Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quiggy was right about those dumb weapon damage perks being essential and it makes me even madder.

see, its a game about choice
your choices are between useless perks or double damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm playing on hard and have the best available hunting rifle wrt mods for my level and it was taking multiple sneak shots to kill raiders until I took a damage perks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kenny Logins posted:

lol if you forgot about the hilariously, outrageously buggy state that 2 shipped in

and that 1 received a late-in-the-game patch which extended the fairly counterproductive timer on your vault being invaded no matter what

also fallout 2 was bemoaned for years as being "the dumb wacky one" for having stuff like talking deathclaws

ayn rand hand job posted:

didn't jc penny do this and it turned out to be disastrous

only because they did it year round, instead of like 6 weeks tops in multiple events over the whole year

also this thanksgiving sale is definitely going to be a test for them, if it results in crappy sales they'll throw up some daily sales

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
knuc is right in that the higher difficulty levels are just bullshit. i have a +25% dmg Sniper Rifle that I use, some of the legendary weapons are really awesome.

There's already some decent mods out to, this configuration utility is a must. I've never cared once about FOV but having it 70 rather than 90 really bothered me, it also automates a bunch of little performance improvements.

I'm also using faster terminals, better generators, pipboy shadows, and lowered sprint AP drain because walking takes forever

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenny Agutter posted:

i would imagine even bethesda isnt dumb enough to implement a companion whose sole purpose is to wander away immediately, never to be seen again

that p much is what dogmeat did for me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

computer parts posted:

also fallout 2 was bemoaned for years as being "the dumb wacky one" for having stuff like talking deathclaws
nice catch

also fo1 and fo2 are probably borderline unplayable to most people now due to their intrinsic systems, leaving aside the whole hardware/widescreen issue

but i really like the franchise anyway

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quiggy was right about those dumb weapon damage perks being essential and it makes me even madder.

i mean tbf in fallout 3/nv it's p essential to dump a lot of skill points into the relevant gun skills if you're gonna rely heavily on them. they just removed important skills and every other level cool perks with every level perks, which are mixed important/cool

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i like in fallout 4 when you take a shot in VATS that's blocked by scenery because the hitboxes don't reflect the graphics but it doesn't tell you so you waste all of your action points

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lmao apparently people who preordered overwatch (why???) and didn't get into the beta weekend are demanding refunds en masse because i guess they think they're entitled to play or something

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Buncha games for less than a quid?

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/games?page=1&genres=Dollar%20Deals&sort=bestseller:recent

NecroVision was entertaining for a jank-euro-shooter, 80p.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/necrovision

I know Planetary Alliance got a bit of a slating, is there anything worthwhile in it for seventy-six english pence?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

i like in fallout 4 when you take a shot in VATS that's blocked by scenery because the hitboxes don't reflect the graphics but it doesn't tell you so you waste all of your action points

you can smash tab if you see the first shot hit scenery to at least salvage some of your AP

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
this kinda redeems fallout

http://i.imgur.com/x7eeHTM.webm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you really need to know how to make your own fun

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

detective valentine is belethor and at least some diamond city guards were shipped straight from whiterun

any other confirmed skyrim expats yet

lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I WORK FOR BELETHOR, AT THE GENERAL GOODS STORE.

Yeah I know fucko, I saved the entire world from certain doom by devouring the souls of time traveling dragons and I live down the street from you. We've met, ok?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
It is foolish to compare a 90's turn based strategy/rpg to a modern fps with rpg elements. They aren't the same games. (also fo1 and 2 are also buggy and sloppy, so if anything bethesda remains true to the legacy).

Put down the nostalgia.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

knuc is right in that the higher difficulty levels are just bullshit. i have a +25% dmg Sniper Rifle that I use, some of the legendary weapons are really awesome.

There's already some decent mods out to, this configuration utility is a must. I've never cared once about FOV but having it 70 rather than 90 really bothered me, it also automates a bunch of little performance improvements.

I'm also using faster terminals, better generators, pipboy shadows, and lowered sprint AP drain because walking takes forever

cool, so people are already makign the game playable

maybe i'll be able to buy it within the year

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

sandoz posted:

you can smash tab if you see the first shot hit scenery to at least salvage some of your AP

yeah but sometimes it's a 65% so I don't know if I've missed, and then it's too late. it's really dumb that they do Line of Sight from your head and not the gun

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
crafting food items should be a cooking mama style minigame. "pop the oozing sores on the mutant dog chop! good! now hit it with the flamer for five seconds!"

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

played some overwatch and the game seems clunky and not v. good

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

hey just fyi there's a weird crash in the silver shroud quest that's related to a whole big location, if you're having the same thing there is some info here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm remembering a lot about how to fix quests this engine. sqs -> find target -> prid -> movetoplayer fixes that one

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yeah but consoles :lol: right :(

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

crafting food items should be a cooking mama style minigame. "pop the oozing sores on the mutant dog chop! good! now hit it with the flamer for five seconds!"

better than mama!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

scamtank posted:

detective valentine is belethor and at least some diamond city guards were shipped straight from whiterun

lol
some of the worshippers of atom say "i yield!" and "don't hurt me, please! i submit!" in the same exact way as people in skyrim

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

scamtank posted:

lol

I keep hearing Garrus everywhere

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Blackula69 posted:

yeah but sometimes it's a 65% so I don't know if I've missed, and then it's too late. it's really dumb that they do Line of Sight from your head and not the gun

yeah but with the exception of the minigun you're aiming down the sights in a vats shot so the weapon is at head level anyway

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

yeah but with the exception of the minigun you're aiming down the sights in a vats shot so the weapon is at head level anyway

idk for whatever reason it's not always clear if a shot will hit the scenery or not

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Blackula69 posted:

i killed myself with the fat man this way

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Katana Gomai posted:

played some overwatch and the game seems clunky and not v. good

gimme your beta key

I played a bit of that gal with the time controls and loved it? like more scout than scout

some of the classes are for slow boring idiots though for sure

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
gonna play just to see if i can be the butt inflation lady

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
overwatch looks fun I want to play it

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

mad.radhu posted:

overwatch looks fun I want to play it

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
holy loly the girl with the mech suit is the easiest loving thing to play ever

it's like a tf2 heavy except you have to be killed twice, you have a jetpack, and a frontal shield

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Yeah just play tf2

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Is battlefront (the third game in the series) out yet? Didn't see it in the steam store front page so I assume no.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maniacdevnull posted:

Is battlefront (the third game in the series) out yet? Didn't see it in the steam store front page so I assume no.

its an ea game, if you wanna play the pc version you have to use origin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

maniacdevnull posted:

ea isn't using steam anymore

mostly

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

its an ea game, if you wanna play the pc version you have to use origin

I don't follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

maniacdevnull posted:

I don't follow.
ea, in their biggest boneheaded move since they said "let's fund bioware", decided that they hate the concept of making money

• Locked thread