Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Azhais posted:

Thus far anyway I've not seen any indication that player cybernetics are a thing. Not in Fo3 either that I can recall. FO2 and FONV both had them, but Bethesda must be a conscientious objector

I'm betting high money one of the first DLCs will be about cybernetic enhancements.

That or a mod will do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Kinda surprised me that F4 didn't have some kind of transmogrification system. People would eat that poo poo up.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PantsBandit posted:

The Railroad gave me a Tactical Sweater Vest but it takes up my entire upper body and has a terrible armor rating!

Dammit Bethesda why do you make me choose between being protected and looking fly?!

Check out Tinker Tom's inventory now, he should have some new, fun stuff.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Added compatibility patches for Better Item Sorting (both Full and Lite versions); added a new German translation; updated the French translation to Beta3. Plan is to add at least one new translation every day. Either Polish or Italian is up next, can't remember which.

Maybe I can play the actual game some this weekend.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

The Railroad gave me a Tactical Sweater Vest but it takes up my entire upper body and has a terrible armor rating!

Dammit Bethesda why do you make me choose between being protected and looking fly?!

Go get another sweater vest. They look identical and you can now, thanks to Tinker Tom, add ballistic weave to it. Ballistic weave mk. 5 adds like 100 damage/energy resistance.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo, they actually modeled and crafted a full Chinese Submarine. It isn't just some one compartment little poo poo either, they even have a picture map of it on the wall in every section of it as well. Now I gotta get a mod going to have a Sub home that can move anywhere on the coast.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Dear god Bethesda makes such stupid games.

"Some assholes are stealing our crops. Can you go take them out?"
"Okay, sure"

I then proceed to steal all their crops myself and nobody bats an eyelid.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll get a picture of my dude next time I'm on, but it's fun how in the course of one dungeon (a middle school, even) I went from scraps of metal here and there all over my body to that.

e: I need a mod to be able to smoke cigars and it'd be perfect really.

loving Trashcan Carla lights up a cigarette every now and then, so this stuff is already in the game. Boo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Iceshade posted:

loving Trashcan Carla lights up a cigarette every now and then, so this stuff is already in the game. Boo.

I saw Piper light one up in Railroad HQ the other night and go stand next to another NPC who was already smoking.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Piper smokes all the time when idle, but she seems to be the only companion that does so.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Thought I had this cramped-rear end factory cleared out when I walk around a corner and straight into a legendary Glowing One. With no crits banked.

That was a lot of panicked shotty firing, I don't mind telling you.

It dropped this:
So the gun that does pure radiation damage ignores 30% of physical and energy resistance. Lovely.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Melanion posted:

Thought I had this cramped-rear end factory cleared out when I walk around a corner and straight into a legendary Glowing One. With no crits banked.

It dropped this:
So the gun that does pure radiation damage ignores 30% of physical and energy resistance. Lovely.

Just got the same mod, but as a Combat Rifle. Im cool with that :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think Deathclaw steaks might be bugged. It says it adds +10 to melee damage (or +10% I forget). Then I looked at my pipe wrench which apparently went from like 20 damage to 186.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ddraig posted:

Dear god Bethesda makes such stupid games.

"Some assholes are stealing our crops. Can you go take them out?"
"Okay, sure"

I then proceed to steal all their crops myself and nobody bats an eyelid.

I think they probably have a guy that points that out then another better guy that has just a job of saying "yeah, but would it actually be more fun if we decided everything on making a real life simulator", it is probably just a lot better to let players take whatever dumb low value crop and not worry about it being realistic. almost none of the crops anywhere in the game are marked as owned.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Melanion posted:

It dropped this:

you can mod it to do electrical damage.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Hammerstein posted:

The big foundation lego blocks are great for watch towers (drat, I wanna get attacked more).

The thumbnail made me think of the concrete walls and barbed wire around a prison.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Inverness posted:

The thumbnail made me think of the concrete walls and barbed wire around a prison.

Is there any way to deal with the big puddle of highly irradiated water at the drive in settlement short of just building a big wall around it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This guy was really funny until I read his notes and realized why he was so hosed up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

PantsBandit posted:

Is there any way to deal with the big puddle of highly irradiated water at the drive in settlement short of just building a big wall around it?

Remove the barrels you dummy.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tenzarin posted:

Remove the barrels you dummy.

oh that makes sense I guess :downs:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No keep the barrels and put your settlements water purifier right on top of them.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

efb

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Internet Kraken posted:

No keep the barrels and put your settlements water purifier right on top of them.

You can purify it with the barrels still there? I think the rads only comes from the barrels.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

I really love you can put a bigass industrial water purifier down in that lovely little puddle and it counts.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The flamer is weak as hell in this game. I have a maxed out one and maxed big guns and all it's good for is trash mobs of low-level mirelurks or ferals. Maybe a good mod could salvage it though, like bleeding or explosive, although that would be playing on the razor's edge with the short range.

