Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Honestly I'm just happy if the really hype shogun wins because that's the best portrait in there. No emos allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

GeneralYeti posted:

...well, gently caress. That's fantastic. Don't get the reference, but it's still fantastic.

oh good someone finally asked so i can link this without feeling like an rear end in a top hat

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I should've made my entry rhyme. :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 20, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SC Bracer posted:

Honestly I'm just happy if the really hype shogun wins because that's the best portrait in there. No emos allowed.

actually you know what i agree

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
While we wait for the Shogun results, I looked in the Extra section of the EO3 artbook, and felt that everyone should witness the majesty of this panel from a comic in that section:

I don't know what's better, the complete contrast in style between the War Magus and Gunner, the ice cream with a snowman face on top of the War Magus's staff, or the fact that Gunners apparently consider just taking off their jackets swimwear

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Don't expect any results for a while. Probably like a few days or a week? I'm gonna be pretty busy doing other stuff.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I am honestly surprised no one's tried to remake Fetus' warmagus from the EO2 LP into Shogun #3 pallet 2. :/

In fact, I am frankly disappointed.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well come now, reusing the same character just because they look the same? That'd just be drab.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

cdyoung posted:

I am honestly surprised no one's tried to remake Fetus' warmagus from the EO2 LP into Shogun #3 pallet 2. :/

In fact, I am frankly disappointed.

I thought that's what this was a reference to.

Kemix posted:

Name: Hamua
Portrait: Alternate 3

History: A well traveled explorer from cross the world, the man in front of you has seen things that would make lesser mortals vomit in terror, wet themselves in fear...And, most importantly...BLEED FOR HIM. *ahem* This man has seen many things before deciding to work for the Senatus and more or less settling in Armorad as one of their Shogun, working up from being a "Ronin" of another side of the world. Thing is, his work for them became...dull. Boring. And most importantly...not getting him as much blood to drink that he would normally have when roaming across the world. Nobody is sure WHERE this lust for blood came from. Though there -always- seems to be this 'glint' in his eyes, as if sizing one up for a meal. Either way, joining with the explorers that took care of the Gatekeeper, hanging what looks to be a golden chalice from his belt, and looking for powerful foes to drain the blood from and drink for more power.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Assuming no one else comes in with a submission, I might toss up a vote eventually. Kind of having a hard time deciding which one I want to go with, and may throw up a poll of the choices I've narrowed it down to later on.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The obvious answer is to just have Kujura join our party as the Shogun representative to disregard all democracy.

On a serious note, the Gatekeeper looks cool as heck and I think it's a shame that the Recurring Giant Robot role goes to Golem, who does not look as cool.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, it doesn't look like there are gonna be any more Shogun submissions, so CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! It was pretty hard to pick the one I liked the most, but I decided that character that's making it in is:

alcharagia posted:

Name: Muneshige
Portrait: Normal 1

Formerly a mildly popular cover artist of 80's rock ballads with a prospensity for swordplay, Muneshige's life took a drastic twist when his arm was replaced after a near-death run-in-

Oh, why don't I let the man himself tell you about it?

"God or demon, what am I?
It's time for me to choose my path.
The power of my Blood Lance
no evil-doer will get past.

Sword to blade or hilt to fist,
Myouj'your nuts or twist your wrist.
The moon makes Magatoki strong
so trust me or you won't last very long.

Fusillade your rear end into the Milky Way! (MILKY WAY!)
Don't act like you don't like the Blitz Command! (BLITZ COMMAND!)
My arm, my arm, my arm, my arm, my arm, my arm
I summon up the powers of the Blood Lance!

Lost a limb in a fight,
but don't worry, babe, I'll be cool.
The power to Endure by a thread
is now my secret tool.

Rear Dignity is impregnable,
Fore Honor is impetuous.
If it's too much I'll beat a quick Retreat,
I'll loose Kaishaku when you feel the heat!

Can't bind me 'cause my Spirit's Unified! (UNIFIED!)
Apocalyptic beatdowns from the Blood Lance! (BLOOD LANCE!)
I summon up the powers of the Blood Lance!

Daifuhensha! Ambush Stance!
Who's next? Don't be a fool.
Hyperactive Two-Sword style,
so slick it will make FOEs drool.

The Blood Lance helps me work out my stress;
it's overpowering I must confess.
The only person who it doesn't work on
is that girl I really want to date, the MEGAQUEEN!

Slicing through thugs with my 5-Ring! (5-RING!)
More beheading than a guillotine, Warrior Might! (WARRIOR MIGHT!)
I summon up the powers of the BLOOD LANCE!"

:swoon:

:geno: No.

But-

No.

...Not that one, sorry. Nice reference, though. The winner is...

Shogun:

Ragnar Homsar with Charlotte!

I will mention that RareAcumen's Cassidy and Theantro's Bobsons were also ones I narrowed it down to, but Ragnar Homsar's submission won out in the end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Second time's the charm, no?

