Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="452956568"]
If you are going to factor in dumb poo poo into the costs of losing a fully recoverable station, how would you monetize the brain damage suffered after reading the retarded poo poo you probably say during the fleets to take back the station?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if goonfleetswarmsquadpubplatoon loses its sov how is it getting it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I find it very amusing that people preach about the Imperium being evil because we don't ascribe to the same "gameplay" style as the rest of EVE and thus are not fun to fight when "make war not fun for our enemies" as been CFC/Imperium policy for years now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if goonfleetswarmsquadpubplatoon loses its sov how is it getting it back

we paradoxically exist in both the state of being so strung out that we lose our capital system in our home region and the state of being so powerful and organized that taking sov is a trivial affair

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally just lol at the people saying "Made you deploy" like it's not the latest and most sad/pathetic incarnation of "didn't want that sov anyway".

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

If you mean whelping 15-20 man bomber gangs trying to kill unbombable T3 fleets yeah MOA seems to do okay for itself. That and the whole "we will ban you if your KB isn't green enough"

edit: MOA is literally the plat standard for retarded elite pvper's, as in they fly the most zero risk fleets and yet still find a way to lose.

Wasn't that "ban if kb isn't green" just one corp?

https://zkillboard.com/alliance/1301367357/

There's lots of red on their kb so I doubt it's an alliance wide thing. They lose lots of poorly fit ships but it seems they also regularly kill dumbos in nicer ships. Seems like a good relationship between the CFC and MoA tbh -- you trade frags and you are both happy to do so.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="452956779"]
Wasn't that "ban if kb isn't green" just one corp?

https://zkillboard.com/alliance/1301367357/

There's lots of red on their kb so I doubt it's an alliance wide thing. They lose lots of poorly fit ships but it seems they also regularly kill dumbos in nicer ships. Seems like a good relationship between the CFC and MoA tbh -- you trade frags and you are both happy to do so.

Almost all of MOA's actual kills are hunting ratters, which is about as fun and engaging as ratting itself but tbf it's funny as gently caress when MOA and others gangs get dunked by Theta and then the whining in local about blobbing starts.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

To be effective they'd have to get used to blops/tg style "in space staging" because basing entirely out of a station simply encourages us to put a few logjams in place and say "gently caress it".

You'd be shocked at how many people are seriously uncomfortable logging out without a station or at bare minimum pos around them. Even Moa isn't particularly good at this. Meanwhile I've spent more time logged out at safespots than I have in stations. I'm pretty sure Smiling is still floating in a safe in delve.

Even Moa isn't very good at this, they disappear up their own rear end when camped into station. People have tried that to us a few times only to find out the only people actually IN the station are our carrier alts and we only have to go back to grab a new ship, ammo/jump fuel/all other caches are floating in a safespot somewhere in an anchored container.

Personally, I only log out at an inn.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

Almost all of MOA's actual kills are hunting ratters, which is about as fun and engaging as ratting itself but tbf it's funny as gently caress when MOA and others gangs get dunked by Theta and then the whining in local about blobbing starts.

They are a tiny alliance living in the shadows of the largest entity in the game. Do you expect them to square up for fleet fights? No, they will skirmish in cheap disposable doctrines and pick off dumbos, stragglers, ratters, and the like. That's what anyone in their position would do. You think what they do is boring but they probably think the same thing about the orbit+f1 nature of mega fleet fights that most CFC pilots enjoy.

The whining about blobbing *is* amusing to watch tho ))

Swit
Sep 6, 2013

by Cowcaster
I did mine Ice in Cloud Ring and Outer Ring <ORE> although I lost ships and time in Syndicate <Syndicate>.
It would be nice to try again, but I may be better in Delve as Stain is closer (I used to be 1 jump away).

That is only speculative...

vodkat posted:

Someone explain to me what the hell citadels are and what is going to change when they're released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-M1iB0ffxc
EVE Vegas 2015 - EVE Online Keynote
EVE Online 58:59 Published on Oct 25, 2015

+ EVE Online: Citadel playlist
by EVE Online - 11 videos - 1,207 views - Last updated on Nov 3, 2015
The EVE Online: Citadel expansion is coming in early Spring 2016.

Published on (around) Nov 3, 2015...

