Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sankis posted:

Judging by this loading screen it looks like more guns were planned but cut. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pistol that used .45 planned.

Though from my non-gun person point of view that one in particular looks like a russian or chinese pistol so it probably wasn't whatever that was.

A relative lack of weapons, especially coming off New Vegas which seemed to have a ton, is one of my biggest disappointments with the game. Even a couple higher end "Pipe gun" type weapons that were hugely moddable would have been nice.

Edit: God I loving loved in FONV that I could basically just be a revolver guy if I wanted.

This gun is in the game. It's a unique quest reward weapon and the only one of its kind, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Vargs posted:

Saw this post on reddit the other day which I found to be pretty interesting as well as incredibly :spergin:. Guy tested a bunch of stuff relating to legendary prefixes and resistances.

I don't necessarily agree that bleeding is -all- that good though. It can be great situationally but I've found that most enemies die long before the bleed dot can have much of an effect. Very limited usefulness when poo poo is dying in 1-2 hits. Could I hit something with a single bleed shotgun blast and then let the dot finish them off without taking a second shot? Sure, but gently caress that. I'm not gonna let him continue attacking me while he slowly dies just so I can conserve a single shell.

He says he has yet to find a Wounding Flamer.

I found one off a Legendary Super Mutant. It is indeed OP, and I use it to make Legendary Mirelirks my bitch on Survival difficulty. :getin: :unsmigghh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I like collecting suits from all the Vaults I visit and I haven't found a single one from other Vaults yet. They're just not there. Figured they'd be in a dresser or something. Bummer.

Sankis posted:

Judging by this loading screen it looks like more guns were planned but cut. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pistol that used .45 planned.

Though from my non-gun person point of view that one in particular looks like a russian or chinese pistol so it probably wasn't whatever that was.

A relative lack of weapons, especially coming off New Vegas which seemed to have a ton, is one of my biggest disappointments with the game. Even a couple higher end "Pipe gun" type weapons that were hugely moddable would have been nice.

Edit: God I loving loved in FONV that I could basically just be a revolver guy if I wanted.

That's a quest reward and uses 10mm. It's also loving awesome. It also comes to you more tricked out than that with a long barrel and extended clip. so to get it to look EXACTLY like that, you'd have to un-mod it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I had my collection of like 5 suits in Sanctuary when I fast traveled in to start doing some crafting, suddenly Gunners come in trying to raid the town despite all my missile launchers, etc. I guess they were mad I'd just hosed them over half of boston away. Then my settlers decided to rush into my suits and murder them. I didn't know they could do this

e-I should remove the fusion cores when safe keeping them

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I like collecting suits from all the Vaults I visit and I haven't found a single one from other Vaults yet. They're just not there. Figured they'd be in a dresser or something. Bummer.

That's a quest reward and uses 10mm. It's also loving awesome. It also comes to you more tricked out than that with a long barrel and extended clip. so to get it to look EXACTLY like that, you'd have to un-mod it.

The one in downtown Boston (the mostly empty one) has a bunch. 113 I think.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

The Thompson-style SMG runs off .45. So does Spray n Pray.

The combat rifle is my standard plinker cause I've got a comfortable 800+ rounds of ammo for it and it one-shots enough enemies that I can be pretty conservative with ammo usage. Probably gonna aim to get myself a .308 receiver for it since I stopped using that when I got my .50 sniper so I've got a ton lying around. I'll use Spray n Pray if I need to gently caress something up from a farther distance than I would with Le Fusil Terribles.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

randombattle posted:

The "combat rifle" is a carbine. The assault rifle is a different gun and is chambered for 5.56.

The "assault rifle" is also based on a machine gun and is semi-auto by default.

Bethesda doesn't know anything about guns, oh well.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

New Leaf posted:

:psyduck: That's a PPK and that shoots .380. I can't imagine a Walther PPK shooting a 10mm what the gently caress this game.

