Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
I'm setting up a few rounds of X-Wing that I'm patterning off the Fighter Squadron mode in Battlefront. X-wings, A-wings, TIE Fighters, and TIE Interceptors as the main players, with the option to pull an Aluminum Falcon or Slave 1 after the first couple rounds. Restricting to torpedoes, missiles, pilot talents, titles, and modifications for upgrades. Thinking about putting markers on the map for health restores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cobbsprite posted:

I'm setting up a few rounds of X-Wing that I'm patterning off the Fighter Squadron mode in Battlefront. X-wings, A-wings, TIE Fighters, and TIE Interceptors as the main players, with the option to pull an Aluminum Falcon or Slave 1 after the first couple rounds. Restricting to torpedoes, missiles, pilot talents, titles, and modifications for upgrades. Thinking about putting markers on the map for health restores.

Look up "Furball" and "Hunger Games" variants.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Look up "Furball" and "Hunger Games" variants.

Not really applicable, since it's just two of us playing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTVSuD-MUrc

These guys are great. I'm 5 minutes in and my favorite part is the two TIE-F/Os, both with Experimental Interface and nothing else.

These guys make the game seem so complicated and dense with rules with how often they gently caress poo poo up.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cobbsprite posted:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
My favorite is the wobbly camera showing tiny sections of the board constantly.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

in honor of the thread title i saw this on one of the xwing painting/mod groups on FB.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Dukes of Kihraxz County.

Also, I really like that YV-666 repaint.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So the General Lee, the A-Team van, and...what's the Starviper supposed to be?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo, I didn't even realize the YV-666 is painted like the A-Team van. :allears:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

So the General Lee, the A-Team van, and...what's the Starviper supposed to be?

Oh, well spotted! Totally didn't click that the 666 is the A-Team van :allears:

EDIT: Beaten - that'll teach me for not refreshing

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Blue Thunder! That's the show I was struggling to remember. I think that's what the Starviper's meant to be.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'll give the general lee a pass due to theme.

This time....

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
All my spaceships came in and I spent the evening organizing everything. Pretty miffed that the cards don't fit in the case, damnit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
FFG just needs to set up a deal with Plano already.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Miniatures-Game-Worlds-2015-top-16-dice-/221944773519?hash=item33acf07b8f:g:71EAAOSw6dNWTREu

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those are some drat ugly dice.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Blue Thunder! That's the show I was struggling to remember. I think that's what the Starviper's meant to be.

Thaaat's the one! I'm surprised I remember it after you mention the name, given I've probably only seen like, one ep years ago, or something.

Endman posted:

Those are some drat ugly dice.

And $56 shipping (to Aus, at least), too! Boy they're really going all-out on the price-gouging, here. I somehow doubt anyone would be stupid enough to place a bid on those or - heaven forbid - take the 'buy it now' price of $700

EDIT: To add some degree of relevance/purpose to my post, I never really took Dark Curse all that seriously until last night. I used a slightly-modified version of my BAA list on the last page, and although I was able to alpha-strike most of the opposing list (Firespray (Krassis?), Dark Curse and two Alpha Squadron pilots) into oblivion, DC out-lived everyone else on their list, just because I couldn't use focus tokens to aid the two A-Wings' pitiful 2d attacks, making DC surprisingly resilient. I still won, but Dark Curse has now earned my respect, and will be considered more-or-less equal to Backstabber in my books

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 20, 2015

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Six TIE Fighters and Colzet against a Decimater and four TIEs. They played around a 2.5 hour game. Colzet won in the end but it took a lot of effort.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whered you get those asteroids

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Major Isoor posted:

EDIT: To add some degree of relevance/purpose to my post, I never really took Dark Curse all that seriously until last night. I used a slightly-modified version of my BAA list on the last page, and although I was able to alpha-strike most of the opposing list (Firespray (Krassis?), Dark Curse and two Alpha Squadron pilots) into oblivion, DC out-lived everyone else on their list, just because I couldn't use focus tokens to aid the two A-Wings' pitiful 2d attacks, making DC surprisingly resilient. I still won, but Dark Curse has now earned my respect, and will be considered more-or-less equal to Backstabber in my books

That's better than my Dark Curse story. A while back I was big into running a Scum list that was generally some variation on Kavil and Palob Godalhi, both with Blaster Turrets. Well one time I went against a guy playing Imperials using a Decimator + a few TIEs and one of those was Dark Curse.