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUfo2zpqA
EVE Vegas 2015 - Capitals in the EVE Online: Citadel Expansion 40:53 Published on Nov 3, 2015

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vymoCsyakRk
EVE Vegas 2015 - Structures in the EVE Online: Citadel Expansion 53:49 Published on Nov 3, 2015

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql99CcIqyMc
EVE Online: Citadel - Gallente and Minmatar Capital Force Auxiliaries (WiP) 0:23 Published on Oct 29, 2015

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qurW_oV3Y
EVE Online: Citadel - "Sickle" Class Doomsday (Work in Progress) 0:30 Published on Oct 24, 2015

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIms0J9-qSY
EVE Online: CItadel - Fighter Squadron Control Schema (Work in Progress) 0:51 Published on Oct 24, 2015

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05Bl9ELEUc
EVE Online: Citadel - Control Schema for New Fighter Squadrons (Work in Progress) 0:06 Published on Oct 24, 2015

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKHWkWUjiGMcom
EVE Online: Citadel - High Angle Weapon Battery - XL (Work in Progress) 0:15 Published on Oct 24, 2015

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXnrhcqSJhM
EVE Online: Citadel - A "Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" of a Medium Citadel (Work in Progress) 0:27 Published on Oct 24, 2015

9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCaw9CbWHA
EVE Online: Citadel - Tethering to Citadels (Work in Progress) 0:51 Published on Oct 24, 2015

10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATQJpo2rZ_U
EVE Online: Citadel - Medium Citadel Deployment (Work in Progress) 0:39 Published on Oct 24, 2015

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d345oHvTaHY
EVE Online: Citadel - Medium Citadel (Work in Progress) 0:15 Published on Oct 24, 2015

Swit fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="452957068"]
They are a tiny alliance living in the shadows of the largest entity in the game. Do you expect them to square up for fleet fights? No, they will skirmish in cheap disposable doctrines and pick off dumbos, stragglers, ratters, and the like. That's what anyone in their position would do. You think what they do is boring but they probably think the same thing about the orbit+f1 nature of mega fleet fights that most CFC pilots enjoy.

The whining about blobbing *is* amusing to watch tho ))

Most Imperial fleet doctrines are a lot more dynamic than they used it be though (although anything is more dynamic than what we used to use) and we might have ~fashion~ doctrines soon. I mean I'm not making GBS threads on MOA for what they do, I just think they are retarded because they are terrible at it 99% of the time.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Venom Snake posted:

Almost all of MOA's actual kills are hunting ratters, which is about as fun and engaging as ratting itself

:wtc: Hunting ratters is a poo poo ton of fun and hilarious when you see people crying about not being saved in time or seeing the ratting fits. Oh lord, some of those are :vince:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Venom Snake posted:

mean I'm not making GBS threads on MOA for what they do, I just think they are retarded because they are terrible at it 99% of the time.

Compared to what?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Swit posted:

I did mine Ice in Cloud Ring and Other Ring <ORE> although I lost ships and time in Syndicate <SYNDICATE>.
It would be nice to try again, by I may be better in Delve as Stain is closer (I used to be 1 jump away).

That is only speculative...

+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RUfo2zpqA
EVE Online: Citadel
by EVE Online 1/11 videos

Published on (around) Nov 3, 2015...

you are the best bot.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mpaarating posted:

:wtc: Hunting ratters is a poo poo ton of fun and hilarious when you see people crying about not being saved in time or seeing the ratting fits. Oh lord, some of those are :vince:

I find beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging, like yeah it's fun, but not in a "oh let me go out and waste HOURS doing this" kinda of way. Also people like Vic Jeff who come into Dek just to whine in local about people having the gaul to make friends/allies is kinda of sad.

just my space opinion.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mpaarating posted:

Compared to what?

literally anyone else

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

mpaarating posted:

This is absolutely true. Anyone that doesn't love dunking ratters is someone I fundamentally don't understand.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Venom Snake posted:

I find beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging, like yeah it's fun, but not in a "oh let me go out and waste HOURS doing this" kinda of way.

*Goes on 4 hours strat op in CR*

:allears:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mpaarating posted:

Yeah gently caress that when you could be camping the FD- gate

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

crew posted:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

I mean I'm not making GBS threads on MOA for what they do, I just think they are retarded because they are terrible at it 99% of the time.

