Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Question: When you're building stuff for settlements and select an item it'll say like "Shack Wall (50)" What does the (50) denote? Can't seem to find anything about it
you can make 50 shack walls with the material you have available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Question: When you're building stuff for settlements and select an item it'll say like "Shack Wall (50)" What does the (50) denote? Can't seem to find anything about it

How many you can build with your current materials.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pumpy Dumper posted:

You have enough resources on hand to build 50.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Apparently the guard at the entry to Vault 81 is blind or something, he keeps congratulating and calling me a "brave woman". I'm very obviously a guy.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Pretty sure it means how many you could make with the resources you have.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Cait propositioned Piper to a threesome with me (female) and Piper said "not gonna happen, Cait". Boo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thin Privilege posted:

Cait propositioned Piper to a threesome with me (female) and Piper said "not gonna happen, Cait". Boo.

Should record it and put it on YouTube.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I saw this huge old timey ship (constitution probably?) like 40 hours ago on that first BOS vertibird ride and I absolutely cannot find it anywhere. I know it's a dumb question considering how big it is, but where the hell is it on the map. I've been flying around looking for it for 15 minutes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If you've been to the Bunker Hill trade hub, it's basically straight east from there.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I just did that and for a second thought I'd been screwed when I opened the door and saw a set of T-45 staring back at me. Turns out it was X-01 armor after all and for some reason just had the wrong model until I boarded it :confused:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

If you've been to the Bunker Hill trade hub, it's basically straight east from there.

I don't think I have. I've been looking mostly around the area between Diamond city and the airship because it seemed to be somewhere around there. Am I hot or cold with that.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

RE : Toughness. Since unpowered armor can exceed 100 DR quite easily in the game (And hit 500+ in power armor no sweat), and caps out somewhere around 1000ish, is toughness really all that useful at all?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

NESguerilla posted:

I don't think I have. I've been looking mostly around the area between Diamond city and the airship because it seemed to be somewhere around there. Am I hot or cold with that.

Check here:
http://i.imgur.com/ashRpvS.jpg?1

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Has anyone made an idiot savant?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I finally ran into some Children of the Atom and oh man. What a bunch of cocks. What's up with the gamma gun? They were just shooting me through walls.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Speedball posted:

Depends on how good you are at scrounging them up, I think.The Scrounger perk helped me immensely.

I put a point in scrounger later in the game (I'm level 46) but by that time I had around 33-34 and found them everywhere. There's a hardware store where you get some paint for someone at one point, and on the top shelf there is an ammo container that has 4 full cores in it every time it resets.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Should record it and put it on YouTube.

The conversation of her going "no"?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool thanks!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I couldn't stand using the ripper. Against other melee opponents it doesn't stagger them on hit so I just end up getting hit. I can avoid damage better by landing one hit with another weapon and backing off before going in again. And against non-melee opponents, no reason for me to do anything other than smash their heads into pulp with the super sledge.

The super sledge is so drat cool in this game.

It's all about how much armor the enemy has since its low damage but super high RoF. I find it's really great for clearing ghouls and mole rats. The sledge is too slow and you can easily get staggered by a stray hit and take a lot of damage. It does stagger when a limb gets crippled which is super great on ghouls. I call mine the garbage disposal because that's what it is.

Don't forget you can block with it too and since its so fast you get a free follow up hit.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 22, 2015

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't know if there's more of the, but I could automatically clue in to the two new songs I've heard on Diamond City Radio that are newer produced, and I kind of feel they really don't fit.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sudo Echo posted:

It's all about how much armor the enemy has since its low damage but super high RoF. I find it's really great for clearing ghouls and mole rats. The sledge is too slow and you can easily get staggered by a stray hit and take a lot of damage. It does stagger when a limb gets crippled which is super great on ghouls. I call mine the garbage disposal because that's what it is.

I just block ghouls and then swing the hammer. Though honestly ghouls stopped being a problem ages ago. What really trips me up are mutant hounds since they can stagger you multiple times in front of super mutants. Mirelurks are also a pain if I don't kite them properly. I didn't find the ripper to be terribly effective against either of them.

Toriori posted:

I don't know if there's more of the, but I could automatically clue in to the two new songs I've heard on Diamond City Radio that are newer produced, and I kind of feel they really don't fit.

