Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
If a mosque sends hundreds of individuals to fight for ISIL and inspires radicalization, shouldn't it be shut down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. should have shut down the Southern Baptist Convention after the Civil War.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
liberty measles

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
freedom blankets

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My Imaginary GF posted:

If a mosque sends hundreds of individuals to fight for ISIL and inspires radicalization, shouldn't it be shut down?

RTS tactics aren't actually applicable to the real world.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

you must spawn more grand muftis

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

Here is a hint for you, friend: This does not happen anywhere except your deranged fantasies

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

There should be something like Dwarf Fortress, but with a mosque.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

mike12345 posted:

There should be something like Dwarf Fortress, but with a mosque.

The only mosque in my neighborhood had bars installed over its windows ~2004 so I think Moslem Fortress is pretty much reality. :smith:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

My Imaginary GF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ejn9kAFNvk

Absolutely.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

Here is a hint for you, friend: This does not happen anywhere except your deranged fantasies

Happens all the time in KSA.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I didn't vote last election but Trump gave me reason to

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Okay, if you say so. time to bomb Saudi Arabia.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The stuff about Muslims and Mexicans is bad, but isn't a direct concern to me since I and most of my friends are white.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure which is better: the bernouts becoming increasingly unstable as Hillary appears more and more inevitable or goons getting hysterical because of Trump. Is that why so many here discount his chances - because the thought of him winning is simply too much to handle?

I mean comparing your political rivals to hitler, really original stuff here. It's the lefts version of claiming that every democrat that runs is to the left of marx.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

I'm not sure which is better: the bernouts becoming increasingly unstable as Hillary appears more and more inevitable or goons getting hysterical because of Trump. Is that why so many here discount his chances - because the thought of him winning is simply too much to handle?

I mean comparing your political rivals to hitler, really original stuff here. It's the lefts version of claiming that every democrat that runs is to the left of marx.

With Trump it's not just Godwin's law, he really does have the hyper-charisma, nativism and populism of a dictator.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Also having his name on a million things seems like a precursor to a cult of personality.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nah but you see they're not yellow stars they're golden starbursts,

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Gold stars for trump

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Jewel Repetition posted:

With Trump it's not just Godwin's law, he really does have the hyper-charisma, nativism and populism of a dictator.

You know who else kept spouting this rhetoric in 2008 about a particular individual and how well it worked out for them? Yeah...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

If registering a particular religion into a database and then demanding that their places of worship be shut down and all adherents publicly branded doesn't warrant comparisons to Nazism then nothing does I guess.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If registering a particular religion into a database and then demanding that their places of worship be shut down and all adherents publicly branded doesn't warrant comparisons to Nazism then nothing does I guess.

The NSA is already doing this, HTH.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If that was happening, you might be on your way to establishing a point.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

my solution to the isis conflict is just to send in a shitton of planes containing engineers, take over all their buildings, and sell them. boom, instant win

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

If that was happening, you might be on your way to establishing a point.

it's not happening because trump isn't becoming president hth

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

point of return posted:

it's not happening because trump isn't becoming president hth

go to h*ll !!!!

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

what i think would be even more amazing is if he used all this MUSLIMS BAD rhetoric to win the nomination and then somehow went on to win the general, and then it turns out the first term of the trump presidency had at worst a benign indifference to immigration and immigrants and it turned out all the MEXICO WILL PAY FOR A WALL stuff was just the usual campaign promises a candidate uses to rile people up to get out and vote

can you imagine how pissed the base would be? i wonder if they would go thru the same disappointment cycle that many people did with obama, where they keep making more and greater 7th dimensional chess excuses for why he hasn't done the things he campaigned on yet, or if they would actually turn their back on him

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

point of return posted:

my solution to the isis conflict is just to send in a shitton of planes containing engineers, take over all their buildings, and sell them. boom, instant win

I thought we house ruled that out because it's such a cheap tactic. Same with attacking their spice harvesters.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Immortan posted:

You know who else kept spouting this rhetoric in 2008 about a particular individual and how well it worked out for them? Yeah...

I'm not sure what you're referencing, actually.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm not sure what you're referencing, actually.

That's because you're stupid.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Immortan posted:

Was it in the Republican primary? I only paid attention to the Democratic one in 2008.

Either way I'm not saying Trump has fascist characteristics as an attempt to take him down. I want him to get the nomination. I'm just saying it because it's an accurate description.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I found Trumps ideal runningmate:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Dan'l Quayle

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Donald Trump, after losing the election to president Clinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2nEXHvzwW4

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Immortan posted:

nuh uh, no, YOU're stupid

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Trump pulling late September numbers and benefiting immensely from Carson's drastic decline.

:getin:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Immortan posted:

Obama wasn't very nativist.

• Locked thread