You know, I've been binging a little too heavily on Fallout 4. I have 4 suits of power armor and another set of T50 plates without a frame in my workshop. I have 480 .45 ACPs with a 'combat rifle' that is really good, but I want to play a gunslinger. The fact that there's no .45s hand guns in the game makes me so mad I want to squeeze my pee-pee. I think I"ll take a good break for a while, and I haven't even beat the main quest.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

frajaq posted:

:qq: How the hell are you doing it. I'm so bad at Stealth in this game.

If I was the one getting closer to the door that raider would be going HUH??? WHAT WAS THAT and gotten up already. I'm already Rank 3 of this stealth perk

What;s your armor like? When I was sneaking if I had any metal on the raiders would get alerted. If I went just leather I found I could sneak a lot better

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The lack of New Vegas' level of gun shenanigans is one thing, but having a few references to Blade Runner and no That Gun is just loving stupid.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Protons posted:

:psyduck: That's a PPK and that shoots .380. I can't imagine a Walther PPK shooting a 10mm what the gently caress this game.

You know, I've been binging a little too heavily on Fallout 4. I have 4 suits of power armor and another set of T50 plates without a frame in my workshop. I have 480 .45 ACPs with a 'combat rifle' that is really good, but I want to play a gunslinger. The fact that there's no .45s hand guns in the game makes me so mad I want to squeeze my pee-pee. I think I"ll take a good break for a while, and I haven't even beat the main quest.

My pipe revolver takes .45 ammo?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Do you know what the quest is?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Protons posted:

I would say that the only reason it's 10mm is so they didn't have an ammo type only used by a single gun, but then there's 5.56 which is just that. :v:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dezztroy posted:

The "assault rifle" is also based on a machine gun and is semi-auto by default.

Bethesda doesn't know anything about guns, oh well.
They ought to know that the handle on a bolt-action gun should be on the right. I learned that through playing other FPSes, and so should have they.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

He says he has yet to find a Wounding Flamer.

I found one off a Legendary Super Mutant. It is indeed OP, and I use it to make Legendary Mirelirks my bitch on Survival difficulty. :getin: :unsmigghh:

I've got a wounding plasma rifle that I turned into a flamethrower as well. Yeah it's OP, but I don't think that the wounding aspect has a whole lot to do with that. The plasmathrower just does a poo poo ton of damage and almost everything dies basically instantaneously. Unless you're having a 10 minute fight against a raid boss in an MMO, I maintain that DOTs are dumb and direct damage is a hundred times more valuable.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Baron Bifford posted:

They ought to know that the handle on a bolt-action gun should be on the right. I learned that through playing other FPSes, and so should have they.

But if it's on the right you wont see all the bullets going PEOW out! :downs:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Friar Zucchini posted:

The Thompson-style SMG runs off .45. So does Spray n Pray.

The Thompson is also really oddly scaled for the drum mag, it's absolutely tiny compared to the real world size.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also is there a straight upgrade from the Shishkebab for melee weapons?

And what should I rename it to? I'm thinking A Huge Flamer because I'm mentally a child.
Most good melee is a straight upgrade if you're specced melee, because you do not gain the bonuses from the melee perks when using it. I was looking at it for potential upgrades earlier because I had Cait using it... But it's kind of laughably small so I want her wielding a cooler-looking weapon. :(

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shishkebab_(Fallout_4)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do non-Science/Nuclear Scientist characters rely on power armor? I've been reflexively staying away from them due to concerns about my fusion cores emptying out then having my power armor be stranded somewhere, but I'm near the point is be able to obtain the X-1 whatever (Fallout 2 power armor) so I might start using that plus my collected unused fusion cores and the Pain Train perk to live out my gundam wasteland samurai dreams.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I've decided Lyusya would most likely do the minutemen finale, since she's not evil but certainly a control freak—the way I've played her suggests she doesn't like being bossed around and she likes to shoot first.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

coyo7e posted:

Most good melee is a straight upgrade if you're specced melee, because you do not gain the bonuses from the melee perks when using it. I was looking at it for potential upgrades earlier because I had Cait using it... But it's kind of laughably small so I want her wielding a cooler-looking weapon. :(

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shishkebab_(Fallout_4)

Huh? I thought Big Leagues helped the Shishkebab. I'm asking about moving up from the Shishkebab, like the Super Sledge for example.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Baron Bifford posted:

Yeah, if you use a real bolt-action rifle it's extremely awkward to not cycle the bolt with your trigger hand. You can't keep the firearm on a given target if you're cycling with your offhand.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

New Leaf posted:

it does some pretty crap damage vs big guys but if you probably invest in crit + vats perks i bet it'd be hilarious just for the sheer number of shots you can get off with a single bar
(though the same enemy died to two gauss rifle shots so uh, yeah...)

