Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

basically every single semiauto in the game needs its ttk reduced, the sheiva is loving AWFUL to play against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rei_ posted:

basically every single semiauto in the game needs its ttk reduced, the sheiva is loving AWFUL to play against

So... the Sheiva? :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its cool being the one guy who tends to play the objective the most and being dead last cause this stupid loving, lovely worthless piece of poo poo series still prioritizes kills above all else.

Why even bother with gametypes, just have TDM, that's it, just one list TDM, TDM with letters on flags, TDM with flags, TDM with a big box and a bomb, TDM where shiny things show whenever you kill someone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Its cool being the one guy who tends to play the objective the most and being dead last cause this stupid loving, lovely worthless piece of poo poo series still prioritizes kills above all else.

Why even bother with gametypes, just have TDM, that's it, just one list TDM, TDM with letters on flags, TDM with flags, TDM with a big box and a bomb, TDM where shiny things show whenever you kill someone.

You forgot TDM basketball and TDM except no teams.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Alteisen posted:

I can't play DOM without a goon group, it's stupid

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Are there any PS4 groups going, or a community I can get an invite to? PSN: SPZX

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Meta Ridley posted:

Do hitmarkers even mean anything? I thought it was an ack from the server that a shot was hit and registered. I just had a time where it took 6 hitmarkers with a P-06 to kill, and many other times where I get too many hitmarkers for the weapon/range/damage but no kill. Seems like a new bug with BLOPS3 netcode since I never had this in BLOPS2 (where my bullets were sometimes made of air, but if I got a hitmarker it was a real hitmarker). BLOPS1 had the bug with instakill hitmarkers not killing like sniper/tomahawk/knife but I think they fixed that.

As I understand it, the hit markers are calculated client-side but actual hits are obviously done server-side. So when there's a mismatch you'll get false positives -- e.g., hit markers when you didn't really land hits.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Drav posted:

As I understand it, the hit markers are calculated client-side but actual hits are obviously done server-side. So when there's a mismatch you'll get false positives -- e.g., hit markers when you didn't really land hits.

False positives are a bug in the engine. IW actually fixed that in Ghosts, but Treyarch and Sledgehammer refuse to do it for whatever reason.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Welp double xp weekend RIP my weekend

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I like that there's a reset button for tokens once per prestige I'm guessing, gonna utilize that when I hit max level. I don't think I'll prestige twice.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I love the trophy systems and how they've updated them in this version. They are my little rolling basketball like wing-men that always have my back.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Game is installed. Bout to dump my lovely kdr all over the playstation network.

psn Znorps

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!

Captain Shortbus posted:

I had just recently changed it. I may still be on your friends list as Skylar Must Cry.

Still can't find you. Just add me again.

Yamacruiser

Rei_
May 16, 2004

victrix posted:

So... the Sheiva? :v:

the Drakon is pretty bad too honestly and i cant believe it's as good as it is silenced

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Please don't nerf my Drakon. :(

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
please don't nerf the Brecci it already has a hard enough time :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

OneDeadman posted:

please don't nerf the Brecci it already has a hard enough time :(

This times a million. I love my Brecci, don't touch it :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm trying to level the Brecci and I'm sucking pretty bad I guess.

I wish pellets didn't disappear into the void.

e: Taking it SLOWER actually improved my performance a lot. Go figure, right?

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 21, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So the Pharo is pretty sensitive to lag. Like if I get a good host I can one burst people, otherwise its 2-3 bursts to kill someone.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Pharo and the Vesper are both really super lag dependent. When I'm in a bad connection I use the Weevil/M8 or Dingo

The Locus is a lot of fun, how's the other bolt action?

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 21, 2015

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Saggy hurts the team with his selfishness

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Drunk and wanna shoot poo poo on ps4 and yell into a mic anyone down?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Does anyone seriously not run tac mask at all times?

Like here's what needs to be toned the gently caress down:
-The damage on the drakon and sheiva
-The intensity and duration of tactical grenades
-The fire rate on the scythe

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Dead silence and awareness pretty much all the time for me.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Javes posted:

Dead silence and awareness pretty much all the time for me.

If I have awareness on, what do other people close by sound like to me if they have dead silence? Is it completely quiet or audible just not as loud? What about walking on loud surfaces (ex. metal skywalks)? Awareness is my jam, and if Dead Silence is OP then I might rethink things and stop going for !!!MaStEr PrEsTiGe!!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Dead Silence cancels out Awareness. Lag will also cancel it out.

tjones
May 13, 2005
So ranked is great if you only have a few guys to play with. We immediately ban dead silence, awareness, sometimes silencers, and then try to gently caress with the other team by observing their ban/protect process. I'd say about 50% of the guys immediately back out once they realize what is happening.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Rei_ posted:

Like here's what needs to be toned the gently caress down:
-The damage on the drakon and sheiva

Can't say i've run into any Sheiva assholes but oh my god gently caress the Drakon forever. So many pubstars running that thing with a silencer just CHOO CHOO CHOO'ing constantly like some hosed up steam train. I loving loathe the Drakon.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
We had a Nuketown dom match where we pooped all over the other team and Javes had 70 kills.

Then we got pooped on the next match. Ah, Nuketown.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

SubponticatePoster posted:

We had a Nuketown dom match where we pooped all over the other team and Javes had 70 kills.

Also a demolition game where we planted both bombs and they both blew up.

That was the first minute into the match. We had some good demo games.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone else on shooting poo poo on ps4

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SubponticatePoster posted:

Woulda been there, but I was just too effing tired today.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpSGW9wh0Q

Youtube is still processing the video so no HD yet.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Trying to play this game with a 3 bar connection turns me into Mosquito Jones/Mr. Macy's level rage so quick. Can. Not. Win. Firefights. Ever.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
most games i join are super lagspikey so this game is p much unplayable thank you treyerarachdfth

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

JaySB posted:

Trying to play this game with a 3 bar connection turns me into Mosquito Jones/Mr. Macy's level rage so quick. Can. Not. Win. Firefights. Ever.

Had this happen in the party yesterday when we were mixing players from both coasts. It was incredibly unfun. Felt like BO1/2 launch week connections, hitmarkers for days, constantly losing gunfights and getting turned on.

The connection is just good enough when everyone is 4 bar. As soon as the lobby starts mixing laggy players, it goes right to hell.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I put an ELO on the Drakon and now even full teams that win are backing out immediately lmao, I called in a GI Unit and teammates stood around to watch it land because they had never seen one before

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Javes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpSGW9wh0Q

Youtube is still processing the video so no HD yet.

God drat. Once you get that first cerebus it's loving over.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

I put an ELO on the Drakon and now even full teams that win are backing out immediately lmao, I called in a GI Unit and teammates stood around to watch it land because they had never seen one before

I unlocked the ELO while working on the camo challenge and now I have to hit 34 before I can do the 5 attachment camo. Being a seasoned CoD player and actually starting multiplayer when a double xp weekend starts is kinda hilarious. Still learning though. I loving love the Drakon in HC though. How is it in normal playlists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Xenaero posted:

I'm trying to level the Brecci and I'm sucking pretty bad I guess.

I wish pellets didn't disappear into the void.

e: Taking it SLOWER actually improved my performance a lot. Go figure, right?

loving told you it's an ambush shotty. Not an aggressive shotty.

• Locked thread