Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

I remember The canberra fire where even in safe areas The sky was totally red. felt like an alien planet.

News stories from the vic ones a while ago about families frying in their cars were hosed up.

The Victorian ones saddened me because it was like we'd forgotten our knowledge of fire. I grew up in a fire prone region of rural Victoria and when I read about those fires it was like all that rural knowledge had either been lost or not acquired in those areas. The last might be the case, because some of the affected areas had become trendy places for city people to build rural escapes. City people don't realise that even if you've got generators and pumps, they'll fail in a decent fire and few homes are "fireproof" in any meaningful way. People also don't clear nearly enough of the land around their homes. If you're on a 2 acre or 5 acre block, that bush down the back which you love so much will bring the fire right to your roof.

If you've never been around fire, you assume that you'll have warning. In reality, by the time you can see the smoke it's probably too late to escape. You can often hear it before you can smell it and even then you'd have to be extremely lucky if your exit roads aren't already cut.

I lived in Canberra for 10 years and it was always a disaster waiting to happen.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
How in the heck do you move all those chickens??

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nubile Hillock posted:

How in the heck do you move all those chickens??

They roost in a shed every night so you move it a little bit regularly and tgwy leaen to follow it.

If you move it too far for their bird brains they swarm into a huddle and mass death occurs cause chickens are very hot animals and they die of heat in a few minutes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Isaac posted:

Fresh rabbit egg

mods?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The little boy goat is going to a new home. This guy drives a ford ute (not the sedan kind, the proper truck one). I dont think ive ever seen such a thing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
On that topic the local area has some weird beef goinf on between landcruisers and patrols. People wearing partisan shirts and decals on their car. Theyre all involving some kind of injoke or they are written by schizophrenics, not sure which.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jesus this guy taking the goat is making the bother goats worried. Theyre hanging out near the truck with the baby goat on it making sad sounds

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Isaac posted:

I dont have any cute pics today but instead a lesson on free range eggs.

This many chickens will tear up a peice of ground till its mud in a day or two. It improves the soil in the long run but they need to be moved a few times a week.

Look at this pic and imagine 100 chickens for every one, never being moved. You can call that free range legally.

drat

wanna visit that farm

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pecky becky eggy

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hdr goat

Some other animal

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Isaac posted:

Pecky becky eggy

How did it taste OP?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Oh fuckin a good aninals good egg good cat

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

OhsH posted:

good cat

That's a scratchgoat buddy

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
On weekends the neighbour's chicken wanders over and hangs out sometimes. Lately I've been feeding it oats, and this morning we hung out quite a bit as my friend was coming over and I figured his kid would get a kick out of seeing a chicken. Apparently I made a chicken friend because after we came back from a little walk the chicken was just chillin' outside my room. It's still out there now

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nubile Hillock posted:

On weekends the neighbour's chicken wanders over and hangs out sometimes. Lately I've been feeding it oats, and this morning we hung out quite a bit as my friend was coming over and I figured his kid would get a kick out of seeing a chicken. Apparently I made a chicken friend because after we came back from a little walk the chicken was just chillin' outside my room. It's still out there now

What will you call this fine bird

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nubile Hillock posted:

get your coat, lad - you've pulled

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Free-roaming farm chickens can be :black101: as hell. Ours pecked to death then ate mice and snakes, swarmed you while you were chopping wood (ignoring both the axe and the flying hunks of wood) in order to grab the choicest wood grubs, all the while avoiding chook death via fox or wedgetailed eagle.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ponderous Saxon posted:

Free-roaming farm chickens can be :black101: as hell. Ours pecked to death then ate mice and snakes, swarmed you while you were chopping wood (ignoring both the axe and the flying hunks of wood) in order to grab the choicest wood grubs, all the while avoiding chook death via fox or wedgetailed eagle.

Some mice got in a feed bag and gorged theselves till they were too big to get out.

They got thrown into the paddock and were chicken food in seconds

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Suggest me some names for my chicken friend!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Clucking Carol

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
That's a pretty good name. I'll put this name and two other top contenders in a draw, next time she comes over I'll put out three piles of oats and she can pick her own name!

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Murderbird

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Nubile Hillock posted:

I want a chicken visitor, that's awesome

All birds are murderbirds

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Nubile Hillock posted:

Suggest me some names for my chicken friend!

Marco Pollo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Call the chicken Fingers. Or call the chicken Patty.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Prince Albert
Pilgore The Defiler
Turducken * .33

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heres the hay u ordered

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Fiend posted:

Prince Albert
Pilgore The Defiler
Turducken * .33

00 Cluckin

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Washing machinr drums with wood in them are the goat version of catnip. Goatnip if you will.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Isaac this is thread of the year 2015

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fluo posted:

Isaac this is thread of the year 2015

Heres a link to my paetron https://www.pe re ton.net slash my posts

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
donated a 5

Dirt
May 26, 2003

When I was in first grade we went on a field trip to the zoo, and I got swarmed by ravenous goats in the petting zoo. They ate my name tag, and tried to eat my shoe laces. I saw them try and eat another kids sweater.

That was my only goat experience.

Since that field trip I have assumed all goats are weird unstoppable eating machines until I read this thread.
Your goats seem pretty chill. You have shattered worldview.

Also Pecky Becky owns.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Goats = devil worship

so not everything is at is seems in this thread. that's why so many pictures are blurry.

do any of these goats do the human-like yelling

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ZombieParts posted:

Goats = devil worship

so not everything is at is seems in this thread. that's why so many pictures are blurry.

do any of these goats do the human-like yelling

Hail Satan.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Freakiest Egg i seen and some maremma puppies

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
From your shirt I'm picturing you more and more as your AV Isaac.

Also that is a weird rear end egg.

When I was a lil kid I went to the zoo and found a goat and gave it a biggg hug and wanted to take it home with me. Goats are cool.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

From your shirt I'm picturing you more and more as your AV Isaac.

Also that is a weird rear end egg.

When I was a lil kid I went to the zoo and found a goat and gave it a biggg hug and wanted to take it home with me. Goats are cool.

Goats get a big thumbs up in my book.

Its not me holding the puppy but lol at the shirt similarities.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I visited a mate who bought some goats because he's a green w/ dreads and some time during our 2nd beer one of them climbed the bonnet of my xr8 so I dont like goats much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

and them marrema dogges are weird, old neighbor had one with his sheep, before that he had a alpaca with them reckoned it chases foxes just as good but it died rip

• Locked thread