Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's the troll here?

Tiggum wanted to know about a fashion game he could play. Didn't derail the thread that badly :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

''Hey why would a sequel to a game re-use most of the songs from the previous game?''
''Actually I don't mind listening to the same poo poo again.''

This is why everything is terrible.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ravenkult posted:

''Hey why would a sequel to a game re-use most of the songs from the previous game?''
''Actually I don't mind listening to the same poo poo again.''

This is why everything is terrible.

Truly, people liking things is the cancer killing gaming.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Hey I bought Fallout 4 on eBay but the package I received was actually Fallout 3. Good thing I really liked Fallout 3, now I can play it again.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sleeveless posted:

Truly, people liking things is the cancer killing gaming.

It's sequels straight-up reusing content with no changes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im fine with the songs but calling 4 the same as 3 based solely on that is really overblowing it.

In fact I have the radio off most times since the music actually made for FO4 is pretty good.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im fine with the songs but calling 4 the same as 3 based solely on that is really overblowing it.

In fact I have the radio off most times since the music actually made for FO4 is pretty good.

Is it Inon Zur again?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah this is getting into "changing swimming ruined Majora's Mask" territory.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mycot posted:

Yeah this is getting into "changing swimming ruined Majora's Mask" territory.

I didn't even know that was a thing but google shows me people melting down because it "interferes with my speed runs"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
And going into VATS in Fallout 3 uses the exact same sound effect as it did in 2, which just lazily copied it from 1! Don't even get me started on recycling that "War. War never changes." line for like 5 games. Who are you trying to fool, Bethesda?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not to mention they've still been using an engine that first saw use in 2001!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

like half the background locational music in Fallout: New Vegas is just reused from Fallout 1-2

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sleeveless posted:

And going into VATS in Fallout 3 uses the exact same sound effect as it did in 2, which just lazily copied it from 1! Don't even get me started on recycling that "War. War never changes." line for like 5 games. Who are you trying to fool, Bethesda?

I.....what? I realize you're trying to make a point, however absolutely retarded it is on the face of it, but there was no VATS in 1 or 2.

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
Pretty sure they mean the going into combat noise

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Turn in your Fallout card Ryoshi. :colbert:

Alaois posted:

like half the background locational music in Fallout: New Vegas is just reused from Fallout 1-2

Not to mention how New Vegas, like Majora's Mask, exists to reuse assets.

Len posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing but google shows me people melting down because it "interferes with my speed runs"

It really is a great example of spin doctoring because people made it out to be a huge deal that drastically changes the game's atmosphere, gameplay, and plot and it's actually kinda convincing on paper. But when you play the game you realize who the gently caress spends most of their time in a Zelda game swimming of all things.

Actual content: Dungeon of the Endless starts with two difficulty modes, Very Easy and Easy. It might take you until beating your first game to realize but those are the ONLY difficulty modes in the entire game.

mycot has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Nov 21, 2015

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
It's 12 out of 37 songs. On one radio station.

There's still 25 other songs on that station that were licensed just for Fallout 4.

That's almost twice as many as were on the equivalent New Vegas station, and 5 more than were on the equivalent Fallout 3 station.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The greatest toll in video games is the people who play them trolling themselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean, it even makes sense in universe. It's not like there's going to be a giant catalog of music for these stations to run

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Opopanax posted:

I mean, it even makes sense in universe. It's not like there's going to be a giant catalog of music for these stations to run

It did kill me in New Vegas when the Kings had a borderline fourth wall breaking line about how they couldn't get any of the Elvis music to work.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The "real" reason for no Elvis was something ridiculous like one of his songs costing more than every other track put together, wasn't it?

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

The Kings mention the tapes stopped working, and they sold them to a traveling junk merchant. So maybe there could be a new sect of Kings in like Kentucky who bought and fixed them? I want more Kings.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

poptart_fairy posted:

The "real" reason for no Elvis was something ridiculous like one of his songs costing more than every other track put together, wasn't it?

Yeah that's p.much it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

There's still 25 other songs on that station that were licensed just for Fallout 4.

That's almost twice as many as were on the equivalent New Vegas station, and 5 more than were on the equivalent Fallout 3 station.

Wanna see dat list.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

10 of which are a combination count of Mighty, Mighty Man and Butcher Pete.

Really the big issue with Fallout 3, NV, and 4's radio stations are that we've seen that vaults have contained musicians, or existed entirely to specifically house musicians as was the case with Vault 92, and music and holo-tape production had survived the war in general. Hell you can even get a guitarist a job in New Vegas. So why are these radio stations also not playing original music? I really don't think it would cost too much more over licensing to hire some amateur or independent musicians to put together some pieces for the games, keeping the same 40s/50s style.

