Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

System Metternich posted:

And now imagine being a 10 year old Austrian kid wanting to put ketchup on your schnitzel. I thought the cook was going to kill them, it took us Gruppenleiter (whatever this is in English) literally years to persuade her that no, schnitzel being served with ketchup doesn't mean that the downfall of Christendom is imminent :suicide:

The most insecure country.

Also Kochkäseschnitzel is legit good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Jägerschnitzel best Schnitzel :colbert:

If it's breaded it's not Jägerschnitzel :colbert:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Ghost Farts posted:

The most insecure country.

You don't want to know what Italian cooks will do when you disrespect their food.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riso posted:

You could/should have stopped at German.
Partway through I started to wonder whether the guy maybe is German

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
FWIW I stopped at question 10.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
super ultra dry wiener schnitzel with a hint of lemon spritzer :yum:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Bavarian chiming in. Breaded Schnitzel with sauce on top is madness. :argh:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ghost Farts posted:

This man knows what he's talking about.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

bronin posted:

Bavarian chiming in. Breaded Schnitzel with sauce on top is madness. :argh:
Of course it is*, as me and the other fellow Bavarian (I do count Franken cuz I'm not silly) were quick to remark.

The funny and telling part was that the Austrian's rant still took five more minutes, mostly veering between DIESE DEUTSCHEN UND IHRE PERVERSION and ABER SCHNITZEL MIT TUNKEEEEEEEEEE (sic)

*I deliberately left out my personal opinion in the initial post because I knew exactly how the thread would react, proving more points about everyone involved :smug:.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

This entire derail reminds me of the one time I got really hungry and drove through the Thuringian hinterland for what seemed like an eternity before we finally arrived in Nordhausen and ate at the single restaurant we could find there that was open. I had a Schnitzel im Bierteig there and goddamn, was it good.

vvv eh, Weimar is pretty cool imo and I've heard good things about Erfurt vvv

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 17, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

THERE IS ONLY HINTERLAND HERE

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I really hope schengen isn't ended, because my passport expires 5 months after I arrive in Italy coming from Germany. If I have to go through border control then I won't get in :(

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Ranter posted:

I really hope schengen isn't ended, because my passport expires 5 months after I arrive in Italy coming from Germany. If I have to go through border control then I won't get in :(

You are required to carry ID even in the Schengenzone, but it does not have to be a passport.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Riso posted:

You are required to carry ID even in the Schengenzone, but it does not have to be a passport.

Yes of course, but I don't see the relevance. I'm just voicing concern and hope Italy doesn't institute border checks for people coming from Germany otherwise I probably won't get in for my expensive holiday.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ranter posted:

Yes of course, but I don't see the relevance. I'm just voicing concern and hope Italy doesn't institute border checks for people coming from Germany otherwise I probably won't get in for my expensive holiday.

Are you a white person from a western country? If so, congratulations, you'll almost certainly be fine.

And there is no German-Italian border :confused:

Drone fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 17, 2015

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Jesus Christ why has no one posted German Isis bullshit videos in here yet? They're so bad (good)

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

niethan posted:

Jesus Christ why has no one posted German Isis bullshit videos in here yet? They're so bad (good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_JWysyQ9aY

yep, that's Deso Dogg.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Drone posted:

Are you a white person from a western country? If so, congratulations, you'll almost certainly be fine.

And there is no German-Italian border :confused:

There is no border check for people coming from Germany to Italy because of the schengen agreement. A border check doesn't mean the countries must physically be next to each other. A border check can occur at the airport when you fly in. There is now talk about ending schengen.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Ranter posted:

There is no german/italian border because of the schengen agreement. There is now talk about ending schengen.

I suppose you'd want to fly, so there is kinda a "border" at the airport. There is no actual border between Germany and Italy.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
this is him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cFLkGUOwcA

To the dude wanting to get into Italy illegally: you're on a list now, hth

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ranter posted:

There is no border check for people coming from Germany to Italy because of the schengen agreement. A border check doesn't mean the countries must physically be next to each other. A border check can occur at the airport when you fly in. There is now talk about ending schengen.

Don't worry, Schengen is by far the most popular part of the European integration. Everyone would rather spend a couple (million) pennies more for proper border control of the outer and inner borders, than abandon the entire thing. It's not going anywhere.

