Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

wanna pet that pup.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

That dog is the best post in this thread for the last three months

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I gotta say that trying to navigate the tangled depths to find a few soloable hero points was the most agonizing experience I've had in an MMO in a year.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I gotta say that trying to navigate the tangled depths to find a few soloable hero points was the most agonizing experience I've had in an MMO in a year.

I was trying to get one of the last points of interest I need in Tangled Depths to complete the zone. couldn't get past this blue wall, so I saw a wallow I could take to get by. I go through the wallow, then die instantly because there's a poison cloud there I can't survive until getting x more experience to unlock a mastery.

I'm done with this loving expansion.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Everyday Goast posted:

That dog is the best post in this thread for the last three months

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I was trying to get one of the last points of interest I need in Tangled Depths to complete the zone. couldn't get past this blue wall, so I saw a wallow I could take to get by. I go through the wallow, then die instantly because there's a poison cloud there I can't survive until getting x more experience to unlock a mastery.

I'm done with this loving expansion.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

I managed to solo the champ troll, that's about it.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I just buy the Heroic Notaries after getting all the HP from VB and AB

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I laughed because I'm 10 years old.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

:suicide:

Not my screenshot, my folder was full. You can see my corpse over yonder.,

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 22, 2015

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Visidan posted:

Holy poo poo. That sucks.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

looks fun

How many tries did it take to get to that point?

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

Anyone have some advice for a thief wanting to raid? It's hard to find builds among all the people losing their minds about how much we apparently suck in other forums.

I guess I should get some kind of condition build?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Farbror posted:

Anyone have some advice for a thief wanting to raid? It's hard to find builds among all the people losing their minds about how much we apparently suck in other forums.

Right now I think the meta thief build is to roll another class.

I know that's unhelpful but I'm one of those people who find thief to be kinda bad compared to other classes post-xpac. I mean I still use it sometimes because it's got my only set of ascended for fractals but yea, way more into Rev in HoT. If I ever get ascended heavy, I don't think I'll go back.

To be somewhat more helpful, psure the ideal thief build is still Power (Zerker), using Deadly Arts, Crit Strikes, and choice of Daredevil or Trickery.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw a thief in pve.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

Generic Octopus posted:

Right now I think the meta thief build is to roll another class.

I know that's unhelpful but I'm one of those people who find thief to be kinda bad compared to other classes post-xpac. I mean I still use it sometimes because it's got my only set of ascended for fractals but yea, way more into Rev in HoT. If I ever get ascended heavy, I don't think I'll go back.

To be somewhat more helpful, psure the ideal thief build is still Power (Zerker), using Deadly Arts, Crit Strikes, and choice of Daredevil or Trickery.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you. Been pretty demoralizing to come back to the game when thief is my favourite (and only) class. I just haven't been able to level anything else to 80 yet. I'm thinking less meta and just something that can work decently enough so I guess I'll stick with what I'm already doing then.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alteisen posted:

looks fun

How many tries did it take to get to that point?
I think that was the fourth? We only spent an hour and a half total because Kes and I had to leave early and we knew that before starting. We were consistently getting it to the last phase, though, and the combo of breakbar being up, lightning orb spawned on top of the floor which is now electrified and spawning the orbs that teleport you if you don't dodge them right on top of the lightning orb was pretty annoying and killed us 5 or 6 times. The last phase needs a bit more tuning but the fight's not bad overall.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thief pity party now in session, I brought the snack tray.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thief pity party now in session, I brought the snack tray.
PvP daily is Thief winner. Had 3 Thieves in my team (one was a GOON) who refused to change into something else while enemy had 2 Hammer Revs and a DH :argh:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

This is why you should buy the expansion.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

raiding.jpg

e: whoops meant to quote cletus, this works

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
HoT gave us the reaper, and confirmed that anet can only go so long before making necro stupidly OP. I knew it was just a test of time and commitment to the class. And here we are and I get to be smug as gently caress. HoT best expansion since elona.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i claim the airship for my house also im never home and dont want it

you are not allowed to use the planks, those are for babies. learn to jump on the boxes. you can find them between the statues stopping you from making a noob mistake

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesis posted:

PvP daily is Thief winner. Had 3 Thieves in my team (one was a GOON) who refused to change into something else while enemy had 2 Hammer Revs and a DH :argh:

I hope you bullied him profusely.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
loving ANet. PvE's Wanderer stat and PvP's Wanderer stat are different. PvE gets Power but PvP gets Precision :stare:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

SFD hit lvl 28 today, someone special appeared see if you can spot it.

It's not the airship.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Visidan posted:

It's not the airship.

This image is going to cause serious emotions.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Farbror posted:

Right now the thief meta for PvE/raiding is DD staff with Bound. Guess which spec also has its primary damage attack tied to an animation where you charge through an enemy to a set distance with no iframes?

Remember how the first raid boss is all about spawning poo poo you need to not be near or standing on, such as you might find yourself being, constantly, on a class that dashes and flips with uncontrollable movement everywhere?

Yeah.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
It's a constant struggle to get my Thief character(s) to move even close to the direction I input with all the involuntary flipping out they do. Sometimes I hit W and they just start pirouetting straight to the nearest cliff 180 degrees behind!

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Visidan posted:

It's not the airship.

i give up, is it the charr on the left?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Brain In A Jar posted:

Right now the thief meta for PvE/raiding is DD staff with Bound. Guess which spec also has its primary damage attack tied to an animation where you charge through an enemy to a set distance with no iframes?

Remember how the first raid boss is all about spawning poo poo you need to not be near or standing on, such as you might find yourself being, constantly, on a class that dashes and flips with uncontrollable movement everywhere?

Yeah.

If it makes you feel better DnT still has dagger/dagger as meta over staff. From what I've gathered staff's Weakening Charge is competitive with d/d if you land all three hits on the mob you're fighting and is a DPS loss if you don't.

e: also if you want to talk about pve thief problems let's highlight the fact that the entire daredevil gimmick is dodging and like 90% of the above-50 fractals punish you for that

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 22, 2015

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I started playing this game when it first came out, and while I enjoyed it for its game play, I wasn't able to connect with it because I enjoyed how much lore WoW had had when I played it in Burning Crusade Era. It didn't feel as much like a world, if you know what I mean. Has this aspect been fixed?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If it makes you feel better DnT still has dagger/dagger as meta over staff. From what I've gathered staff's Weakening Charge is competitive with d/d if you land all three hits on the mob you're fighting and is a DPS loss if you don't.

e: also if you want to talk about pve thief problems let's highlight the fact that the entire daredevil gimmick is dodging and like 90% of the above-50 fractals punish you for that
40%.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I started playing this game when it first came out, and while I enjoyed it for its game play, I wasn't able to connect with it because I enjoyed how much lore WoW had had when I played it in Burning Crusade Era. It didn't feel as much like a world, if you know what I mean. Has this aspect been fixed?

As far as I know it's basically the same. The new expansion introduces a lot of cool stuff and is better written but the main world is basically the same. Most NPCs still have some story to tell you when you do their hearts, there's cool places tucked away and stuff, but if that wasn't enough then it's probably not for you. The Expansion stuff is better but it's basically the same amount.

I've never played WoW but it seems like GW2 had/has plenty of story and lore to me. ymmv etc.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's still a lot! :saddowns:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

i give up, is it the charr on the left?

This would be the best guild hall upgrade.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's still a lot! :saddowns:

It's like fractal instabilities are a bad joke that no one at Anet put any thought into.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Guild airship rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

Guild airship rules

Nice!

• Locked thread