So far the only legendary item I've really benefited from is my bugslayer combat shotgun, it got me through a lot of hairy mirelurk encounters early on. At this point I can kill a queen with 5 shots to the legs with it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Filthy Hans posted:

The flamer is weak as hell in this game. I have a maxed out one and maxed big guns and all it's good for is trash mobs of low-level mirelurks or ferals. Maybe a good mod could salvage it though, like bleeding or explosive, although that would be playing on the razor's edge with the short range.

So far the only legendary item I've really benefited from is my bugslayer combat shotgun, it got me through a lot of hairy mirelurk encounters early on. At this point I can kill a queen with 5 shots to the legs with it.

I maxed big guns out also. The mini gun feels so weak after that first quest where they give you one.

Even the minigun with 15 fire damage still doesn't do enough damage.

Laser minigun is decent since if you did alot of exploring and you have like 50 fusion cores. Each clip is a fusion core for 500 ammo. So if you got a shitload stored thats like 25000 shots.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Iceshade posted:

Just.. look at it :3: :allears:

I had a Mr. Handy and Mr Gutsy model on my drawers in my house but when I went back they'd disappeared.

There's a thief in Sanctuary. I'm gonna find them and I'm gonna kill them.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tenzarin posted:

I maxed big guns out also. The mini gun feels so weak after that first quest where they give you one.

A gun they hand you in the first 25 minutes of the game was unlikely to be one of the better weapons in that game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RBA Starblade posted:

I really love you can put a bigass industrial water purifier down in that lovely little puddle and it counts.

Well, presumably water's pooling there when it rains or maybe upwelling from some aquifer.

What really gets me is Somerville Place. The swamp is RIGHT THERE and yet the buildable area ends two feet before it. Drag your workshop to the other side of your house or something, man!

Also is there any way to scrap or otherwise enter that boarded-up house in the Jamaica Plain settlement area?

Also! If you've cleared out Fort Independence and Preston seems to have forgotten he's a companion of yours, this might be due to faulty scripting setting him non-recruitable during the raid and not going off afterward. PC people, this fix worked for me. Console people... sorry.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I think I've broken the main quest :toot:

I'm doing Underground Undercover, and my current objective is to keep working with father, except that the only quest remaining for them is synth retention, which involves an NPC that I already killed and won't advance :toot:

You might want to avoid clearing libertalia until a quest sends you there

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Tenzarin posted:

You can purify it with the barrels still there? I think the rads only comes from the barrels.

The rads only come from the barrels, but even with the barrels there the purifier still works and makes purified water. I'd have kept it for thematic humor but you take the rads even in workshop mode and it made everything really hard to deal with when building stuff.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The Goatfather posted:

I think I've broken the main quest :toot:

I'm doing Underground Undercover, and my current objective is to keep working with father, except that the only quest remaining for them is synth retention, which involves an NPC that I already killed and won't advance :toot:

You might want to avoid clearing libertalia until a quest sends you there

That specific NPC shouldn't spawn until you have that quest. I went and cleared the place out earlier as well, and there was a named guy at the top, but it was not the same guy as was required for the quest I got later.
Have you been to the very top of the place? There's a trapdoor you can climb up in the upper room.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

You have to scrap the nearby car as well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

A gun they hand you in the first 25 minutes of the game was unlikely to be one of the better weapons in that game.

There's only the mini gun and laser mini gun, there are no more miniguns.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So a few days ago I was walking through the Commonwealth, and found myself in a gunfight between twins. So I picked a guy to shoot, and luckily I shot the one who was a synth, saving the poor dude from getting replaced by the Institute. Today, I rested in Bunker Hill and come morning, I walk out of the motel to be shot at by the same dude.

Or so I thought. This one had synth parts as well. Guess the Institute got him after all :(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

That specific NPC shouldn't spawn until you have that quest. I went and cleared the place out earlier as well, and there was a named guy at the top, but it was not the same guy as was required for the quest I got later.
Have you been to the very top of the place? There's a trapdoor you can climb up in the upper room.

it leads me to the captain's quarters and then there's nobody there and no pip on the compass

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Someone on the Fallout mods subreddit mentioned that pre-Creation Kit mods are risky and can gently caress your save files up in the long run for some reason or another (something about the way they're compiled?). They're basing this off of experiences from Skyrim's pre-Creation Kit era. Can anyone attest to this? There are some cool mods out, but I don't want my save game to eat poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got a Plasma Gun with the double shot trait. 4/5 Commando perks and each shot does 108 Ballistic and 108 Energy damage with a RoF of 120+ :black101:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Frankston posted:

I had a Mr. Handy and Mr Gutsy model on my drawers in my house but when I went back they'd disappeared.

There's a thief in Sanctuary. I'm gonna find them and I'm gonna kill them.

If you're going to put stuff in your house you should know there is a non-zero chance anytime you load that zone that any items placed will freak out and shoot into space/fall through the floor/clip into some other geometry.

Your models are probably in low-orbit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

The Goatfather posted:

it leads me to the captain's quarters and then there's nobody there and no pip on the compass

Look up, there is a hatch in the ceiling leader to the guy on top!

• Locked thread