Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

deadly_pudding posted:

I dunno if this has come up earlier in the thread :shobon:

I like how there Hero Association is very, very much an embodiment of "These aren't the heroes you want or deserve, these are the hereoes that you get."

Like, every rank seems like it's mostly complete assholes on various types of power trip, with the odd good egg like Silver Fang or Mumen Rider. It's exactly the kind of thing that would happen IRL if a massive, shadowy organization offered to pay a salary to like the top 0.1% most violent people in the country to just kind of do their thing with zero consequences, as long as they occasionally stop a crime, and then also incentivized them to compete against each other for ranking.

Are you daring to imply that Licenseless Rider is not a hero we want or deserve???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hey now, he's a good egg.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saitama is the best egg.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Waffleman_ posted:

Saitama is the best egg.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YDjNfm6NNc

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

I counter with the actual music video and making of said music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vUPys1E5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTgKN7jp28E

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not really sure it needed a making of.

"just stand, mime and point"

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The first part is way funnier because they just sort of matter-of-factly produce the vocals. Just the way Saitama produces glorious, divine punches, actually.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Welp, they skipped Puri-Puri-Prisoner's backstory, but it was great to see the other heroes in there. And yes, the Sea King kept his heart nipples.

Can't wait for next episode..

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good ep as usual. Licenceless is too cool :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ugh, terrible episode. where was the "gaki" shirt? what about the circles on the kid and dads' cheeks? can't believe how poo poo this anime is....

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

Welp, they skipped Puri-Puri-Prisoner's backstory, but it was great to see the other heroes in there. And yes, the Sea King kept his heart nipples.

Can't wait for next episode..

That was an improvement and it's amazing how much better they make Prisoner by changing one word in the backstory he gives

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Episode was great, looked like they got a little lazy with Sonic's fight and reused some animation with that claw flurry, but the Sea King was intimidating, and Prisoner going full Sailor Moon was funny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not really. It feels less significant having him show up and job to the Sea King if he just pops in randomly with no fanfare. Regardless of your taste/distaste for his backstory, he's an S class so he he should get his due there.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The prison escape is an extra chapter, so it's understandable why it wasn't included.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

:swoon:

http://i.imgur.com/RmY0c6U.jpg

:swoon:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Episode was great, looked like they got a little lazy with Sonic's fight and reused some animation with that claw flurry, but the Sea King was intimidating, and Prisoner going full Sailor Moon was funny

Yeah, the animation has been a little less amazing than usual. Hopefully, they're just saving it for when Saitama finally gets to do something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, nothing really stood out to me about this episode, so I assume that this was one of the episodes that just got a lower budget. I also wasn't hugely fond of the added scenes with Saitama--he doesn't really feature in this little chunk of the manga until he picks up Licenseless Rider's phone, and to me that was a stronger moment than showing him being on his way beforehand.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I am so beyond ready for next week's episode already, goddamn. Time to eat so much food on Thursday that I am unconscious until Sunday.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Goddamn next episode cannot come fast enough.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sea King was was absolutely perfectly cast.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Not much stood out a lot, but I would say the animation didnt look bad either

also PriPriPrisoner

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, nothing really stood out to me about this episode, so I assume that this was one of the episodes that just got a lower budget. I also wasn't hugely fond of the added scenes with Saitama--he doesn't really feature in this little chunk of the manga until he picks up Licenseless Rider's phone, and to me that was a stronger moment than showing him being on his way beforehand.

I agree, seeing him earlier in the episode deflates the sense of anticipation that is so critical to the phone scene.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Also that OP just gets better and better every time I listen to it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not really. It feels less significant having him show up and job to the Sea King if he just pops in randomly with no fanfare. Regardless of your taste/distaste for his backstory, he's an S class so he he should get his due there.

Looking at the wiki, it seems like that extra chapter got added some time after Puri-Puri-Prisoner's introduction? I mean you could argue they shoulda put the extra chapter stuff before but it seems like manga readers got the same "and now there's a gay S-Rank prison hero" experience.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Also that OP just gets better and better every time I listen to it.

It's the first opening in a long rear end time that I haven't skipped at all. :rock: Power, get the power! :rock:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
This episode is straight up a setup for the next episode, so they're setting up the premise and slowly ratcheting up the tension. I didn't expect much because the actual fight against the Sea King is going to be the big thing here. And it's going to be glorious. As for Pri Pri Prisoner being a jobber here, the fact is that he's the lowest ranked of all the S ranks. Sea King is an absolute monster, so they need to give you a scale of how monstrous he is. The fact he actually managed to stand up to one of Sea King's punch is quite impressive considering that the guy just OHKOs the other A ranks shown.

Also, the opening gets better every time as I notice more of the references to the side stories and future plot.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was fine with them cutting out most of Pri-Pri Prisoner's shtick but still think they should've shown him watching TV and getting the idea to break out (with Sonic).

Also,

Terper posted:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
http://i.imgur.com/Bny6RiV.jpg :3:

Terper posted:

:yeah:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
They did an excellent job on this arc so far.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The sea king's design is goofy as poo poo and yet the manga and anime both do a fantastic job portraying him as utterly terrifying

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

van fem posted:

I agree, seeing him earlier in the episode deflates the sense of anticipation that is so critical to the phone scene.

I actually thought that was really funny. It's one of those typical ultra badass pick-up-the-phone scenes from one of Liam Neeson's films, but then you remember that Saitama was just hitching a ride on Rider's bicycle, and it all starts seeming a lot less cool.

jwang posted:

Also, the opening gets better every time as I notice more of the references to the side stories and future plot.

Yeah, the opening is really growing on me. Its hyper-serious tone keeps getting more ridiculous.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

And More posted:

I actually thought that was really funny. It's one of those typical ultra badass pick-up-the-phone scenes from one of Liam Neeson's films, but then you remember that Saitama was just hitching a ride on Rider's bicycle, and it all starts seeming a lot less cool.

That's just it, that's one of the moments where Saitama is supposed to be 100% cool.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sea King is amazingly menacing because of the goofy clown facepaint and heart nipples.

His powered up form is kinda lame looking in comparison. The above wouldn't work nearly as well with a generic fish monster.

Also Saitama's run :3:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Saitama holding the phone at the end and the bikini babe at the start are probably the closest the anime's gotten to equalling Murata's art

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Saitama holding the phone at the end and the bikini babe at the start are probably the closest the anime's gotten to equalling Murata's art

i thought they just copy pasted the panels and then colored them

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I almost half-remember something about Saitama watching this start on television and then going out to help and realizing 'oh wait, I don't know where they went now' and then he picks up LR's phone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It should cut out at Sea King going :aaa:

• Locked thread