Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If we can't haze you relentlessly for one month then we're going to piecemeal it throughout the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I loving hate CPO365. I tried to get out of it because i am literally both feet out the door, and the CMC still makes me attend that garbage.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

If we can't haze you relentlessly for one month then we're going to piecemeal it throughout the year.

And then haze you anyway until a guy dies.

A guy in VA died this year of heart attack on the 2nd to last night of hazing induction. I was staying with a chief friend of mine and he was real bummed hearing about it so we got really drunk and he was late for work the next morning. I did my part.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
secretly idgf, I want the pay raise. I mean I know either way im getting out, but still....

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Laranzu posted:

I highly await the forest city move out process. Especially after they sell their housing to some other lovely company like the email said they are.

I just went and found that email in my inbox. It makes me even more happy to leave.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Fart Sandwiches posted:

And then haze you anyway until a guy dies.

A guy in VA died this year of heart attack on the 2nd to last night of hazing induction. I was staying with a chief friend of mine and he was real bummed hearing about it so we got really drunk and he was late for work the next morning. I did my part.

I brought up EN1 Tuff on the smoke deck, got a lecture about how he died from unknown heart complications that had nothing to do with initiation. I'm sure little to no sleep and exhaustion had nothing to do with it.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

it's a good rate man, but I promise you can do better on the outside. if you did crossrate it'd just be a mad case if grass is greener and you'd be filled with disappointment. Get out.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

vrath posted:

I just went and found that email in my inbox. It makes me even more happy to leave.

This is the correct way to think.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Quotas

Rates with smart people that require brains have high quotas because they all GTFO

Everything with a low quota is a rate of retards that have 4 kids and stay for life. But they get the EPs because they throw everyone under the bus and attended the most bake sales (they do everything but their actual job which they suck at) and or are filipino

This seems pretty accurate. I looked at quotas today and FC1 is at mid 30's. I feel bad because when it's that high (which is high for FC's, obviously other rates are different) you get a bunch of garbage that advances, and said garbage will eventually be LPOs, then those junior guys see the dumbfucks in charge of them and if they're smart, they get out, and the cycle perpetuates. The Navy is an unending jormungar of bad leadership.

T/GPS was pretty useful, writing a resume is pretty much eval writing. We had a bunch of recruiters come in today and it was helpful to kind of realize just how many jobs I could do. I was basically pigeonholing myself into something DoD related, and I'll probably still go that route because of money, but it's good to get some perspective.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I loving hate CPO365. I tried to get out of it because i am literally both feet out the door, and the CMC still makes me attend that garbage.

shipmate! many sailors change their mind right before they get out! this is valuable training for you even as a civilian!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

shipmate! many sailors change their mind right before they get out! this is valuable training for you even as a civilian!

Yeah CPO 365 is weird. The Marines are dumb as gently caress but even we send our guys to formal schools away from their command. The Navy half asses some classes and PT sessions and then screams at their newly frocked Chiefs for not magically figuring everything out overnight.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i never had to deal with that poo poo. i put on e-5 and got out 2 months later.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah CPO 365 is weird. The Marines are dumb as gently caress but even we send our guys to formal schools away from their command. The Navy half asses some classes and PT sessions and then screams at their newly frocked Chiefs for not magically figuring everything out overnight.

and this is why I am running for the exits faster than people attending an Eagles of Death Metal concert in Paris

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Yeah, first is nice and all but the pay raise is almost not worth having to deal with 365.

Boring power points and 5 am runs. So leadership. Run by idiots for idiots.

The two suggestions for making it not suck just got ignored.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Laranzu posted:

Yeah, first is nice and all but the pay raise is almost not worth having to deal with 365.

Boring power points and 5 am runs. So leadership. Run by idiots for idiots.

The two suggestions for making it not suck just got ignored.

I'm assuming at your command 365 is for real mandatory. It's mandatory here but over the last three years I've gone twice with no one giving me any poo poo. Some of that might be attributed to it being outside of our (but not the first shifts so be sure to come anyway!) working hours.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypzUduBqiQ

:golfclap:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

:aaa:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

That was pretty good.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Lou Takki posted:

That was pretty good.

Hey buddy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

That was pretty good.

The mop bucket is killing me.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Laranzu posted:

The mop bucket is killing me.

Kind of want to make it my av.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Pandasmores posted:

Kind of want to make it my av.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Laranzu posted:

The cadillac is killing me.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

DownByTheWooter posted:

The cadillac is killing me.

Its a mop bucket. Just like the floor is a floor and the doors are doors.

Navy Lingo kills us all slowly.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Its a mop bucket. Just like the floor is a floor and the doors are doors.

Navy Lingo kills us all slowly.
BMW calls firewalls bulkheads. There is no escape.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Being an HT is no way to get a head in life

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Sir Lucius posted:

You should feel bad for writing that.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sir Lucius posted:

HTs are awesome. They will weld anything into a stateroom for a minimal fee.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

HTs are awesome. They will weld anything into a stateroom for a minimal fee.

When they're not busy digging condoms and tampons out of VCHT.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
I dropped my SELRES to IRR transfer request chit yesterday. I'm wondering how my chain of command is going to react.

No one ever gets out and they certainly don't ask to go IRR. Even the most FTN E3 says that the reserves are the best thing he's got going. :psyduck:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

KetTarma posted:

I dropped my SELRES to IRR transfer request chit yesterday. I'm wondering how my chain of command is going to react.

No one ever gets out and they certainly don't ask to go IRR. Even the most FTN E3 says that the reserves are the best thing he's got going. :psyduck:

CDE incoming.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KetTarma posted:

They're going to lose your packet tbh. No AD people give a poo poo about weird reservists.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So are results out?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
To command triads and shops, yes. To the public, no.

I was going to just wait until tomorrow to find out results because eff hanging out around a workshop but Mr. Nice! suggested maybe my leadership would want to talk to everyone after they put out results, but no they speed read everything out of order, threw them on a table in an office, locked the door and wandered off. Hang all khakis, even those retired.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

maffew buildings posted:

To command triads and shops, yes. To the public, no.

I was going to just wait until tomorrow to find out results because eff hanging out around a workshop but Mr. Nice! suggested maybe my leadership would want to talk to everyone after they put out results, but no they speed read everything out of order, threw them on a table in an office, locked the door and wandered off. Hang all khakis, even those retired.

They'll leak onto the internet soon enough.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What are y'all talking about and is it something I should try to care about?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Anita Dickinme posted:

What are y'all talking about and is it something I should try to care about?

The fall petty officer results are out. Trying to see if the list has leaked anywhere or if we'll actually have to wait until tomorrow.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Potential Petty Officer Buildings is ready to put the Petty in PO in a major way.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

The fall petty officer results are out. Trying to see if the list has leaked anywhere or if we'll actually have to wait until tomorrow.

Ah, yeah nah. Airman for life. Because I'm getting out.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
In a surprising turn of events, I got emails from my chain of command wishing me the best and that if anyone needed anything, they'd send me an email.

I guess I'm in the IRR now?

Kind of anti-climatic considering nothing is ever that easy in the Navy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Don't question this, enjoy the moment before they screw it all up for you

• Locked thread