Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ometeotl posted:

No, the problem is that the grey market has no oversight so those cheap keys could have been bought with stolen credit cards before being sold to places like GMG.

GMG isn't a key reseller, so far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
I am surprised that Amazon is hiding some info on DQ 7 on the Digital Purchase Page

quote:

To restore light to the world, team up with the mysterious creature Midna and embrace the darkness to transform into a divine wolf.

Fight through labyrinthine dungeons, survive puzzling traps, and meet a cast of characters you'll never forget in this legendary Zelda adventure.

Looks like Midna and Wolf Link are confirmed to be in the new DQ7.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zurai posted:

GMG isn't a key reseller, so far as I know.

They are (though it isn't all they do). They even admit to being one. They say that they do their best to source keys and make sure they are official and revenue goes back to the publisher but "This isn’t a perfect science as human error can affect the supply chain."

If they're an official partner though there should be 0 issues so buy away for DQH

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 20, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Real hurthling! posted:

Recipes you earn as drops or buy with medals. there are lots of good ones. to make them though You need to do bag quests to get space for better mats unless you dont mind selling all your poo poo mats one at a time in the shop to make room for what you need.
The most powerful items ive found raise your crit rate which with the skills that give you damage boost and mana regen on crit, basicall break the game.

The Bandit's Mask (I think, it's the one that increase item drop rate) is also pretty useful, especially when you get to those "I need X items" quests. You'll need to buy the recipe with medals though.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

OK cool, and any suggested recipes I should get with my medals?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

BadAstronaut posted:

OK cool, and any suggested recipes I should get with my medals?

I got the dogged collar one that lets you attack through enemy guards rather early, it made fighting all knight type enemies much less aggravating.

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK
I'm 99.99% done with Dragon Quest Heroes. All I need is a Puff Puff from Psaro.... argh.

I enjoyed it. I got a bit frustrated with Nokturnus and stopping playing it for a week or so. Finally beat him last night and then took out Zoma on my first freaking try. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but I dug this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I only have an i5 on this computer at 2.20 ghz, should I wait and see what the port is like? I've heard iffy things about the ones Koei has done before.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

The Vinja Ninja posted:

I am surprised that Amazon is hiding some info on DQ 7 on the Digital Purchase Page

Seeing this made me very happy.

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Looks like Midna and Wolf Link are confirmed to be in the new DQ7.

This did not.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Haydez posted:

I'm 99.99% done with Dragon Quest Heroes. All I need is a Puff Puff from Psaro.... argh.

:stare: I have no idea what this means but I guess I'll find out December.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Justin_Brett posted:

I only have an i5 on this computer at 2.20 ghz, should I wait and see what the port is like? I've heard iffy things about the ones Koei has done before.

Generally their ports are good, main complaint are that they are ports from the last generation but that's the price to pay for letting potatos run it at 60 fps.

Your CPU is weak, though. You need at least 2.9 to run it smooth.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
GMG quite blatantly sells you keys they purchased with rubles or reals when the game in question is region free--or will use other weaker currencies when those are restricted, like taking advantage of euro tiers. How else do you think they're magically offering constant 25% off and what not while other retailers are not doing this? They're not even offering you a fraction of the discount they're actually getting via their potentially questionable supply that you could instead be potentially questionably tapping into directly yourself.

Still, at the end of the day if something is region free it's region free and I've never heard of a game switching after release (in a way that affects prior purchases) so thus any keys purchased will be safe and supported. Buying from GMG is basically just paying a middle man to do something kind of questionable for you, as risk mitigation or time saving.

edit: I should probably also note that, in theory, buying from GMG still isn't greatly hurting publishers and thus developers if that's a worry. In theory they'd limit the number of keys distributed to any weak currency region to a certain extent, so any losses from people cheating the system are manageable at worst. So yeah, it is hurting them in a fashion but it's their mistake if it's doing so to a fatal degree.

Decus fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 21, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah just from that I'd probably need to play it on low, unless those requirements are overblown. Do they usually have options for that?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Yeah just from that I'd probably need to play it on low, unless those requirements are overblown. Do they usually have options for that?