Venom Snake posted:

Venom Snake posted:

I find beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging, like yeah it's fun, but not in a "oh let me go out and waste HOURS doing this" kinda of way. Also people like Vic Jeff who come into Dek just to whine in local about people having the gaul to make friends/allies is kinda of sad.

just my space opinion.

lol

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

just my space opinion.

Blowing up internet spaceships is fun, no matter what kind they are or who they are flown by. Podding people with a thrasher in high sec, killing explorers in WHs with a stratios or dropping on carrier ratters with a bunch of bombers. They are all fun and they are all people that really have no chance of saving themselves if you do it right (carriers in Dek being one of the few exceptions and even then not really).

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mpaarating posted:

Do you rat hunt with hundreds of people, because there is a difference between sitting in space alone hunting for someone else and hanging out in comms shooting the bull while hazing nerds. I mean if you want to play an MMO by yourself have at it :shrug:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

crew posted:

This, but unironically.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Blowing up internet spaceships is fun, no matter what kind they are or who they are flown by. Podding people with a thrasher in high sec, killing explorers in WHs with a stratios or dropping on carrier ratters with a bunch of bombers. They are all fun and they are all people that really have no chance of saving themselves if you do it right (carriers in Dek being one of the few exceptions and even then not really).

Thing is; I agree. I'm not making GBS threads on the way people play the game (there is a reason why I have multiple characters spread over several different things) just expressing my opinion on what I find fun and why. To me the space politics and organizing large projects is my main source of fun, although that's partially because that's what I'm decent at.

Tolstoy this is starting to get real sad

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Venom Snake posted:

Do you rat hunt with hundreds of people, because there is a difference between sitting in space alone hunting for someone else and hanging out in comms shooting the bull while hazing nerds. I mean if you want to play an MMO by yourself have at it :shrug:

you should actually try hunting ratters

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Venom Snake posted:

just expressing my opinion on what I find fun and why.

Foehammer007 posted:

But that's like, not fun man, compared to you know, like talking bull with hundreds of nerds at the same time.

(No I don't hunt ratters alone, eve is awful if played alone)

mpaarating fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 20, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foehammer007 posted:

Iv been hunted a lot before, also I was there for the time HV lost 1 billion in dictors tackling a bunch of Chimeras. Like it's not my area of expertise but I don't think it's fair to compare war operations in CR to ratter hunting.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Thing is; I agree. I'm not making GBS threads on the way people play the game (there is a reason why I have multiple characters spread over several different things) just expressing my opinion on what I find fun and why. To me the space politics and organizing large projects is my main source of fun, although that's partially because that's what I'm decent at.

I mean, it kinda seems like you are "making GBS threads on the way people play the game". [to be clear, I'm totally fine with you doing so, just not you pretending that you're not doing it when you clearly are]

Venom Snake posted:

Almost all of MOA's actual kills are hunting ratters, which is about as fun and engaging as ratting itself

Venom Snake posted:

I find beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging, like yeah it's fun, but not in a "oh let me go out and waste HOURS doing this" kinda of way.

It's almost as if you believe that Theta should limit it to only a single carrier jumping to support a tackled ratter because "beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging". The whole fun of Eve is that you can absolutely overwhelm your opponent. This isn't instanced combat. It's what I hate about WH society with the "5v5 t1 cruisers only, max 1 logi" arranged combat. There's nothing I want to do more than arrange that type of fight and then once engaged, bring 20 more people and smoke them. It's hilarious and fun to kill people like that.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The hole squad are the ones that find being an F1 drone boring? They find small pack hunting more fun?

Who else here is shocked? I mean that's like the entire reason to live in a hole. We get it you hate fleet warfare. You don't need to poo poo on everyone else that enjoys it at every opportunity. Some of y'all are just terrible human beings I swear. Nothing but piss and vinegar about everything.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also Venom Snake you suck at not being condescending when you try to defend your position.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

vyst posted:

The hole squad are the ones that find being an F1 drone boring? They find small pack hunting more fun?

Who else here is shocked? I mean that's like the entire reason to live in a hole. We get it you hate fleet warfare. You don't need to poo poo on everyone else that enjoys it at every opportunity. Some of y'all are just terrible human beings I swear. Nothing but piss and vinegar about everything.

What? I'm happy go luck all the time every time.