Chalks posted:

Do you know what the quest is?
it's the tradequest quest

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Huh? I thought Big Leagues helped the Shishkebab. I'm asking about moving up from the Shishkebab, like the Super Sledge for example.

the super sledge is definitely better than the shishkebab. my melee character basically swaps between the ripper and the sledge depending on what i'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEHiBo9CKhc&hd=1

The ripper is pretty great because it cripples really fast.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I couldn't stand using the ripper. Against other melee opponents it doesn't stagger them on hit so I just end up getting hit. I can avoid damage better by landing one hit with another weapon and backing off before going in again. And against non-melee opponents, no reason for me to do anything other than smash their heads into pulp with the super sledge.

The super sledge is so drat cool in this game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Starhawk64 posted:

Just rename your armor and put a >,-.#.$ or other special symbol of your choice in front of the name like I did. I also helps stop that ridiculous auto-naming scheme they've got going on.

All of my armor/weapons are already grouped together with a naming scheme. I'm trying to be even lazier than that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone found a furious prefix ripper? That could potentially be pretty good. I saw a video of someone using a furious minigun on Reddit that he used for the melee spin damage, but I have a suspicion that was hacked/modded in, because I think that prefix is unique to melee weapons.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Pumpy Dumper posted:

My pipe revolver takes .45 ammo?

loving ugh. A pipe revolver?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

That baseball bat from Jamaica Treasure is loving amazing. No idea what damage it does, it's just cool as heck.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Hopefully you can mod it into a pipe shotgun

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

How are you guys running out of power cores? I have like 50 and never leave my power armor ever.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Hehe Valentine has a secret case file on the Mysterious Stranger, a serial killer who strikes from coast to coast over the course of hundreds of years.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Protons posted:

Hehe Valentine has a secret case file on the Mysterious Stranger, a serial killer who strikes from coast to coast over the course of hundreds of years.

Try triggering that perk while you have Nick as a companion.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How does trading Food with supply lines work? Can I afford to leave a settlement with it's food production in the red as long as other settlements are producing an excess?

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
To finally debunk this for myself and I guess anyone else who reads this, is there or is there not an issue with junk being broken down while trying to craft? What I mean by that is, people have said that components that came from that piece of junk that wasn't used in the crafting to the specific item disappears. People have said that it is permanent, others say that they return to your inventory after some time. I haven't noticed anything but I haven't been creating many things. The most crafting I have done is make basic mods to replace really good ones on a weapon I find so that I can take the really good mod and put them all on one gun.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I found a laser musket that fires 2 shots for every trigger pull - put in a 6 charge chamber so it essentially fires 12 shots per trigger pull.

Sneak attack doubles it to 24 - then there's whatever the headshot bonus is. It is a hilarious toy and I have named it:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Man, I can't wait for the first "all junk is automatically teleported to your chosen settlement workshop" mod.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

On Terra Firma posted:

How are you guys running out of power cores? I have like 50 and never leave my power armor ever.

Depends on how good you are at scrounging them up, I think.The Scrounger perk helped me immensely.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sudo Echo posted:

the super sledge is definitely better than the shishkebab. my melee character basically swaps between the ripper and the sledge depending on what i'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEHiBo9CKhc&hd=1

The ripper is pretty great because it cripples really fast.

Sick front flip by the Mutant Hound around 0:30 lmao.

Wonky Bethesda physics are the best. :allears: they are a feature, not a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Question: When you're building stuff for settlements and select an item it'll say like "Shack Wall (50)" What does the (50) denote? Can't seem to find anything about it

• Locked thread