Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
also none of you have seen how the xbox one manages to gently caress up data storage by making it mandatory to redownload the same thing twice for a digital game where as the physical copy does not need to do that for a patch. You can't cancel out of it, they have made two separate patches for each version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

All taint reapers reap taints.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

none of us have seen that because nobody owns an xbox one

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You see my confusion arose when I thought the Xenoblade Chronicles X disc install on the physical copy was a standard feature, but no it's not you have to actually rip it with highly illegal programs. :colbert:

So I was assuming you could do a full install like many other games allowed you to on other systems and not need the disc after the first use.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Highly illegal programs like the eShop

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

Highly illegal programs like the eShop

Nah you can rip full games to the wii-u already it's been broken open like that for months. I blame the poor AR translation app on my phone.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

How much does the VA get paid to do this.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jarogue posted:

How much does the VA get paid to do this.

it depends because it's probably a VA they already use for other voices.

Like Mario's VA dude does 4 other mario guys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please stop posting dumb obviously factually incorrect things to get goons to reply to you because everyone loves correcting people.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shy Guy is voiced by Nate Bihldorff, whose main actual job is senior localization manager. So it's not a professional VA, just someone from the office who has a funny noise he can make, because that's all they need.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nolan North voices all video game characters

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

peach's va voices toad and toadette

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mercury Crusader posted:

Nolan North voices all video game characters

But only I voice Nolan North.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

New pic of the NX, the mobile handheld part.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
why do i keep falling for poo poo, i don't get it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this is art

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

noirstronaut posted:

why do i keep falling for poo poo, i don't get it

something something wet paper and black pepper

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

Mario's VA voices the Dragon in Skyrim

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I thought that was Randy Savage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ohhhhh yeeeeeah!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Any good Super Mario Maker Black Friday sales coming up? Like, sub-$30 deals? I kinda want it but don't give a gently caress enough to pay more than that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

:awesome:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sharrrk posted:

And Zoe from Left4Dead.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can look for interviews with toad's voice actor on youtube but all you get are clips of a fitness model with giant boobs :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*opens YouTube*

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mario's VA voices the Dragon in Skyrim

This is especially amazing when you factor the horrifying opener to Super Mario Galaxy. Why didn't he just stick to "Itsa me, Mario!"?

My favorite personal find on voice actors was Ashley from RE4 being Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

enojy posted:

Any good Super Mario Maker Black Friday sales coming up? Like, sub-$30 deals? I kinda want it but don't give a gently caress enough to pay more than that.

Target will give you a $15 gift card with a SMM purchase, but that's the only thing I've seen.
Also I'm going out on thanksgiving to get a Wii U, I'm pretty excited. Is it worth getting Hyrule Warriors if I've already got the One Piece/ Dynasty Warrions spinoff? Also, which is the better platformer, 3D world or Wooly World?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is enough of it's own beast to make it worthwhile.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

Target will give you a $15 gift card with a SMM purchase, but that's the only thing I've seen.
Also I'm going out on thanksgiving to get a Wii U, I'm pretty excited. Is it worth getting Hyrule Warriors if I've already got the One Piece/ Dynasty Warrions spinoff? Also, which is the better platformer, 3D world or Wooly World?

3d World is overall better imo but both are very good. Woolly World's gameplay is totally 2d if that's more your bag

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

The Silver Snail posted:

Also, which is the better platformer, 3D world or Wooly World?

They're both great, but one is 3D and the other is 2D so it's just a matter of whether you want a 3D interpretation of a 2D Mario game or you want a finally good Yoshi's Island sequel.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hyrule Warriors is enough of it's own beast to make it worthwhile.

I guess maybe I've should have asked, "is it significantly more fun." The One Piece one is alright, but I guess running around in 3D environments beating up dudes for hours isn't really my main bag. I'll probably skip HW for now.

Also I'm gonna go for 3D world for the obligatory new console mario game and then Mario Maker for 2D platforming. Is there anything else I need to consider? Does the wii U have any hidden gems that aren't in the OP?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Did they seriously pull a Sega Saturn/Dreamcast snaffu where a single game will take up 99% of your storage space in the year 2015?

What I'm getting here is that you're trying to buy digital games for the WiiU without getting external storage? Seems like a poor idea. That option is there for a reason.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

The Silver Snail posted:

Get Super Mario Maker first and foremost; it is basically an infinite platformer.

Hyrule Warriors is worth it if you like Zelda at all. You can spend 200 hours on that game and still have only unlocked 20% of everything there is to get. The DLC (which is pretty cool) will have you playing till the end of time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

3D World.

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015

Jarogue posted:

3D World.

Yea the only thing difficult about Wolly World is just finding everything in every level. 3D world is much better.

Also why isn't this thread just everyone geeking over Xenoblade Chronicles X the GOTY.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

BearsAreBros posted:

Also why isn't this thread just everyone geeking over Xenoblade Chronicles X the GOTY.

Because it's not out in English yet...?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

BearsAreBros posted:

because the main reason I played through XC is the story and I heard the story in XCX is kinda weak

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This month is going to be pretty dry for the time being.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Silver Snail posted:

Mario 3-D World is an incredible game. I very strongly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

because the main reason I played through XC is the story and I heard the story in XCX is kinda weak

I enjoyed xenoblade for the environments, the music, the voice acting, and figuring out cool combat strategies. Hopefully the new one is good

• Locked thread