Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/gallery/2k7aAAm

Walmart, bastion of the sjw agenda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Tetracube posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/2k7aAAm

Walmart, bastion of the sjw agenda

Is it commonplace in America for clerks to mouth off to customers without losing their jobs?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Borden posted:

Is it commonplace in America for clerks to mouth off to customers without losing their jobs?

If fantasy straw man arguments count, then yes.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah this absolutely never did happen ever. But making posts about being attacked by a rabid sjw is one of the easier ways to earn imgur's approval.

Also yay new title :neckbeard:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Borden posted:

Could have been a customer. My sister actually did this once when some kid told her daughter she "couldn't be ironman, because ironman's a boy" she spent like ten minutes berating the kid's dad. My niece, because she's awesome, just hit the other kid with a foam thor hammer because no one's going to stop her from being ironman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that happened, that totally happened. Also, you were so enraged at the random SJW attack that you took a picture of her, and of course she looks like the stereotype of SJW that get's shared around.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Nov 21, 2015

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that happened, that totally happened. Also, you were so enraged at the random SJW attack that you took a picture of her, and of course she looks like the stereotype of SJW that get's shared around.

That picture is from a video of an argument on a street with a very angry feminist. Most versions don't have much context, and she verbally shuts the guy down with a lot of the language MRAs like to make fun of feminists for. Any time you ask one of them for proof their strawmen actually exist, that's one of the first and only things they'll respond with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Practical Demon posted:

That picture is from a video of an argument on a street with a very angry feminist. Most versions don't have much context, and she verbally shuts the guy down with a lot of the language MRAs like to make fun of feminists for. Any time you ask one of them for proof their strawmen actually exist, that's one of the first and only things they'll respond with.

Ah. Well, there's probably at least a few out there, like there's away at least a few accurate representations of every stereotype out there. Thing is, the MRA types act like there are hoards of women with dyed hair and large frame glasses ready to lurch out from behind every bush to yell at men who just want to be men.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

twistedmentat posted:

Ah. Well, there's probably at least a few out there, like there's away at least a few accurate representations of every stereotype out there. Thing is, the MRA types act like there are hoards of women with dyed hair and large frame glasses ready to lurch out from behind every bush to yell at men who just want to be men.

GBS 1.0

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's more GBS 2.0 when they basically let FYAD take over.

GBS was once, decent when it actually had rules.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

twistedmentat posted:

Rules are back on gbs,just fyi.

But the way it was before gbs 2.0 was just as bad as it was when it was fyad lite, just in a different direction.

But enough talking about idiots on antisocial media, let's talk social media.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
PYF is the best board because it's just a lax place to post things

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RFC2324 posted:

Rules are back on gbs,just fyi.

But the way it was before gbs 2.0 was just as bad as it was when it was fyad lite, just in a different direction.

But enough talking about idiots on antisocial media, let's talk social media.

I remembering GBS in like 2005 and stuff.

goose fleet posted:

PYF is the best board because it's just a lax place to post things

Yes, yes it is.

http://imgur.com/gallery/VEYWJ3v
What the hell? Well, I guess its not so bad as the person didn't post their ex's contact info, if she actually exists.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The comments are even worse. For being such die-hard Bernie supporters, Imgur sure likes to poo poo on min wage workers, huh.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

GBS 1.0 was tumblr before tumblr, where every post was met by some rabid psychopath waiting to rage at you because it's important to get offended about literally everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

canepazzo posted:

The comments are even worse. For being such die-hard Bernie supporters, Imgur sure likes to poo poo on min wage workers, huh.

They think Bernie is just Ron Paul 2.0. And I love this because its clearly making GBS threads on people that are losing their jobs by automation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

They think Bernie is just Ron Paul 2.0. And I love this because its clearly making GBS threads on people that are losing their jobs by automation.

Old people are still going to need a person face to face, don't worry. Cashiers aren't going anywhere yet.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Does it make it less lovely if you figure out these morons like the kiosks not because they are replacing low wage jobs but because they have crippling autism and can't interact with actual people?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Old people are still going to need a person face to face, don't worry. Cashiers aren't going anywhere yet.

Yeah, just look at most self-checkout sections in stores. There's usually a few people on staff not just to monitor people from cheating the system, but also to assist anyone having issues.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Skaw posted:

Yeah, just look at most self-checkout sections in stores. There's usually a few people on staff not just to monitor people from cheating the system, but also to assist anyone having issues.

My grocery store put in self-check registers, then ripped them out six months later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skaw posted:

Besides that, people still have to cook the food after the message is sent anyway.

kazil posted:

Does it make it less lovely if you figure out these morons like the kiosks not because they are replacing low wage jobs but because they have crippling autism and can't interact with actual people?

I think it's pretty convenient if you're just grabbing a few things and trying to get out fast. :shrug:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I think it's pretty convenient if you're just grabbing a few things and trying to get out fast. :shrug:

The kiosks are slower than ordering from the cashier.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

The kiosks are slower than ordering from the cashier.

Oh no, I meant a grocery store.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I meant a grocery store.

Gotcha. For that I agree.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

canepazzo posted:

That looks like its credit card only meaning youd still need people for cash orders

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly the sooner we can cut human beings out of every day transactions the better. Until they got those automatic change machines I would have to explain to nearly every cashier why I was handing them an additional $0.06 when I bought something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Solice Kirsk posted:

Honestly the sooner we can cut human beings out of every day transactions the better. Until they got those automatic change machines I would have to explain to nearly every cashier why I was handing them an additional $0.06 when I bought something.

And will you pay for their retraining and EI benefits?

Also, try to return something to an online store, have fun!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Haha this is a good one. Do you have a link to the idiot on Imgur who said it?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Everyone look what my awesome and hot wife did, right before I had sex with her

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

That's a man's handwriting.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

the very rare non-idiot on imgur posted:

You live alone, eh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hahah. Wow. As is said, that dude lives alone. That's woman's hand writing, and everything in that apartment screams "guy who lives alone" I know, because that's what my apartment looks like. Wel, without the knife. What is it with shut in nerds and loving knives?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sike Naw Im Fugin With You
~ a woman

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Did he write with marker in his dumb nerd-bait book for a fake imgur thing?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
That was so sad, even Imgur didn't believe it.

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
"God I love you" wrote the woman who was hiding a fallout 4 cd among her husbands toys.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Morally Inept has started posting memes on imgur? His depravity truly knows no limits.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Gaunab posted:

That's a man's handwriting.

Do not be a sexist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I thought that meme was all about admit things that people can relate to.

Will I fail my meme-exam tomorrow?

• Locked thread