2.9 is the minimum, and graphics aren't the issue with CPU. You need a better one to handle the stuttering from all the enemies and particles the game will produce.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Game recommends an i7 @3.4ghz. Guess I'll be playing on low-med settings when I get it since I'm on an i5.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Game recommends an i7 @3.4ghz. Guess I'll be playing on low-med settings when I get it since I'm on an i5.

Recommended settings have been inflated for the last ten years. I wouldn't worry about not having an i7 if your i5 is at least similarly clocked to the recommended i7. You will probably be on medium settings or better without a problem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ImpAtom posted:

No, that is 3.

Yeah, thinking back, the third was really the worst.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kiggles posted:

Recommended settings have been inflated for the last ten years. I wouldn't worry about not having an i7 if your i5 is at least similarly clocked to the recommended i7. You will probably be on medium settings or better without a problem.

It's an i5-3570, so maybe? Video card is a 660 GTX and I have 8gb or RAM so running 60fps on medium at 1080p would be nice. Hope this PS4 port plays properly on a 360 controller.

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah, thinking back, the third was really the worst.

I started the series on 3 and remember hearing it had improved a bunch of stuff from D2, though D4 still played much better. D4 also had the benefit of shipping with an unintended duping bug so instead of having to waste dozens/hundreds of hours doing the dumb duping poo poo to max out stats for gear you could just do it in a few minutes via the bug. I made drat sure to never update the game once I saw a fix was out for it.

Disgaea games have the best/worst grind. :japan:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:stare: I have no idea what this means but I guess I'll find out December.

just make sure you talk to all the party members in the canteen after every few missions and you'll get puff puff eventually from each companion

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Tae posted:

Generally their ports are good, main complaint are that they are ports from the last generation but that's the price to pay for letting potatos run it at 60 fps.

Your CPU is weak, though. You need at least 2.9 to run it smooth.
That should not be an issue with the pc version of DQ Heroes. They did not localize the PS3 version so the port should be based on PS4. The system requirements say 20gb hard drive space, and it is 23.8gb on the PS4. Still, it is probably a good idea to wait for trip reports in case it is a bad port of the PS4 version.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Decus posted:

GMG quite blatantly sells you keys they purchased with rubles or reals when the game in question is region free--or will use other weaker currencies when those are restricted, like taking advantage of euro tiers. How else do you think they're magically offering constant 25% off and what not while other retailers are not doing this? They're not even offering you a fraction of the discount they're actually getting via their potentially questionable supply that you could instead be potentially questionably tapping into directly yourself.

Still, at the end of the day if something is region free it's region free and I've never heard of a game switching after release (in a way that affects prior purchases) so thus any keys purchased will be safe and supported. Buying from GMG is basically just paying a middle man to do something kind of questionable for you, as risk mitigation or time saving.

edit: I should probably also note that, in theory, buying from GMG still isn't greatly hurting publishers and thus developers if that's a worry. In theory they'd limit the number of keys distributed to any weak currency region to a certain extent, so any losses from people cheating the system are manageable at worst. So yeah, it is hurting them in a fashion but it's their mistake if it's doing so to a fatal degree.

It's not my job to shop around and avoid good prices on games in order to protect the profits of multinational corporations. If I can buy a $60 game for $35 the day it releases on a legit site and never have a problem with any of my keys there's nothing questionable about it at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry to open this apparently can of worms again, but GMG is stacking the pre-order discount with their own for 28% off: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/dragon-quest-heroes-slime-edition/?source=webgains_US&siteid=183155

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just started dqv. so good. love sancho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just beat DQVIII and it was excellent. Torn between playing SMT3 and DQ9 next.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

In Training posted:

I just beat DQVIII and it was excellent. Torn between playing SMT3 and DQ9 next.