Agatha's station from 3 was pretty good, if limited on original composition, but entirely optional and missable.

Skaw has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Nov 21, 2015

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I want the next Fallout game to drop the 50's conceit entirely, and the first NPC you meet glares at you sternly and says, "It's been HUNDREDS OF YEARS. Dubstep's time is now."

And then Super Mutant Ron Pearlman smashes his way out of a nearby vault and slaughters him while screaming "MUSIC. MUSIC NEVER CHANGES."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skaw posted:

Agatha's station from 3 was pretty good, if limited on original composition, but entirely optional and missable.

I always did Agatha's questline. Even if I was playing an evil bastard I helped the little old lady get a violin because it meant more radio stations.

Also there is some entirely new music in Fallout 4. Lynda Carter plays a nightclub singer and has four songs written especially for the game. They turn up on Diamond City Radio after you visit the Third Rail in Goodneighbor.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Nov 22, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I always did Agatha's questline. Even if I was playing an evil bastard I helped the little old lady get a violin because it meant more radio stations.

Also there is some entirely new music in Fallout 4. Lynda Carter plays a nightclub singer and has four songs written especially for the game. They turn up on Diamond City Radio after you visit the Third Rail in Goodneighbor.

New Vegas had some original* songs that were sung by Ropekid.

*covers with Fallout lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9izIDhFgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdjsPGN4zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8vIPT1ZdaQ

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Skaw posted:

10 of which are a combination count of Mighty, Mighty Man and Butcher Pete.

I almost want to learn how to mod this game just so I can put in a dialogue chain that lets you intimidate the DJ into stop repeating your least favorite songs. I would listen to diamond city radio, but every time I turn it on Mighty, Mighty Man plays within three songs and it drives me loving nuts.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

And this one which I don't think is a cover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlcDvqpV5w

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Nuebot posted:

I almost want to learn how to mod this game just so I can put in a dialogue chain that lets you intimidate the DJ into stop repeating your least favorite songs. I would listen to diamond city radio, but every time I turn it on Mighty, Mighty Man plays within three songs and it drives me loving nuts.

I think I've heard Rocket 69 69 times now. It's pretty bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gently caress mighty mighty man and butcher pete. Ugh.

The classical station is a nice addition but I don't like that it has things like ride of the valkyries which are tonally different from almost everything else on the station. It will be good when the mod tools come out and people can make their own stations again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PACK, WHACK, COPPIN' THAT BEEF.

Kill me right loving bow.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Inzombiac posted:

PACK, WHACK, COPPIN' THAT BEEF.

Kill me right loving bow.

I like Butcher Pete. :shobon:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The classical station is a nice addition but I don't like that it has things like ride of the valkyries which are tonally different from almost everything else on the station. It will be good when the mod tools come out and people can make their own stations again.

I hope it's easier this time around. I didn't bother with any of the ones in 3 or NV because it was so convoluted to get them to work that the few times I tried, I could never get them to work at all so I gave the gently caress up.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Gestalt Intellect posted:

That, and Ride plays when you launch the ghouls into space in NV so it's just kind of...silly.

The violin station in 3 owned and I'd have liked for it to be more like that, but meh. I'll take what I can get.

TopHatGenius posted:

I like Butcher Pete. :shobon:

I can't hate on it. I burned a CD of FO3 music for my grandparents and my grandpa loves that song. :3:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Butcher Pete loving owns

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

13Pandora13 posted:

That, and Ride plays when you launch the ghouls into space in NV so it's just kind of...silly.

The violin station in 3 owned and I'd have liked for it to be more like that, but meh. I'll take what I can get.

The (not really a spoiler) minuteman station in fallout 4 comes very close but it's interrupted every ingame hour by the same two variations of "nothing to report".

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Butcher Pete loving owns

It's about a dude slaying pussy from the 40s, it's hilarious

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Ryoshi posted:

I.....what? I realize you're trying to make a point, however absolutely retarded it is on the face of it, but there was no VATS in 1 or 2.

There is - you can select which part of the enemy you want to target during combat, it's by left clicking, irc. The game just never outright tells you :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I hope it's easier this time around. I didn't bother with any of the ones in 3 or NV because it was so convoluted to get them to work that the few times I tried, I could never get them to work at all so I gave the gently caress up.

I made a mod for new vegas which is as easy-as-I-can-make-it customizable radio station mod. Search for SimpleStation on the new vegas nexus if you're interested.

• Locked thread