So it's a real slugfest, the Decimator and Kavil are exchanging mondo turret fire and...I think I was using Guri as well? Anyway, long story short is that I kill the Decimator but he brings Kavil and Guri down, and near the end of the game there are two ships left, a damaged Dark Curse and Palob. Okay, well that's not so bad right? Yeah, a HWK is a lovely ship but it's got a turret, right? Should be cake.

Except. Except Palob was using a Blaster Turret, and Blaster Turrets require you to spend a focus to attack with them.

Cue 20 minutes of a HWK chasing a wounded TIE Fighter around the mat trying to shoot it down with a single red die at a time. I'm still not entirely sure how I actually wound up finally destroying him, as in retrospect if he'd simply used all his actions to evade he could have guaranteed his immunity from me no matter what I rolled...I think I might have nailed him while he was stressed. I do remember that I essentially had to force him to keep rolling until he finally rolled all blanks.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
FAQ update from a while ago: spending focus to make attacks occurred before the target is considered the defender. Dark Curse does not prevent Blaster Turrets from firing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

Whered you get those asteroids

They're not mine but I'll try to find out!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

FAQ update from a while ago: spending focus to make attacks occurred before the target is considered the defender. Dark Curse does not prevent Blaster Turrets from firing.

That's the exact opposite of what the FAQ states:

"Dark Curse cannot be the target of a secondary weapon attack that requires a focus token to be spent."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Check the new rules reference that came in the new core set. It's pretty explicit that you spend those tokens before he's considered the defender.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
That's a direct quote from the current FAQ dude, which is from the new core.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

The Gate posted:

That's the exact opposite of what the FAQ states:

"Dark Curse cannot be the target of a secondary weapon attack that requires a focus token to be spent."

Actually THAT is the exact opposite of what the FAQ states:

quote:

“Dark Curse” can be the target of a secondary
weapon attack that requires the attacker to
spend a focus token

E:

Tequila Ranger fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 20, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Assault Carrier Preview

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I want one just so I can do a Tokyo drift through an enemy formation and drop Tie Fighters in my wake.

The fact you can make it a missile boat and ionize things to make that easier is just amazing.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Tequila Ranger posted:

Actually THAT is the exact opposite of what the FAQ states:

E:

Well poo poo. Did they release a third FAQ update since the core dropped?

Edit: apparently yes. Version 323 now.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Finally; ordnance redeemed :v:

I'm sad that there's no way to get a target lock on the Rebel Transport (without spending the modification slot on a Targeting Computer) to turn it into a missile barge though.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

This article doesn't even dwell on the fact that you can carry a load of TIEs and buttlaunch them into the enemy's cornhole at will.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
There's been a lot of anal-centric metaphors in the Traditional Games subforum lately.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

BattleMaster posted:

I'm sad that there's no way to get a target lock on the Rebel Transport (without spending the modification slot on a Targeting Computer) to turn it into a missile barge though.

Wait, how does this work with missiles and torps that require a focus to fire?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, how does this work with missiles and torps that require a focus to fire?

If you could fire prockets from a huge ship, it would be a 2 red attack, so it's not exactly a loss that you can't.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I'm looking forward to that swap-torps-for-bombs card leading to hilarity.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Cobbsprite posted:

This article doesn't even dwell on the fact that you can carry a load of TIEs and buttlaunch them into the enemy's cornhole at will.

Do they fit inside?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

BattleMaster posted:

There is. The new Thread Tracers missile.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Madurai posted:

I'm looking forward to that swap-torps-for-bombs card leading to hilarity.

If you're talking about Bomb Loadout then sadly that's a Y-Wing Only upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

If you're talking about Bomb Loadout then sadly that's a Y-Wing Only upgrade.

drat, there go my dreams of rolling depth charge patterns against submerged Phantoms.

• Locked thread