So it would seem!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So it would seem!

seems like writing that instead of finishing up the rough draft of my stats project at midnight was a good use of my time

holy poo poo

(I did finish it after posting Charlotte)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
No... impossible! Think of all the hilarious joke's! I CAN'T HERE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A :golfclap: for the winner.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
(i'm glad of this result, i wanted charlotte to win)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, congrats. :)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

alcharagia posted:

No... impossible! Think of all the hilarious joke's! I CAN'T HERE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

fafnir activates force mode and i dunno

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, it doesn't look like there are gonna be any more Shogun submissions, so CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! It was pretty hard to pick the one I liked the most, but I decided that character that's making it in is:

Ragnar Homsar with Charlotte!

I will mention that RareAcumen's Cassidy and Theantro's Bobsons were also ones I narrowed it down to, but Ragnar Homsar's submission won out in the end.

Yeah, honorable mention! :dance:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

RareAcumen posted:

If nothing else, the honorable mentions prove that there is no need to be discouraged from making submissions because of bandwagons and well written effortposts. Like, my submission was three sentences.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Theantero posted:

If nothing else, the honorable mentions prove that there is no need to be discouraged from making submissions because of bandwagons and well written effortposts. Like, my submission was three sentences.

I'm certainly not! So rumors of Alice being able to take fire tiger's heads off by tickling their neck extremely well or Cassandra blocking a golem punch so powerfully its arm shattered into dust that then blinded it won't spread across Armoroad. I wanna see how this newest member of The DK Crew the exploring team plays off everyone!

Also, this is my roadblock and I really need help with the boss of the fourth floor and beyond.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Argh, so close to the super-hype face too. Oh well, :golfclap: to Ragnar Homsar.

I expect a bonus update of Charlotte's journal at some point, Dr. Fetus

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Obviously I'll just have to grasp the Yggdroid with my own two hands.

*does pushing-up-glasses gesture, light glints* you'll see... my keikaku will prevail... kuhahahahahaha...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Who said they were just honorable mentions? ;)

RareAcumen posted:

Also, this is my roadblock and I really need help with the boss of the fourth floor and beyond.

It depends on if you took the Armoroad or Deep City path. If you're on the Deep City path, I can't help you at all. I'm covering what happens on the Armoroad path, so I might be able to help you there.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Dr. Fetus posted:

So what boss are we going to see demolished by Warrior Might? :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ragnar Homsar posted:

So what boss are we going to see demolished by Warrior Might? :v:

You mean besides "Every Boss we let Fetus bring Charlotte to"?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

warrior might is strong but you need to build around it a bit to -really- do what's advertised

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Hivac posted:

warrior might is strong but you need to build around it a bit to -really- do what's advertised
Even without that it's still enough to crush the maingame as long as you have one S/B (this was the party that I won at level 46 with, for the record).

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Supremezero posted:

You mean besides "Every Boss we let Fetus bring Charlotte to"?

Please. Charlotte may be strong, but can she summon up the power of the Blood Lance?

wait poo poo

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

imagine a game with blood lance and also medical miracle

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I don't need to imagine it, it's coming in 2016 as Etrian Odyssey Untold 3: Ricky and Fafnir's Bogus Adventure.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hivac posted:

imagine a game with blood lance and also medical miracle

What if your Medic is the one the Shogun mercy kills, though? :v:

alcharagia posted:

I don't need to imagine it, it's coming in 2016 as Etrian Odyssey Untold 3: Ricky and Fafnir's Bogus Adventure.

(it's just an illustration Himukai drew for fun but still)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

N-no more games...!?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

OH MY GOD

quote:

It depends on if you took the Armoroad or Deep City path. If you're on the Deep City path, I can't help you at all. I'm covering what happens on the Armoroad path, so I might be able to help you there.

I am in fact on the superior path that gets you the hyooman.

Also, I have only just noticed that Shogun portraits are not them standing with a fist against their side while their other hand rests on the hilt of their katana but instead that both hands are on a katana hilt.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I have only just noticed that Shogun portraits are not them standing with a fist against their side while their other hand rests on the hilt of their katana but instead that both hands are on a katana hilt.

I had to look at the artbook illustrations to realize that. The sprite versions kind of make the gloves indistinct from the hilts.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
But seriously, the next EO game should include Fafnir, Monk, and subclassing so that I can make an F/M and do a solo run with that character for the true God Hand experience.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

alcharagia posted:

But seriously, the next EO game should include Fafnir, Monk, and subclassing so that I can make an F/M and do a solo run with that character for the true God Hand experience.

How would Fafnir even work in a game without the EO2U Force system?

Unless Transform becomes a Limit that anyone can use...actually you know what, that sounds loving cool as poo poo, make it happen, Atlus.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ragnar Homsar posted:

How would Fafnir even work in a game without the EO2U Force system?

Unless Transform becomes a Limit that anyone can use...actually you know what, that sounds loving cool as poo poo, make it happen, Atlus.

You mean Broke As poo poo.

... which is also standard for EO3, so make it happen, Atlus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

NO MORE NO MORE GIVE ME NO GAMES POWER GIVE ME NO MORE POWER GAMES and Bloody Fight starts playing over itself five times in true Guile's Theme fashion.

• Locked thread