Also, since you are white middle class you would still be able to travel visa free to Italy, Schengen or not. White people with money can teleport through international borders at will. No one told you?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

waitwhatno posted:

Don't worry, Schengen is by far the most popular part of the European integration. Everyone would rather spend a couple (million) pennies more for proper border control of the outer and inner borders, than abandon the entire thing. It's not going anywhere.

The good news is Schengen works without the EU too.
Iceland, Norway and Switzerland are part; Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania aren't yet and surprise! Britain and Ireland have opt-outs but cooperate for now!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Passend zum vorigen Thema.

http://www.welt.de/icon/article148923620/Die-Wiener-Kueche-ist-radikal-eigensinnig.html

quote:

Den Wienern wird nachgesagt, dass sie ihr Essen gern schlicht zubereiten. Sie ersticken es in Mehl, ertränken es in einem Bad aus verrührten Eiern, um es anschließend mit Semmelbröseln nahezu luftdicht einzusargen. Danach werfen sie das, was sie "Aussebochanes" nennen zum "Aussebochn" in eine Pfanne mit viel Butterschmalz oder Öl. Die Wiener, so denkt man in Deutschland, panieren alles, was sich essen lässt. Nicht nur das Schnitzel, sondern auch Innereien, Gemüse, sogar Steinpilze. Richtig! Und es schmeckt!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Since we are talking about Austria and Austrians:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/geschichte-hitlers-fruehester-widersacher-1.2740828

Hitler was almost deported, being a criminal immigrant and all that, but pro-immigrant bleeding heart leftists got in the way.

immigrants, ruining Germany forever since the hunic invasion. :bahgawd:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I know this is not about Germany, and I don't really have anything to discuss, but:

quote:

Die neue Blasonierung lautet:

„Im roten Schild silbern ein bärtiger, mit Judenhut bedeckter Mannskopf.“

lol

quote:

Wegen der Gemeindezusammenlegung verlor das Wappen mit 1. Jänner 2015 seine offizielle Gültigkeit. Die Wiederverleihung erfolgte mit Wirkung vom 15. November 2015.

:shittypop:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Mein Grossvater wäre stolz auf die Beibehaltung der Tradition.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Applying to have my name legally changed to Schicklgruber, brb.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
New Youtube-channel for anyone wondering about the correct pronunciation of some of the more difficult German words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_kawlNvDUA

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

New Youtube-channel for anyone wondering about the correct pronunciation of some of the more difficult German words.

That's not how you pronounce "Lasagne". Also what? Tapetten-Lasagne? Is that Lasagne you smear on your walls?

Edit:

Oh, now I get it. That entire channel is a joke played on Non-Germans. I approve. :v:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
^ Du bist Deutschland.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Die Orásche ist die kleine Schwester der Rapefruit.

I wish they had the word ADIDAS, in the US I once got in a fight with an ADIDAS store clerk because he wouldn't believe me I have authority on how it's actually pronounced.

Also I tried listening to this on autoplay and Dieter Nuhr came up, gently caress this.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
It just dawned on me, that channel is like the German version of "Englisch für Reingefallene." Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Otto. :3:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
More importantly, it's a weak-rear end copy of an established youtube channel with the same gimmick, only now it's in German.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
It's a copy, but it's not a weak one. They even provide an example sentence!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

It just dawned on me, that channel is like the German version of "Englisch für Reingefallene." Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Otto. :3:

"poo poo loving car" = "Schönes, funkelndes Auto"

Aw man, good times :3:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
"Jules Verne's Herr der Ringe ist ein Meisterwerk der Seance-Fixion."

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Otto hat sowas schon vor Jahrzehnten gemacht.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Riso posted:

Otto hat sowas schon vor Jahrzehnten gemacht.

Riso ist wirklich ein Ewiggestriger.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So yeah, please tell me about this Böhmermann dude. Given I'm German speaking, I eventually have to run into poo poo of his via Facebook. From all I've seen, he's a terrible douche, yet people care about him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Combat Pretzel posted:

So yeah, please tell me about this Böhmermann dude. Given I'm German speaking, I eventually have to run into poo poo of his via Facebook. From all I've seen, he's a terrible douche, yet people care about him?

Yeah, he's a small pale guy everyone hates, including he himself. His TV Show (Halli-Galli Zirkus) is watched mostly by masochists and psychopaths.