Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Hey look the Panthers look like the Titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really wish they left the grass green on the promo images.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Hey look the Panthers look like the Titans

Or the Smurfs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Dave posted:

otherwise the uniform is dope

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Dave posted:

You mean the Panthers haven't cribbed Boise State?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wouldn't necessarily be against that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no

black field, blue field lines

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I think the color rush stuff I've seen so far is somewhere between "meh" and hideous, but as a Packers fan I'm dreading whatever they come up with since the main team colors are ugly to begin with, and white on white road uniforms would just be weird.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Bring on the Rams all yellows. They will be glorious.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Alaois posted:

no

black field, blue field lines

Tron Football would own so hard

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Can we just get somebody to remove the 2012 from the thread title it triggers me every time I see it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I can't. A mod needs to do it.

Edit: I have five pages of posts in this thread. Jesus.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 21, 2015

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Petition to change it to 2010.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Dave posted:

Petition to change it to 2010.

Second that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Monkeycheese posted:

I think the color rush stuff I've seen so far is somewhere between "meh" and hideous, but as a Packers fan I'm dreading whatever they come up with since the main team colors are ugly to begin with, and white on white road uniforms would just be weird.

I thought they said the Packers/Lions game was one that wasn't going to be a Color Rush game, precisely because the Packers didn't want to wear some weird alternate uniform?

Also, I just realized the Packers and Lions are both playing in back to back Thursday games (Thanksgiving and the week after)...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

fartknocker posted:

I thought they said the Packers/Lions game was one that wasn't going to be a Color Rush game, precisely because the Packers didn't want to wear some weird alternate uniform?

Also, I just realized the Packers and Lions are both playing in back to back Thursday games (Thanksgiving and the week after)...

No dammit, there is no opting out of Color Rush. You don't get to be the only team to keep their dignity :colbert:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dang, I wanted to see some new uniforms.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

No dammit, there is no opting out of Color Rush. You don't get to be the only team to keep their dignity :colbert:

Some quick Google tells me they aren't doing it this year, but will next year, so they only delayed it. So, they should gently caress with everyone and base it on their alternates and go all blue or something equally insane.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

fartknocker posted:

Some quick Google tells me they aren't doing it this year, but will next year, so they only delayed it. So, they should gently caress with everyone and base it on their alternates and go all blue or something equally insane.

Yeah, everyone is doing it next year.

Green Bay should play in all eye-searing highlighter yellow.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yeah, everyone is doing it next year.

Green Bay should play in all eye-searing highlighter yellow.

I'm not sure if this is amazing or terrible.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Pops Mgee posted:

That is amazing, fully endorsed

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, the Packers vetoed it, because they have dignity.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pops Mgee posted:

Make it match the Helmet, otherwise good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

way better than their current garbo gear imo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

computer parts posted:

Make it match the Helmet, otherwise good.

Yeah that really needs to match the lid. It rules overwise though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Pops Mgee posted:

Piss-sicles.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pops Mgee posted:

Much better than their current unis imo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It's too bad we missed out on all Orange Fins vs All Silver Pats unis

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Alternate jerseys are cool, and monochrome is cool, but making all teams do it for an alternate is just the kind of bland and dumb rule-humping we all love Roger Goodell for

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

v2vian man posted:

Alternate jerseys are cool, and monochrome is cool, but making all teams do it for an alternate is just the kind of bland and dumb rule-humping we all love Roger Goodell for

All those Paris tributes last week weren't done by the team out of respect, they were done under a mandate from Goodell.

That's not a joke, and that's something the NFL thought it would be good to send out.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers need a new helmet, the speckled grey/silver is kind of 90s. I don't really know how you'd improve it though. Maybe Nike will come up with something not terrible. Even then I doubt Jerry Richardson would go for it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Panthers need a new helmet, the speckled grey/silver is kind of 90s. I don't really know how you'd improve it though. Maybe Nike will come up with something not terrible. Even then I doubt Jerry Richardson would go for it.

I don't mind it, but it doesn't really match anything besides the whites. It sticks out too much with the all-blacks and it looks a little off with the color rush set as well. Too bad the NFL has stupid rules regarding alternate helmets.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BlindSite posted:

Maybe the same helmet, but with a giant NFL logo on the side.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BlindSite posted:

They've kicked around changing to a black helmet at least once. Of the team colors to use honestly I think the silver helmet looks the best with the black/blue/white jersey options they have.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Pops Mgee posted:

That's a photoshop done by someone who hopes that the Packers will escape with a little dignity. Real Color Rush jersies must look like footsies.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

oldskool posted:

They've kicked around changing to a black helmet at least once. Of the team colors to use honestly I think the silver helmet looks the best with the black/blue/white jersey options they have.

The silver helmet looks like it uses the same paint as a cheap Civic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

matte blue helmets

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

matte blue helmets

:hfive:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
CHROME ON CAROLINA

It works. Automotive heritage, yo. Then give the helmets secret compartments for whiskey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
For the helmet stuff, are the teams using the same helmet for practice too? If not then why not a full wrap / decal for alternate jerseys?

• Locked thread