Give yourself a break and go play SMT3

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I second SMT III. It's a fantastic game.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
Any word if they plan to release additional content for DQH? I don't see anything on google besides that all the existing content released in Japan is included in the western release. I played the poo poo out of Hyrule Warriors and would gladly pay for more DQH content.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate yankees posted:

Any word if they plan to release additional content for DQH? I don't see anything on google besides that all the existing content released in Japan is included in the western release. I played the poo poo out of Hyrule Warriors and would gladly pay for more DQH content.

There's a sequel that comes out in Japan in a few months, which will probably eventually finds its way to the west.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hate yankees posted:

as you said western copies of dqh contain all the dlc already

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

as you said western copies of dqh contain all the dlc already

I was hoping they weren't completely finished with the game but it sounds like they are. :(

In Training posted:

There's a sequel that comes out in Japan in a few months, which will probably eventually finds its way to the west.

Well hopefully they plan to spend a bit more time and add more playable content on the sequel! Unless I missed something, most of the DLC I saw when searching Google was costumes and similar things.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Has there been any indication that the iOS version of DQ7 is coming west?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hate yankees posted:

I was hoping they weren't completely finished with the game but it sounds like they are. :(
Well hopefully they plan to spend a bit more time and add more playable content on the sequel! Unless I missed something, most of the DLC I saw when searching Google was costumes and similar things.

There are 5 included dlc missions in addition to the costumes and weapons
Arena batle
Psaro
Nokturnus
Bjorn
Zoma

the game takes like 60+ hours to full clear as it is and they went straight into production of the sequel with 4 player co-op.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

There are 5 included dlc missions in addition to the costumes and weapons
Arena batle
Psaro
Nokturnus
Bjorn
Zoma

the game takes like 60+ hours to full clear as it is and they went straight into production of the sequel with 4 player co-op.

Co-op sounds amazing even if it's online only.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

Has there been any indication that the iOS version of DQ7 is coming west?

No, but even the iOS ports of 1-3 had relatively little fanfare considering they were full-fledged retranslatons. And 6 was handled by Nintendo and that got a port, so I'd take it as a given.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Square Enix is running an Android sale on a few Dragon Quest games for Thanksgiving. I picked up DQ3 and 8.

I'm on a galaxy s3 and 8 runs at about twenty FPS, but it's playable. Not necessarily the most enjoyable, but my PC is too terrible to emulate it well and it's not on PSN as a PS2 classic. I've already pre-ordered the 3DS version.

3 plays fine, but so did 1 and 2.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Speaking of, I just finished DQ3 on Android today. I guess I'll put this in spoilers in case the guy above me hasn't played it before, but was it as much of a surprise back when the game first came out on NES that the boss bad guy has a boss bad guy who's badder than he is and surprise it's a prequel to DQ1?

If there's a sale going on, I guess now would be the perfect time to pick up 4-6.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

raditts posted:

Speaking of, I just finished DQ3 on Android today. I guess I'll put this in spoilers in case the guy above me hasn't played it before, but was it as much of a surprise back when the game first came out on NES that the boss bad guy has a boss bad guy who's badder than he is and surprise it's a prequel to DQ1?

If there's a sale going on, I guess now would be the perfect time to pick up 4-6.

It was in Japan, yeah. People went absolutely crazy over Dragon Quest III and that twist blew them away at the time.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Only 2-4 and 8 are on sale, ie. everything but the two newest releases (and 1 but that's the cheapest one anyway). I bought them all because the only Dragon Quest I've ever actually finished is 1.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Veib posted:

Only 2-4 and 8 are on sale, ie. everything but the two newest releases (and 1 but that's the cheapest one anyway). I bought them all because the only Dragon Quest I've ever actually finished is 1.

Yeah, I noticed that... well, at least I can get 4 and hope there's a sale on 5 and 6 by the time I beat that one. Looks like the Final Fantasy games are on sale too, so I guess I'll pick up one or two of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It was in Japan, yeah. People went absolutely crazy over Dragon Quest III and that twist blew them away at the time.

I'm I remember this correctly since I haven't played it since the NES, but I remember being quite freaked out that the world of darkness was the exact same as DW1. Like it blew my mind, and I remember going "OMG, this is that, and this is where you did this, and this cave is also here, holy poo poo"