Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
:respek: You and me both. Going from +5 to -16c is a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Timmy Cruise posted:

:respek: You and me both. Going from +5 to -16c is a bit much.

But it's gonna be +1 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Crap, way back in the day we used a Volume License to install Windows 7 so now I can't recover any license key. I need the key so I can install Windows 7 on my new SSD, then upgrade to Win 10, then relegate the old box to FreeNAS duty. I also need the key so I can actually download the Windows 7 image since I long ago lost my disc. I've got a lead on someone who might have a spare key, we'll see how it goes :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Why are all car bolts made out of Quantum material?
Was replacing the Tstat on my girlfriends CRV, and dropped a bolt, and there's only one place it really could have gone, and it's not there.
Scoured the floor, poked a magnet all around, and even dropped another (spare) bolt down to watch it bounce, and it went EXACTLY where it should have.

WTF Universe. And I was almost done too. :negative:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I wired a 3A 5v led driver into my fuse box, then wired a 4 head USB pc header into that. It's janky as all hell but it runs my dashcam and phone charger without a problem.

Kids have felt off in the last couple of days, whatever they've got I've now got so this weekend is going to be great. The

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I dropped my 1/2" 12 point deep 3/8-drive socket while taking a 4.0L apart, not even in the engine bay, once. It loving up and disappeared completely into the ninth dimension, couldn't find it anywhere.

I found it a year and a half later nestled inside the water pump pulley, still on the shortblock, when I tore it down the rest of the way.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Weather chat: The tabloid predicted early snowpocalipse has hit the UK but unfortunately it isn't cold enough and there isn't enough to make it fun :(.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

There's an inch here.

( :quagmire: )

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

There was a few seconds of hail earlier. It's also rather nippy out due to the lack of clouds

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

There's an inch here.

( :quagmire: )

That's pretty much snowpocalipse for round here. It's only fun if it's actually cold so it freezes and if the council have decided not to grit and if it hits just before rush hour.
I'm currently on the last bus home from town which is running ahead of schedule because this snow is too rubbish :(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Crap, way back in the day we used a Volume License to install Windows 7 so now I can't recover any license key. I need the key so I can install Windows 7 on my new SSD, then upgrade to Win 10, then relegate the old box to FreeNAS duty. I also need the key so I can actually download the Windows 7 image since I long ago lost my disc. I've got a lead on someone who might have a spare key, we'll see how it goes :v:

You can usually grab your product key from the registry.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

Did you try this?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

You can usually grab your product key from the registry.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

Did you try this?

Not with a volume license, AFAIK

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I've been lifting pretty consistently for the last few weeks and not doing quite as much cardio while also not really restricting myself in the way of calorie intake. Today after work I was taking a leak and looked over my shoulder and noticed something I've never seen before. My shoulder having a visible divide from my bicep. Normally I would see nothing but smooth arm flab. Now I see two small but distinct muscle groups :) I'm really excited! I eat kinda bad and lift every morning and I'm not up any on the scale, still 192 but holy crap I have actual muscles showing up! Yay!

I also installed the WRX wheel on my impreza that Bahaha sent me and it looks the poo poo and feels so nice. That was an easy job. Thanks Bayhayhay!

Also, what's this thing? It said rolls royce on it.

e: motherfucker, that car cost $492K? phantom drophead coupe Uh, it was driven by an urban youth. Not exactly hiding what you do for a living there, fella :catdrugs:

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 21, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Maybe he raps or plays basketball.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Or earned his living legitimately.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Then he would be in River Oaks and not loving Westheimer and Fondren. I work in the ghetto, son.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

There's a cool SR-71 pilot AMA on reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3tktsm/iama_former_sr71_pilot_and_wing_commander_ama_pt2/

quote:

Cool fact, the windows at Mach 3.2 the glass window in front of my eyes was 622 degrees fahrenheit at 85,000ft, where the outside temperature was -70 degrees fahrenheit.
:stare:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

BloodBag posted:

I also installed the WRX wheel on my impreza that Bahaha sent me and it looks the poo poo and feels so nice. That was an easy job. Thanks Bayhayhay!

You need to track down a black airbag asap. edit: or at least paint this one closer to match the black wheel.

Glad to see you're enjoying it otherwise.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 21, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BoostCreep posted:

They just added a second show a day later on the 10th. Trying again tomorrow morning at 10am.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A004F70B5681B32?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&tm_link=tm_changeloc_go

It'll probably be the same. I don't understand why they're not playing the amphitheater, other than because Maynard.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

It'll probably be the same. I don't understand why they're not playing the amphitheater, other than because Maynard.

do you really need any other reason tbh?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have now been awake for 32.5 hours straight with no end in sight.

I might die.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I have now been awake for 32.5 hours straight with no end in sight.

I might die.

Oxygen is a poison that takes 80 years to kill you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

do you really need any other reason tbh?

He sure doesn't. The last time I saw them, which was right after 10000 Days, he wiped snot on me. He's a dick. But the music is good.

Also, in awesome wife news: the other night, I broke my shaving mug. It fell like an inch, but hit just right that it shattered. Not a big deal, except it was an ollllllld Old Spice mug that belonged to my dad, who died when I was 9.

Apparently my wife felt horrible, found the same mug online, and ordered it. Gave it to me and said "I know it's not the same, but maybe it'll help?"

