Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

pressing circle and then r1 at the right time ftw

I've done it for 300 hours and I'll do it for 300 more :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I want to play Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fantasy Life, The Sims 4, and Fallout 4, and have been paralyzed by indecision since getting home from work.

I played Fallout 4 but then was too sleepy afterwards to play any of the others :sadpeanut:

Made up for it with a ton of Fantasy Life tonight.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Ya'll need to get on that Hard West. It's got the xcom formula down pat with hell touched wild west goin' on

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the old xcom formula or the new xcom formula. this is an important difference.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

Yeah but it's the butterfly especially. he doesnt try to pull any crazy tricks or have ways to exploit his AI or have a particular spot to stand or strategy to use. Like yeah you can cheese it with sorcery or the witch or w/e else, but the fight on its own mechanics is almost nothing but entirely straightforward Attack Tell->Dodge. You dont even need to care about positioning because you're stuck on a little bridge and he's flying to the side shooting
I think I might have gotten there too early, because I went back trying to figure out where to go next, encountered the Bell Gargoyles, and easily defeated them.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

the old xcom formula or the new xcom formula. this is an important difference.

New but apparently harder and with a smaller squad

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Humphrey Vasel posted:

New but apparently harder and with a smaller squad

:whitewater:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Small squad size sux.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Any way we can get the title changed? It's kinda...unwelcome-y. I'm thinking "What kind of game does a silly dude play on a friday night".

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Any way we can get the title changed? It's kinda...unwelcome-y. I'm thinking "What kind of game does a silly dude play on a friday night".

Second'd. People, we're better than this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Proud Silly Man

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

"What kind of games does a derpy klurf play on a friday night" - let's make it happen mods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"What kind of games does a derpy klurf play on a friday night" - let's make it happen mods

Haha

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'll make the Derpy Klurf gangtag.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol at thread title

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you mods.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
*peeps the new thread title*
:ninja: :is...is it safe to post in here now?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm in Blighttown.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm in Blighttown.

stay strong gamer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know if I just did a ton of damage or the Capra Demon doesn't have much health but I beat him by just swinging my sword a lot.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know if I just did a ton of damage or the Capra Demon doesn't have much health but I beat him by just swinging my sword a lot.

perhaps... both ?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

perhaps... both ?
One of the weird things about playing blind is I have no idea if I'm under or over-powered for where I am.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's like taurus demon where if you stay real close it can't do much.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of the weird things about playing blind is I have no idea if I'm under or over-powered for where I am.

if you took down gargoyles no sweat then you were in good shape on your way to capra.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

it's like taurus demon where if you stay real close it can't do much.
Oh, I just stayed out of range and threw firebombs at him.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

capra demon isn't really that hard, he just surprises you the first time you see him cause the dogs jump you and he does the big unblockable jumping attack the moment you enter the fog door. once you survive the initial shock/die and run back to try again, he's pretty straight forward

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

if you took down gargoyles no sweat then you were in good shape on your way to capra.
I got a really good sword off the black knight on the stairs in Undead Burg. Felt nice, I'd been waiting the whole game to kill him.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

a lot of bosses have weak fire resist

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got a really good sword off the black knight on the stairs in Undead Burg. Felt nice, I'd been waiting the whole game to kill him.

nice :)

you got a lucky drop, no wonder you've been breezing past everything.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

you got a lucky drop, no wonder you've been breezing past everything.
I wish I'd had it for that stupid butterfly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black knight equipment is sick across the board

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Black knight equipment is sick across the board
I'm glad I was handed a pity sword because the game could detect my badness.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the black knight weapons are op

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Naw.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

well... alright. but for the beginning they are strong

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

firebombs hit him very hard and he does not have much health anyway

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shaquin posted:

Ya'll need to get on that Hard West. It's got the xcom formula down pat with hell touched wild west goin' on

that sounds sick and im gonna play it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

stay strong gamer
I got to the swamp. The swamp seems obnoxious but it's not Blighttown so I love it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

tthank you.mods.