Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Bush dropping before Iowa is all the way up to $.30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Necc0 posted:

Bush dropping before Iowa is all the way up to $.30

Is there really any way that he drops out before Iowa? It's slightly over 2 months, with a lot of that time eaten up by holidays. Sure he's still hosed in the polls, but that doesn't seem like much time for Jeb! to realize it's over.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Rasmussen just posted to RCP. Looks like O'Malley may take the lead for biggest bump. No reaction yet in the market.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gyges posted:

Is there really any way that he drops out before Iowa? It's slightly over 2 months, with a lot of that time eaten up by holidays. Sure he's still hosed in the polls, but that doesn't seem like much time for Jeb! to realize it's over.

He's already announced a blitzkrieg starting mid-December and if it's an actual nationwide ad-campaign it'll take longer than the Iowa primary to see the results. There's no way he's out before Iowa

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Rasmussen just posted to RCP. Looks like O'Malley may take the lead for biggest bump. No reaction yet in the market.

This market is now swinging. Tons of money to be made in Hill No right now.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Mother Fucker! I just got scared and sold for what I paid at 36

I'm quite heavily invested in John Bell Edwards. I'm going to be on pins and needles all day.

User Error has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Nov 21, 2015

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Thanks for the quick post. Someone filled my Buy Clinton No at 50 cents so I'm going to make a nice little profit on this.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gyges posted:

No but there will probably be a few events along the way that bump those NO shares up so you can sell for a tidy profit.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Reminder: Make sure you have enough liquidity to take advantage of an opportunity should it come up. I could have bought a ton more of these if the vast majority of my money hadn't been tied up:

(also, brag post)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vox Nihili posted:

Man. There's only a few more days so I'm tempted to ride this to the end but I could just sell out now with a very nice profit. UGGGHHHHFGHJDFSIGHSDFOGHJSFDOL

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah I should bail while I can. gently caress polls. This is still way too close to risk everything I've made so far. Know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I should bail while I can. gently caress polls. This is still way too close to risk everything I've made so far. Know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

I think that's probably the right move. One thing I've noticed is that the prices tend to spike after a big swing, then settle back down. If you can sell at the height of the spike you can get really good deals.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Necc0 posted:

A good call. You'll need your money for the panic that's about to ensue tonight in LA Gov :getin:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Vox Nihili posted:

I think that's probably the right move. One thing I've noticed is that the prices tend to spike after a big swing, then settle back down. If you can sell at the height of the spike you can get really good deals.

Yup. Just sold. 250% return :D

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'm paying way too close attention to this election to not profit off it.

First buy: Bush staying in beyond Iowa.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Commenters are going ham on Bush dropping before Iowa. I went ahead and used my Dem debate winnings to buy in on Bush-No but I feel like these guys are going to push it even further. Will probably hold on to tonight's LA winnings to buy into Bush-No again when it drops even further.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Really hoping the Louisiana market spooks further so I can justify hopping back in.

Edit: Something like 50/50 or 60/40 would be great, and there are a ton of hard-R partisan commentators pushing things in that direction right now.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Nov 21, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol I bought into LA GOV DEM YES at the beginning for .80 thinking it was a lock. I still think it is, but dang

liquidity is super important

edit i've also got a ton of YES on Jeb dropping before Iowa because I think it'll spike in the next few weeks. imo there will be calls very soon to consolidate the establishment vote to take on Trump

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 21:12 on Nov 21, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does anyone know what the standing of the Republicans is now for the debate markets? Is Cruz still way up in comparison to everyone else?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

At this point I don't feel comfortable betting against Jeb! being an incompetent fuccboi at any price.

No on Trump polling at 27% is going for less than 75c when he's currently at 24.6 and hasn't hit 27 since the first of the month. This might stay undervalues for a while, there's a lot of :byodood: ONLINE POLLS :byodood: in the comments.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well alright, I'm up $20 today. That's not too bad at all with only $50 invested.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I don't think there's going to be a lot of spook in the la governor market, looks like the sos site is showing Edwards ahead as predicted and the Republican YES market is tanking. There's probably money to be made but 2 risky 4 did guy.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
The Louisiana Governor market has rebounded. hmm... what to do...

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

watwat posted:

The Louisiana Governor market has rebounded. hmm... what to do...

I saw that. I can't figure out if this is based on actual new information though.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I sold out of LA gov because I had a bunch of Dem.YES. I know I lose out on that last 5%, but I'd rather take 95% now than risk losing it in a Republican upset. Still think Edwards is gonna pull it out, but we'll see.

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

I sold out of LA gov because I had a bunch of Dem.YES. I know I lose out on that last 5%, but I'd rather take 95% now than risk losing it in a Republican upset. Still think Edwards is gonna pull it out, but we'll see.

Good call - I did the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgjnkHtHyHg

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

Me too. I sold at 97. I had a 71 basis. I am happy leaving the last 10% on the table if it means I can pull 90% off the table.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Made a cool $65 :coal: Suck it Vitter.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
JBE's poll numbers are going down the tiniest bit. With luck this will continue and there will be some last minute scraps to grab.

E: Screw it, grabbed some Yes R's at 1c a bit earlier and was able to sell for 2 just now, that's a happy profit.

fronz has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Nov 22, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

quote:

9:10 p.m.: It's pretty much official now, as the Associated Press joins the chorus calling the gubernatorial election for John Bel Edwards. Read our full story here.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fronz posted:

JBE's poll numbers are going down the tiniest bit. With luck this will continue and there will be some last minute scraps to grab.

E: Screw it, grabbed some Yes R's at 1c a bit earlier and was able to sell for 2 just now, that's a happy profit.

Even when the writing is on the wall we can still squeeze the breitbots

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's the deal with the FBN debate winner market? It's 30 cents for Trump YES, even though he's had a decrease of .2%.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Edwards' victory is good, and I think people overstated the Kentucky outcome since it had a real shortage of good polling going into election day. The LA race was way better polled, even with the last minute terrorist attacks to add some uncertainty.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wanamingo posted:

What's the deal with the FBN debate winner market? It's 30 cents for Trump YES, even though he's had a decrease of .2%.

Trump is currently the new Biden.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Nov 22, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Trump Bump No is currently at 72 Buy/24 Sell if you want to try and buy in at sub 30.

Edit: Turns out ABC just upended the market with a new poll of Trump at 32, Cruz at 8

Gyges has issued a correction as of 06:25 on Nov 22, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

Trump Bump No is currently at 72 Buy/24 Sell if you want to try and buy in at sub 30.

Edit: Turns out ABC just upended the market with a new poll of Trump at 32, Cruz at 8

What the gently caress

I just lost $35 :mad:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Usually polls are released in the morning. That was weird. They may want to get the full jump on the Sunday roundtables.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Trump NO on hitting 27 utterly collapsed, under 50, which is weird as he hasn't it that since the beginning of the month and presumably after Paris candidates with foreign policy should be favored.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, Trump 27+ is all over the place. People are putting a lot of stock in that 32 poll. Any hope in that not posting on RCP in time for the end of the debate market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RCP dumped a few polls, so the current ones may stick around awhile.

My uncle who works at the RNC gave me a hot tip, though. Don't bet on polls.

• Locked thread