Which songs are those, out of curiosity? I thought the only original songs were composed for that bar in Goodneighbor.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Video of what I was talking about before. Piper is ruthless as hell. (Fort Hagen spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wu908um58g

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I built a bunch of nice things for Sanctuary and now the happiness there is plummeting. Nobody's even giving me hints as to what the problem could be. There's more than enough food, water, beds, and power, so I have no idea.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Trying getting rid of the nice things.
(TVs, jukeboxes etc).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Harrow posted:

I built a bunch of nice things for Sanctuary and now the happiness there is plummeting. Nobody's even giving me hints as to what the problem could be. There's more than enough food, water, beds, and power, so I have no idea.

How is your defense in comparison to the food/water/etc stats? Happiness steadily gets lower if your defense isn't higher than at least those totals combined.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

^ It's high, but it might not be high enough to do that. I'll see about bumping up the defense.

The Lone Badger posted:

Trying getting rid of the nice things.
(TVs, jukeboxes etc).

Do those lower happiness somehow?

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
Covenant bug?

I got the password for the "red" terminal, if I'm in sneak and the door is closed and no one is around, as soon as I leave it everyone in town goes aggro. I'm pretty sure the quest requires me to go into the terminal to find the Compound, I don't think it would force me to kill everyone?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Harrow posted:

Check your pipboy to see if it shows the correct values for your important resources. If it's showing something like 5 water instead of 50, you've hit the settlement resource bug. No one seems to know why that happens, but scrapping all the TVs and jukeboxes tends to fix the bug (for some reason) and return the values to normal.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Thanks y'all!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Protons posted:

Has anyone made an idiot savant?

It's the best perk in the game bar none, even if you have decently high intelligence.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
. "Now we file a police report, yes? And all the little thingies go in the little baggies as evidence!" is my new favorite fallout quote from Curie as I finish killing like 10 raiders at an outpost.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Looks like the Low-LOD meshes didn't vanish when I got close enough. Me and dogmeat were walking through them. I hate LOD bugs more than anything. Sure, they're harmless but they annoy me so much because they ruin my desperate attempts at finding SOME kind of immersion in the game :(

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Internet Kraken posted:

Which songs are those, out of curiosity? I thought the only original songs were composed for that bar in Goodneighbor.

Yep. They're the lounge songs from Goodneighbour, Man Enough and I don't know the name of the other. Not that their bad songs but they don't flow as well with the rest, imo.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Do the Minutemen quests ever become less repetitive? I've started sprinting away from Preston whenever he tries to tell me about another settlement that needs help.

As a side note, is it worthwhile to bring Preston along on Brotherhood quests for extra dialogue? I swapped him out for Codsworth when I went to join because I figured I'd lose a ton of approval with him, but I'll tag him back in if he actually has interesting things to say.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I gave Curie a power fist and at the end of the Cabot House storyline she punched old lady Cabot in the arm so hard it exploded

I love my anime waifu :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cirosan posted:

Do the Minutemen quests ever become less repetitive? I've started sprinting away from Preston whenever he tries to tell me about another settlement that needs help.

As a side note, is it worthwhile to bring Preston along on Brotherhood quests for extra dialogue? I swapped him out for Codsworth when I went to join because I figured I'd lose a ton of approval with him, but I'll tag him back in if he actually has interesting things to say.

All of the repeatable quests are very dull.

Go clean out Hubris Comics. Again.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

For sure people have talked about this already, but can anyone tell me how to stop fallout 4 from loving my graphics card's poo poo up?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

khy posted:

RE : Toughness. Since unpowered armor can exceed 100 DR quite easily in the game (And hit 500+ in power armor no sweat), and caps out somewhere around 1000ish, is toughness really all that useful at all?

It's a case of diminishing returns, DR is on some kind of scale, so you are never completely impervious. Power Armor's DR is so high so that it lasts longer (you can't fix it with a stimpack, after all.)
Plus, maybe you want to run around in a nice suit and tie, then you'll need Toughness.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mondlicht posted:

Covenant bug?

I got the password for the "red" terminal, if I'm in sneak and the door is closed and no one is around, as soon as I leave it everyone in town goes aggro. I'm pretty sure the quest requires me to go into the terminal to find the Compound, I don't think it would force me to kill everyone?

Covenant is a fairly buggy quest chain. For me the vendor never let me buy anything, and she sold a unique shotgun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Playing some melee guy now and really fast weapons seem to be much better at the start, especially a serrated switchblade, fast and bleed with highish damage.

• Locked thread