Despite the issues we have sometimes, gently caress. Someone must have chopped onions in here earlier.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

That's pretty much snowpocalipse for round here. It's only fun if it's actually cold so it freezes and if the council have decided not to grit and if it hits just before rush hour.
I have to balance the fact like snow with explaining to coworkers - again - how no, having a Land Rover doesn't help me, competence does, and the multitude of reasons why ancient trucks with leaf-sprung live axles, steering boxes, and a disproportionately light rear end are not much fun in winter conditions.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

This isn't about aesthetics. Since we're having this ridiculous conversation in AI, let me put this in more understandable words: this is like having your steering wheel and pedals 10" off to the right to fit in a cupholder :iiaca:

Most of the time those mobile workstations are in a dock with a real keyboard and mouse attached so the layout is irrelevant but if it is actually being used as a portable computer then having that 10 key is invaluable and worth the off center keyboard/trackpad.

I really miss having a 10 key whenever I'm trying to do any actual work away from my desktop but I'm probably just going to buy a USB/bluetooth 10 key instead of lugging around the mobile workstation I have sitting a cabinet. I can usually find a flat surface to work on instead of my lap.

e: They're calling for some crazy amount of snow here and like usual we're not going to get poo poo. I'm living like a block from a church with a giant empty parking lot and I want to it dump snow so I can go play.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo that new Chris Harris video - La Ferrari vs. Porsche 918 vs. McLaren P1

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Made chocolate chip cookies. Ate too many cookies and gave myself a stomach ache. Totally worth it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Idiot Abroad is a ridiculous show.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yup, contacting the place I bought the radiator through on monday so I can get warranty stuff started. Also having my mother overnight me the keys to her car so I can drive it instead while she's off visiting my brother. I'm just glad I happened to notice the pink tint to the water/coolant in the overflow bottle when I checked it before heading to the airport. Also, 2 days ago I was talking to the friend who hangs out most of the time I'm working on car poo poo and he mentioned that both of our vehicles have been working well and generally not crapping out. Now I've got this and he's got a vacuum leak to track down. We shoulda kept our loving mouths shut. :v:

Edit: Oh right, so this is a thing that happened. http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/spring-hill-auto-parts-manager-charged-with-obtaining-fraudulent-refund/2254504
We literally have policies in place to catch people TRYING TO PULL THIS EXACT loving BULLSHIT. This is also a store that has had big problems with poo poo going missing due to not billing parts that went out for delivery, causing the previous store manager to be demoted, the commercial sales guy to lose his job and LP to pick them for "random" audits with regularity. This guy was promoted to store manager despite planning to leave the company in under a year due to graduating fire academy. Once they replace him, they'll be up to store manager #4 or 5 in almost 3 years of being open. That store is a complete clusterfuck as a result, but somehow its still the biggest in the area for sales. Its also the store that I called while looking for a job, which led to me finding out that my store was being built and putting in an application.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 21, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Did he not realize that basically every chain POS system has analytics to detect something like this? Congratulations on your $1,411 of hard-stolen merchandise you loving lump.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, in awesome wife news: the other night, I broke my shaving mug. It fell like an inch, but hit just right that it shattered. Not a big deal, except it was an ollllllld Old Spice mug that belonged to my dad, who died when I was 9.

Apparently my wife felt horrible, found the same mug online, and ordered it. Gave it to me and said "I know it's not the same, but maybe it'll help?"

Despite the issues we have sometimes, gently caress. Someone must have chopped onions in here earlier.

That's nice :3:

Of my granddads stuff I have a bone handled knife (I'm not a knife person) and one remaining mug. It's an ugly bastard but I'll be heart broken when it breaks and I've never seen anything similar in years of searching. I actually looked online last week and found out that although the makers name is Scottish they're still based here in Stoke on Trent, I need to take it into them and ask about the pattern one day.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Did he not realize that basically every chain POS system has analytics to detect something like this? Congratulations on your $1,411 of hard-stolen merchandise you loving lump.

Not only that, but there is a daily review of all returns done for cash that is done by hand, usually by whoever is available to keep it effective.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My second last day in retail was just me watching on in awe as the manager rectified a $13,000 inventory count discrepancy item by item in the computer.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So how exactly do you hardwire a USB car charger plug? I wanna know what I'm looking for before I break open this brand new one I bought. It's a Scosche that puts out two USB ports at 2.4a a piece for rapid charging. Am I gonna have to solder to some pins or anything?

EDIT: Nevermind I just bought a female socket with a pigtail I can just plug the charger into, derp.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 21, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:siren:public service announcement:siren: if you're not going to use a torque wrench when you install spark plugs please use some anti-seize or else you will become "The PO". 5 of the 6 came out relatively easy. Number 6 had me sweating bullets and came out fine but didn't break free with the finesse one would desire when working on their superior German asphalt scalpel.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Number 6 had me sweating bullets

Hello spark plug it's me again, you can subdue but never tame. You give me a migraine headache sinking down to your level.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Race of Champions is live streaming on Motor Trend right now!!

http://www.motortrendondemand.com/live-coverage/sat-nov-21st-10-00am-et-race-of-champions-/272792/

I love this event. It's kind of silly since the track is so small, but still fun.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Cross posting this.

SFH1989 posted:

The Westchester County Sports Car Club is having thier yearly Turkey Tour TSD rally tonight starting and ending in Mt Kisco, NY. I really should have posted about this sooner but you know you want to spend your Saturday night getting lost on back roads.

If you come you can meet rcman, yes we're making him wear 'the outfit'.

http://www.wscc.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:siren:public service announcement:siren: if you're not going to use a torque wrench when you install spark plugs please use some anti-seize or else you will become "The PO". 5 of the 6 came out relatively easy. Number 6 had me sweating bullets and came out fine but didn't break free with the finesse one would desire when working on their superior German asphalt scalpel.

I've never used a torque wrench on a spark plug. Snug+1/8 of a turn for conical seat plugs, snug+1/2 of a turn for compression washer plugs. :colbert:

• Locked thread