Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Justice bullets

Rubber bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

abagofcheetos posted:

In Yakuza 4 there is a side mission where a guy is threatening to jump off a building, and of course you have to beat the hell out of him in order to change his mind. Well I went into that fight with a full heat meter, and immediately performed a heat action. It was the one where you throw them off the building.

I REALLY wish I had a video of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14mzSUTFB7A

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

At least in Zero, he has definite scruples about killing which are central to the plot. His wild man act appears to be just that, at least in that sense. And of course, we know the ridiculous hoops the story jumped through when it comes to Saejima.

These are all such nice yakuza.

A common theme in Yakuza is the player character is the "killer" when they never pulled the trigger. Majima only would kill those who earned his respect. The weaklings get to live as cripples.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I love Yakuza.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

abagofcheetos posted:

I love Yakuza.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yakuza 5 side-activities preview.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'd like to play those side activities, if you guys know what I mean.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I peacocked your side activities.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh god, that akiyama photo is killing me.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just announced at a PlayStation Korea press conference: There will be a Korean localized version of Yakuza Kiwami for Korea.

Source is this archived stream

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 4, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yechezkel posted:

Just announced at a PlayStation Korea press conference: There will be a Korean localized version of Yakuza Kiwami for Korea.
Normally, Koreans have to make do with Japanese or English versions, right?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Yechezkel posted:

I'm waiting for them to announce a FIGS version for Europe. No English though; not enough demand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's it, I'm convinced this game doesn't actually even exist and this is all some cruel joke. Gio Corsi, destroyer of hope, more like!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Considering how nationalistic this game is, is it even popular in Korea? Or is it another signature "SEGA decision".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's another stream tomorrow at 11:30 AM PST.
http://www.twitch.tv/sega
I think it's a Haruka then a Saejima section.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Combat preview.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Stream's about to start up, Sega's in the chat.

EDIT: We're live.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 6, 2015

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I turn it on and Kazuma (I assume) is dressed as Santa Claus. Amazing.

edit: its Saejima even better

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 6, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's weird to hear "preview" used to describe stuff about a three year old game,

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Is there a date for the release yet, or is it still "Mid-November"

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

HGH posted:

Stream's about to start up, Sega's in the chat.

EDIT: We're live.

Archive on YouTube if anyone missed it.

Arcella posted:

Nothing confirmed yet.
I'm still hoping for a December release for it to get away from all the big releases this month.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Arcella posted:

Sega mentioned it coming out this month if they overcome some major bugs in a blog post, then immediately took that reference down so it's still up in the air. Probably November or December.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I gotta hand it to Sega this one time, even though there's no release yet I kind of appreciate them streaming the game and showing it off liks this.

It gives me hope for other Yakuza games in the States but I won't get too excited for all that yet.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they did say the release of future titles doesn't hinge on the sales of this one or anything like that

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

acai moonsault posted:

they did say the release of future titles doesn't hinge on the sales of this one or anything like that

When did they say this? Because this makes me worried that it's just going to be "Regardless of how well this sells, we won't release the future games."

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
With how enthusiastic the guys streaming are, it makes me a bit more hopeful about maybe more games coming west.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
it was kinda funny how the PR guy in that twitch video didn't remember the name of some characters like "and his right here is... uhh... uhhh... ah yeah Akiyama"

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Now that 5 is coming, I hunted down copies of Yakuza 1 and 2 so I could finally play the series start to finish. 1 was good but definitely rough around the edges, 2 on the other hand was amazing, so many cool Kazuma moments. Also Goro Majima has always been a favorite of mine and his parts in 2 basically solidified that. Always a shame this series doesn't get more love, I think it's just too much manliness for some people.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yakuza Kiwami boxart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Hey Sega, there's some Roman characters on that box art. May as well finish the job and make the game in English.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Yechezkel posted:

Yakuza Kiwami boxart.

That must have taken an intern almost ten minutes to make.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of Kiwami, here's some scans to torture you with:

Well actually that was just an excuse to post Majima.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ONU9UavZtE

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 20, 2015

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

HGH posted:

Speaking of Kiwami, here's some scans to torture you with:

Well actually that was just an excuse to post Majima.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ONU9UavZtE

Game looks so good, I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

Jamesman posted:

Game looks so good, I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

loving sold.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Beanzor posted:

loving sold.

Sony? Are you listening?

Based on this picture alone, I will buy a PS4 if you localize Kiwami.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

Yakuza Kiwami boxart.

I'm extremely hyped up about this game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Okay Monkey's Paw wish, if you could only get one localised, Yakuza Kisami or Yakuza Zero

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Okay Monkey's Paw wish, if you could only get one localised, Yakuza Kisami or Yakuza Zero

I don't appreciate you.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
OK, I've preordered Ultimate Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What's the ironic negative consequence of each?

• Locked thread