it was that, shampoo, or holiday cards and they had a Darth Vader action figure and I thought it was a left over or something because people still like him but on the side they were advertising stuff from the new film as part of the same series of action figures or whatever a group of them is called

seems like if they wanted to be true to the movie he'd be a charred corpse with melty armor

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

That's a cool idea but I can't help but think that 50 million is a bit of too high cost for what is essentially an alt guild. I'd personally rather the main ship was fully unlocked with that kind of money (I realize it takes encryptions too but those can also be bought off the GTN).

See, my thoughts are that it's going to take a LOT of money and encryptions for us to unlock the whole ship for Imperial side, not to mention buy decorations for it, when essentially 99% of the guild just uses the same 10x10 area. If we were to unlock the base guildship on pub side it might encourage people to play alts on that side for conquest too.

Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sassassin posted:

I don't think there's any interpretation that can make this make sense.

• Locked thread