And who said we hated mainfleet? I'm super-psyched to get some fleet action all up in that cloud ring.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I mean, it kinda seems like you are "making GBS threads on the way people play the game". [to be clear, I'm totally fine with you doing so, just not you pretending that you're not doing it when you clearly are]

It's almost as if you believe that Theta should limit it to only a single carrier jumping to support a tackled ratter because "beating the poo poo out of people who can't fight back for extremely low effort to not be very engaging". The whole fun of Eve is that you can absolutely overwhelm your opponent. This isn't instanced combat. It's what I hate about WH society with the "5v5 t1 cruisers only, max 1 logi" arranged combat. There's nothing I want to do more than arrange that type of fight and then once engaged, bring 20 more people and smoke them. It's hilarious and fun to kill people like that.

Uh, I think we are in violent agreement here dude. But Theta has been escalated on before (OSS dropping dreads) and dunked, also hilarious losses from baiting gone wrong. I apologize if I was to aggressive in tone, but Iv been kinda embittered by the people who constantly roam Dek just to poo poo about local with grrgoons like it's a point of pride rather than just sad.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dr. Pangloss posted:

What? I'm happy go luck all the time every time.

And who said we hated mainfleet? I'm super-psyched to get some fleet action all up in that cloud ring.

you're a bad liar

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

More like just easily triggered into becoming terrible. :negative:

edit: I swear to god this thread brings out the absolute worst in me at times (every time I post)

mpaarating fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 20, 2015

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

you're a bad liar

About being happy or loving mainfleet? Because both are actually true.

mpaarating posted:

More like just easily triggered into becoming terrible. :negative:

This is truer.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

vyst posted:

Also Venom Snake you suck at not being condescending when you try to defend your position.

yeah, sorry about that I'm just kinda grumpy this morning.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Libluini posted:

I wasn't around either, but I can guess our allies back then didn't just talk about how it's impossible to win because Bob was too strong. I'd like to be proven wrong, though! Was there a lot of talk back then about how fighting against Bob isn't fun and Bob should split up to make beating them easier?

I was. I don't remember any talk about BoB should disband to make the fights more interesting, or that MC shouldn't help BoB.

There was a lot of eye rolling whenever BoB claimed that they "hired" MC, or MC claimed to be a true mercenary corp.

There was a lot of calls for BoB to stop getting Dev and GM help.

And yea, there was some talk about how fighting BoB wasn't fun. But most of us wanted to push their poo poo into their smug assholes so much that we did the not fun stuff.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you're actually bad at this game unless you pvp in groups of 3 or less without links, drugs or high grade pirate implant sets.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

you're actually bad at this game unless you pvp in groups of 3 or less without links, drugs or high grade pirate implant sets.

same but you're bad if you don't own a quarter of the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, PL wants to give up their 1.5-2t a month worth of killing all over EVE to dedicate themselves to grinding their face off against 6 regions of space defended by 40k dudes. Groups like Snuff and SC want to give up their hundreds of billions in kills to go risk their HG Slave pods to fight fleets full of Tengus and Maluses.

No one wants to fight the CFC. They're getting entirely too much content NOT fighting the CFC. No one is invading your space. No one is really invading space anywhere. Your entire coalition prided itself on weaponizing boredom and you think anyone wants to fight that? My loving sides.

EDIT:

A quick stats comparison for the uninitiated.

SMA (2nd largest CFC alliance; 5,500 members): https://zkillboard.com/alliance/679584932/stats/
Snuffed Out (Largest Low Sec Alliance; 800 members): https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99004901/stats/
Pandemic Legion (Most prevalent 0.0 Nomadic PVP group, 2,500 members): https://zkillboard.com/alliance/386292982/stats/

For 2015 SMA has averaged 4,200 kills per month @ 545b killed per month.
For 2015 BBC has averaged 6,500 kills per month @ 726b killed per month.
For 2015 PL have averaged 9,400 kills per month @ 1.6t killed per month.

Why the gently caress would the low sec dudes or PL turn to null sec sov warfare for content? Here you have alliances with significantly less members than the 2nd largest CFC alliance, and they're involved in considerably more PVP content. I honestly don't think people like the Mittani understand that most people in EVE don't care about large bloc warfare in null sec. It's a poo poo source of PVP content.

Sourcing my quote http://failheap-challenge.com/showt...l=1#post1414214

• Locked thread