Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oxidation
May 22, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

literally just Do Whatever to level your character. explore. do events. do story missions if you want. it's pretty open with things to do if you're leveling.

I'm seeing that I get scaled down a couple levels when I went to Queensdale (I'm a Norn). So hypothetically, doing every single 1-15 zone for all races would be a viable leveling plan? I'm not going to, but I noticed I was lagging behind the level recommendation for the Norn hearts. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Second raid boss is too hard, i'm quitting.

Who wants my stuff.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

oxidation posted:

I'm seeing that I get scaled down a couple levels when I went to Queensdale (I'm a Norn). So hypothetically, doing every single 1-15 zone for all races would be a viable leveling plan? I'm not going to, but I noticed I was lagging behind the level recommendation for the Norn hearts. :(

Yes. Your level downscales, but the rewards are appropriate for your real level.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

oxidation posted:

Yeah doing all the starter zones is perfectly fine. You get 10% of a level whenever you complete a map but it takes awhile to do that. The starter the zones themselves are pretty varied so they are not repetitive at least the first time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Second raid boss is too hard, i'm quitting.

Who wants my stuff.

me x10000000

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You already have half my poo poo anyway. I'm going to erect a statue of myself in the guild hall then jump off the cliff

With no glider :suicide:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

You already have half my poo poo anyway. I'm going to erect a statue of myself in the guild hall then jump off the cliff

With no glider :suicide:

oxidation
May 22, 2011
I bought HoT today and apparently I have to wait 4 days to use the AH. Why is that a thing? :/

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

oxidation posted:

I bought HoT today and apparently I have to wait 4 days to use the AH. Why is that a thing? :/

Brand new accounts have some anti-exploit restrictions on them in the first few days.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

Raids are awesome, I'm on the gw2 forum advocating for: DPS meters, difficulty modes, LFG system and leaderboards. So both casual players and hardcore players are against me.

I"m also reminding everyone of what happened to fractals (in 4 days time it will be 2 years since new content) dungeons (dead) sab (dead) and wvw (ignored) which is exactly what will happen to raids once they're finished.

I'm getting a bunch of angry whispers about it.

Just buy more gems man.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Mesmer also gets speed buff btw. Just need to spec Chronomancer.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
There was a good joint SFD-Goon raid today, almost had him.

The fight has some atrocious rng in it, much like fallen masks.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 21, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

i'm going to be hearing kes shouting CIRCLE in my dreams tonight.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Circle pylon right pylon right two more TWO MORE hey-o

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Playlist suggestion for Vale Guardian:

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
Someone probably did a dubstep song with a 'construct additional pylons' sample but I'm not looking that poo poo up

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Attention sfd, in 4 days 16 hours we will have access to the new guild armour recipes.

God only knows what mats they'll require.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

Visidan posted:

Attention sfd, in 4 days 16 hours we will have access to the new guild armour recipes.

God only knows what mats they'll require.

so long as it enables to me dump auric dust i'm happy

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Scribe 400 to make the label for the chest piece.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

1:15am Pacific and I have like 700ms ping and chat lag ingame, what the poo poo anet/internet.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
ISPs figured out that the "power" users responsible for most bandwidth were the only users active after midnight, and figured they could just throttle everyone aggressively around then to save money.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Actually armour is in 3 days woops.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

ISPs figured out that the "power" users responsible for most bandwidth were the only users active after midnight, and figured they could just throttle everyone aggressively around then to save money.

This is what I get for staying up late :saddowns:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

1:15am Pacific and I have like 700ms ping and chat lag ingame, what the poo poo anet/internet.

somethings wrong with the thing that makes the guild server work which somehow slows down the rest of the game???

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

somethings wrong with the thing that makes the guild server work which somehow slows down the rest of the game???

https://youtu.be/e9aHfg5U0Rw

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Someone fax me some of them things you get from guild missions now

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Dreggon posted:

Sounds reasonable, the game is perfectly playable in small groups, situations where the information about which guild a player is in would be only slightly queried, but then at larger events where it would be queried quite a lot it all goes to poo poo or at least it does for me. Could be some error from the guild server somehow choking a connection and causing people to lag out

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/20/level3_outages_reported_in_us/

The quick solution is to use a SSH tunnel.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I want to make my berserker condition/burning focused. There were a couple of builds posted earlier in the thread but I can't find them again.

Going for sword/torch and longbow for weapons I think. Does anyone mind posting the builds again? Thanks.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Maybe they should change the Mistward Headwrap requirement from Chak Gerent to something people actually do, because I this rate I'll never get the drat thing.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Generic Octopus posted:

Maybe they should change the Mistward Headwrap requirement from Chak Gerent to something people actually do, because I this rate I'll never get the drat thing.

Luckily it's the most replaceable piece since the starting headwraps don't look much different.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ebola Dog posted:

I want to make my berserker condition/burning focused. There were a couple of builds posted earlier in the thread but I can't find them again.

Going for sword/torch and longbow for weapons I think. Does anyone mind posting the builds again? Thanks.

I don't remember what the pro traits are, but it's something like arms/discipline/berserker for stuff on crit and better burst skills/recharge

Also cool and of note, zerker sword burst doesn't root you like the regular one does, as well as being ranged and hella burny

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Someone probably did a dubstep song with a 'construct additional pylons' sample but I'm not looking that poo poo up
There's always https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSWdj4izHM

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I want to play the raid but my mother managed to accidently make me get her christmas present early. I was gonna help her pick out a pair of headphones after work but she heard about a doxin-chihuahua puppy this one place had so of course she had to go look at it and so on. So I've been helping her get everything ready for it because we bought it on the spot, including late night dogstore raids for bowels and a kennel as well as taking said kennel back because it was too small.

So now I'm playing catchup with some chores, but unlike a responsible adult I'm probably gonna skip it and log in as soon as I get home. I can theorycraft until then though. I had an idea of using my necro in a full rabid set to apply condition damage, boon stripping and toughness tanking. Someone in guild chat mentioned that they had a rabid necro along and the damage they brought wasn't enough. So I'm planning on switching to viper (exotic only or if it's that expensive I'll go with sinister) with some dire pieces to maintain aggro/survivability. I've been playing my condi necro recently to get back into it for raiding, but I can't help feel that scepter just isn't going to cut it, despite being pretty much a condi only weapon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can't mention a puppy and not post a picture man. :colbert:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Alteisen posted:

You can't mention a puppy and not post a picture man. :colbert:

Generic Octopus posted:

Got it like my first chak kill in the depths. I actually like that place, seems really neat.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

Got it like my first chak kill in the depths. I actually like that place, seems really neat.

Its 100% droprate I'm pretty sure, the problem is actually getting the kill.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

AzureSkye posted:

Its 100% droprate I'm pretty sure, the problem is actually getting the kill.

Yea, it's guaranteed. The problem is getting 4 lanes that all succeed. 4-5 attempts this week and it gets hosed every time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sprite141 posted:

Ah its so cute. :swoon:

And it sucks how that Chak event is no failure, any lane fucks up and its over.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ebola Dog posted:

I posted this a while back (although I've swapped some runes and gear around a little bit) but I've actually had time to try it out now and the 100% duration on both bleeding and burning is hilarious:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCukCcigFoA7oJEASZKHhL3Q4t1Wb3tA-ThCuwAaeCAL3fQm5Jh6DErMQq6PbOFAAUCmxEDIlekCYRlVA-e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.

That is one cute dog.

• Locked thread