Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jibo posted:

Man the Keeper is garbage. I can't believe I spent like a week grinding Greed runs for this guy.

He really needs his starting items, which you can't get without clearing the chest and dark room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Does keeper seriously not start with The Noose?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Jibo posted:

If you get a gamebreaking run, get Mom's Box and activate the poo poo out of it.

Other good things: Use lots of Fortune Teller machines, get the chest familiar, key bum, bum friend, D20, Dice Shard

Also note that Mysterious Paper also works for at least the unlock part (not sure if it revives you normally, outside of the sacrifice room)

I recommend just playing as normal but put an emphasis on the above poo poo and you will get it eventually.

Mysterious Paper did not unlock him.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

death .cab for qt posted:

Does keeper seriously not start with The Noose?

Nope, he starts with a wooden nickel.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

dis astranagant posted:

Nope, he starts with a wooden nickel.

Once you beat Isaac in the Cathedral, anyway.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Weird, it did for me. I wonder if it's somewhat random like using it to get into the chest/dark room.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Holy gently caress, Monstro's Lung + Tech X is crazy. I cleared the entire room of boss rush in like 30 seconds.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Got a serviceable Maggie run going, found Missing Poster in Sheol, died and rezzed as The Lost, bit it hard to a Double Adversary room in Dark Room. :argh:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

flatluigi posted:

I gotta wonder if the developer comment was more "we're not organized nearly enough to do changelogs" than what everyone's taking it to mean but i'm charitable by nature

Aside from the fact that they do do changelogs, that's the same interpretation as everyone else "We could be professional when providing you with this thing you've paid us money for, but we're too lazy for that"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

You know you have to die in a sacrifice room right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why the heck is Addicted still in the pill rotation when you have the PHD? It's a negative pill!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ariong posted:

Why the heck is Addicted still in the pill rotation when you have the PHD? It's a negative pill!

Retro vision too. PHD feels worthless now

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ariong posted:

I like how the PHD was already useless enough with leaving in a ton of "neutral" pills in. 15 pennies I'll never spend.

Jibo posted:

Man the Keeper is garbage. I can't believe I spent like a week grinding Greed runs for this guy.

Yeah, I don't really understand why he exists. Despite having a unique health system, he really doesn't offer anything worthwhile / different from existing characters.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tetracube posted:

Yeah but Addicted! has a positive counterpart (Percs!) so it's just sloppy design or whatever.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Unlocked Keeper and tried him out in Greed Mode. Eventually found Godhead in an Angel Room. Then Crown of Light in the next one. Everything got shredded. Also got tons of tears up with him. His slow firing speed doesn't seem to be the same thing as the tear delay penalty Inner Eye and Mutant Spider give you, so you can get back to a regular fire rate with him. It can get pretty ridiculous. Sucks about not being able to take 2 heart devil deals at all without other stuff. With some tweaks, Keeper could be a fun character to play, but I guess the devs insist on making him the new version of The Lost since The Lost got buffed big time.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I always wondered how Ipecac works with Lilith...

...now I know :magical: :stonklol:

Also Succubus, Bob's Brain for lols, Multidimensional Baby, Sack of spiders which also multiplied and produced so many spiders they killed everything without my input

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Tetracube posted:

PHD has gotten watered down enough they should give Cain back the ability to have no "negative" pills.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
At least PHD still prevents the dreaded "Tears down" pill.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Super Bum + Sack Head + Mom's Key = good times forever. Until you can't move in any room you go into and chests never stop spawning.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
For a fun time, try combining Tiny Planet + Dead Eye + Marked + Dunce Cap + Coal. You automatically fire a shitload of tears that keep getting bigger and dealing more damage as time wears on.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Soy Milk + multiple, penetrating tears + Holy Light + Marked + Cricket's Body is hilarious, it's a constant laser light show everywhere.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Why are like 75% of all Angel rooms totally worthless(and like 20% of the remainder are a couple of soul hearts)? Despite hundreds of hours of Isaac I can count the times I actually got a decent item out of an Angel room on two hands. I've only ever gotten Sacred Heart twice in my entire Isaac playtime.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Tetracube posted:

:negative:

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is there some goal-state to grinding out all the new challenges / unlocks? Like, is there a "Ultimate Platinum God" status yet?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

There's the 1001% Achievement, although I dunno if that's actually achievable yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Battery seems bugged(maybe just in Greed mode?) right now with 6 charge items.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Kanos posted:

Why are like 75% of all Angel rooms totally worthless(and like 20% of the remainder are a couple of soul hearts)? Despite hundreds of hours of Isaac I can count the times I actually got a decent item out of an Angel room on two hands. I've only ever gotten Sacred Heart twice in my entire Isaac playtime.

Sacred Heart was the very last thing I needed for Platinum God. (Right after 1up for some reason).

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ariong posted:

I literally don't even know what this pill does

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

IronicDongz posted:

I literally don't even know what this pill does

Makes you take one heart of damage from any hits in the current room.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It makes you take a full heart of damage for that room. It does nothing after the Womb I think.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Greed mode is weird as hell right now donation-wise, in like 8 runs since the last patch I've donated like 80 twice and it's broken on the first three donations the other six times with like a 1%-2% visible jam rate.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Saigyouji posted:

Makes you take one heart of damage from any hits in the current room.
oh, so it's the dumbest idea for a pill ever that will never matter because no one eats pills while fighting a room and also it doesn't matter for any of the tough parts of the game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Percs is the opposite in that it gives you The Wafer for a room.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's like an even lamer paralysis

if it was something like "you now automatically eat pills when you pick them up for this floor" that'd mean something and also make more sense

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
One of the most annoying things about the guardian challenge is how bad the hit detection is on that loving sword. Christ, what an awful challenge. Thank god for cheat engine.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

senrath posted:

There's the 1001% Achievement, although I dunno if that's actually achievable yet.

They're missing something by not naming something with the word God in the name.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Red Mundus posted:

One of the most annoying things about the guardian challenge is how bad the hit detection is on that loving sword. Christ, what an awful challenge. Thank god for cheat engine.

The way the Spear of Justice works is that the silver part of the spear is the actual part that does damage. Of course you can't see it on the reskinned version that gets used in the Guardian. :ughh: I don't get why they didn't just make the sprite match the hitbox. As it stands, it's pretty much a version of Mom's Knife you can't fire, ever.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Re: people who were happy to see the Stopwatch nerfed, how do you feel about Godhead as an item? Like, if you get it at any point in a run you've basically won to the same extent.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay so I'm not such a good Isaac player, I've only got 9 Mom kills so this probably isn't special but man, I had the most insane run. I got to the Cathedral by random chance where I'd never been before, with Tammy's Head, and I just one shot every boss with it.

Including Isaac. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jibo posted:

Yeah but Addicted! has a positive counterpart (Percs!) so it's just sloppy design or whatever.
Pretty sure PHD has no effect on new pills since I got One Makes You Larger with it (unless there's some secret positive that I'm missing)

Honestly pills seems really lovely right now since the majority of effects are either neutral or very limited in usefulness like Re-LAX.