Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

tower time posted:

Even by greasy spoon standards the kraft single melted lazily onto the hashbrown is pretty unappealing in appearance.

You fix that by adding in onions, jalapenos, mushrooms, and chili if you're tanners.

it's only missing a patty melt, solid diner coffee and 2 pecan waffles covered in syrup and diner butter. and then you go home and sleep instead of class because youve been at this wafflehouse since 4am what is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Tanners posted:

Yeah at 60 dual wield is the way to go. 2h is better for leveling for a variety of reasons though.

yeah, looks like I'm going to have to wisely select quest rewards starting around now. There are some leather and mail quest rewards with hit on them that are pretty much required.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

CommaToes posted:

yeah, looks like I'm going to have to wisely select quest rewards starting around now. There are some leather and mail quest rewards with hit on them that are pretty much required.

Voones Vice grip from LBRS is the only one that comes to mind really, and those leather shoulders from the Bael'gar quest

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Noah posted:

You fix that by adding in onions, jalapenos, mushrooms, and chili if you're tanners.

it's only missing a patty melt, solid diner coffee and 2 pecan waffles covered in syrup and diner butter. and then you go home and sleep instead of class because youve been at this wafflehouse since 4am what is wrong with you

Free wifi. Gotta get that oldschool WoW fix somehow.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
It's raining not snowing in Dun Morogh this is a bad start.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

homebrand posted:

It's raining not snowing in Dun Morogh this is a bad start.

Global warming caused by inferior gnomish technology. Where do you think that pollution billowing out of gnomergan goes??

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
Truly the world needs heroes. In as Stoutshady the priest.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

CommaToes posted:

The only quest rewards you need to worry about for bis purposes are the dps neck from the Tirion chain in EPL (I think the quest is called "In Dreams"), the belt from the LBRS quest part of Ony attunement (I am horde so dont know if you get different stuff as alliance), and the 2% Crit Trinket also from the Ony attunement chain.

Here is my guy if you want to see what kind of gear you should be going for: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NBE&player=Kumbo

I am missing the quest necklace from Tirion since I took the tanking chest and I need the cape from Baron in UD Strat, but everything else is BiS not counting item sets. I am probably going to be replacing my chest/legs/boots in a few days with the Black Dragonscale set, since it would bump me up from 8% to 9% Hit and give about 30 more AP.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I do know that the Thrash Blade is babby's first offhand for level 60.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Someone made a guild for city bank chars, hell ya vanilla!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have a million other things that I could be playing right now, why am I downloading this decade-old, tremendous waste of time?

Anyway, in as Rhodes the Mage shortly.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

exquisite tea posted:

I have a million other things that I could be playing right now, why am I downloading this decade-old, tremendous waste of time?

I think I recognize you also from the running thread. I do it because I need to sit down once in a while (okay sometimes for hours at a time!)

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Yes I'm still playing a warlock, why do you ask :shepface:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

exquisite tea posted:

As someone who felt the same way 2 weeks ago, I'm currently level 37 and looking forward to playing every day. Vanilla WoW really has some dumb intangible charm to it, once you get some of the more important addons at least.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Desmond posted:

I think I recognize you also from the running thread. I do it because I need to sit down once in a while (okay sometimes for hours at a time!)

There's something about the way WoW helps to pass the time that's essential for preventing me from eating everything in the house in between runs.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Nicholacci get off my birds.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

exquisite tea posted:

There's something about the way WoW helps to pass the time that's essential for preventing me from eating everything in the house in between runs.

Yeah, this is always a plus.

I finally got that superior mana potion recipe in Darnassus. I camped that thing for 3 days and was beginning to think it'd never spawn. So happy that tonight I can actually play a few hours.

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011

I don't know how this will go, but I want my stupid ring.

Edit:

I think I went overboard on the consumables.

Asclepius fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 25, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Tanners fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 25, 2015

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
which of the nostalrius servers have a stronger goon prezz?

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Probably alliance PVE right now, on a busy night we hit 20 or so people on.

InputDV
Apr 8, 2005

Goon guild on PVP server is 90% pubbies who were invited by the pubbies in the guild, if you just take into consideration people that are active. Also looking for an invite for Wildcard. I always seem to whisper whoever is afk and don't get a reply...

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

For any interested parties, last night's MC was about as successful as could be hoped for. A Few Good Men had 29 people, and we had 6. We downed 5 bosses in a bit more than 3 hours with about 4 wipes in total through the instance. 4 of those were first-time kills for the guilds.

Niliah won a t1 belt, and amanduh won a t1 helm. We continue and try for golemmag/sulfuron/domo Sunday at 6pm PST.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I was checking out the site and they have the PvE road map up. https://en.nostalrius.org/timeline

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=27330

I loving love that bit of the nostalrius forum

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

InputDV posted:

Goon guild on PVP server is 90% pubbies who were invited by the pubbies in the guild, if you just take into consideration people that are active. Also looking for an invite for Wildcard. I always seem to whisper whoever is afk and don't get a reply...

We'll get you invited. Also sorry about the guild pvp side - had there been some activity i likely would have stayed, but the PVE server has delivered that experience where PVP couldn't.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'm going to churn through my rested exp over the weekend and maybe get a handle on my 40's. If anyone is up for a ZF run sometime on Saturday we could have a whale of a time.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

CommaToes posted:

I'm going to churn through my rested exp over the weekend and maybe get a handle on my 40's. If anyone is up for a ZF run sometime on Saturday we could have a whale of a time.

I too have been busy as fook leading up to this weekend. Hope to have Pratchett back out and about to burn some rest XP soon.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
Holiday travel got me wishing wow was on mobile.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
Ali and Ano have some vacation time -- I assume ED is dead and nost still has whats left?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
In as Presbutan. Now I remember why I never rolled night elf.

Tolwyn
Jun 13, 2001

InputDV posted:

It really isn't 90% pubbies, and it's a lot of friends of goons and people who were specifically invited. "Pubbies" can't invite anyway so your theory is wrong.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Mourne posted:

Ali and Ano have some vacation time -- I assume ED is dead and nost still has whats left?

ED is looong loving dead. I logged in a few days ago and there were less than ten people online.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

black1abel posted:

ED is looong loving dead. I logged in a few days ago and there were less than ten people online.

holy poo poo really

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I wonder if my casual, employed rear end could be ready for BWL

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Silver Alicorn posted:

I wonder if my casual, employed rear end could be ready for BWL

The PvE server won't get BWL until May so you have a lot of time.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
Anyone left from ED LGW still playing on Nost either PVP or PVE? Any goon guilds established? If so what server and what faction?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mourne posted:

Anyone left from ED LGW still playing on Nost either PVP or PVE? Any goon guilds established? If so what server and what faction?

I fondly remember ED LGW, and we've got a guild going on either server. On the PvE one, we're <Gelkis Alliance>. Come say hello :)

EDIT: Other LGW goons, off the top of my head only Tanners comes to mind, but I'm sure I'm missing at least 3-4 because I'm a terrible person.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I believe there's more lgw guys on the pve because I think some of them went alliance on pvp.

Khako fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Khako posted:

I believe there's more lgw guys on the pve because I think they went alliance on pvp.

We're on Alliance on the PvE server. I should have mentioned that :downs:

The main goon guild on the PvP server is on Horde, named <Blood and Tsundere>.

But, without any personal interest or stake in this, I'd recommend the PvE server. 100% objectively speaking, I am a completely detached party. :v:

• Locked thread