Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

This thread seriously lacks hamburger/cheeseburger chat.

The Works.

Nothing better out there.

The meat looks like deviled ham from the can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

The meat looks like deviled ham from the can.

Sacrilege!

The Works is actually an awesome restaurant that specializes in hamburgers of all kinds. A few choices of meats, including wild game and an unending selection of condiments and sauces. Its kinda like a "Build your own Burger" joint and is a must for anyone who loves anything hamburger related.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dalael posted:

This thread seriously lacks hamburger/cheeseburger chat.

The Works.

Nothing better out there.

:burger::burger::burger::burger:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

For those of us in the UK, for burgers I can wholeheartedly recommend Frankie and Benny's - the burger in my av is from there, a Black Pepper Mayo Burger which was loving ace. They also just generally do great Italian food and I spend way too much money and time there.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

No you're stupid because you say stupid as gently caress things and because you don't understand why I'm calling you stupid like you think I actually care about arguing beyond "I fuckin love arguing and will do it for any reason"

Literally my exact same reason for participating in this thread. If that makes me an idiot (it does) guess what that says about you :allears:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Maneck posted:

Maybe you are all stupid.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I've always enjoyed Wendy's, Sonic, and White Castle burgers. I'm sure someone out west is going to post talking about how amazing Whataburger or In-and-out are, but honestly I never felt they were as amazing as west coasters hype them to be. I always enjoy the JBC.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

For those of us in the UK, for burgers I can wholeheartedly recommend Frankie and Benny's - the burger in my av is from there, a Black Pepper Mayo Burger which was loving ace. They also just generally do great Italian food and I spend way too much money and time there.

Frankie and Benny's is loving awful.
If you live in some complete shithole and it's somehow your only option, maybe, but basically anywhere half decent will have a dozen better local options.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dialhforhero posted:

I've always enjoyed Wendy's, Sonic, and White Castle burgers. I'm sure someone out west is going to post talking about how amazing Whataburger or In-and-out are, but honestly I never felt they were as amazing as west coasters hype them to be. I always enjoy the JBC.

i lived out west for 10 years and i also think whataburger and in-n-out are mediocre

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Literally my exact same reason for participating in this thread. If that makes me an idiot (it does) guess what that says about you :allears:

Still a better love story than Twilight.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

I think In-and-Out is fine for what it is, but it gets way too much nostalgic value from people who move out of the West Coast. It's an okay burger at best, but it's not life changing like they make it out to be.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I was not impressed with In and Out. I drove from Florida to California and people talked it up so much I was looking forward to it for most of Texas on. And it was just a regular hamburger.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

what the gently caress happened here

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

DisgracelandUSA posted:

what the gently caress happened here

Shitposting was taken to a new level and only :burger: talk saved the day

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

ullerrm posted:

No ribs, but it's still damned tasty.

(Shrimp, tossed in has el ranout and then pan-fried. Bed of tomato-garlic couscous with carrots and wilted kale.)

Blue Apron subscriber spotted.

Swit
Sep 6, 2013

by Cowcaster

crew posted:

I really enjoyed uaxdeath on the meta show I've never heard or see him speak. Heard about him for many years but this was a cool show please have him on again thanks in advance.

I was lucky to see it too, I didn't know that he was a CSM.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Hop back on your short bus cause nobody is buying your story

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
A Snoobie had this idea for a Reaver bee and I drew it

I think whoever thinks SNOO is a mistake is wrong.

Whoever thinks I'm a mistake should take it up with my mother who's dead

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So what's been going on in this fine spaceship game?

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

RhoA posted:

I think In-and-Out is fine for what it is, but it gets way too much nostalgic value from people who move out of the West Coast. It's an okay burger at best, but it's not life changing like they make it out to be.

I had never heard of In-and-Out until I visited San Diego last month, so I was under the impression is was in the same dining category as Hot N Now that we used to have in Michigan. I'm pleasantly surprised that it made a bit of effort not to be poo poo tier.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Hop back on your short bus cause nobody is buying your story

Just pretend i quoted my earlier post where i said to keep telling me how i feel about things. Im phone posting or i'd do it myself tia vr etc

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 22, 2015

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

OWLS! posted:

So what's been going on in this fine spaceship game?

Hi slavn. Syndicate is kind of dead at the moment so we all went and joined hole squad because that seems to be where the action is right now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

TimNeilson posted:

Hi slavn. Syndicate is kind of dead at the moment so we all went and joined hole squad started playing Fallout IV because that seems to be where the action is right now.

FIFY

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at Grath destroying people on FHC

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I think all the imperium needs right now is the "imperium" government iconfrom Master of Orion 2 for the alliance logo, and maybe mittens changing his ingame character to look like the human (or goon, whatever that is) leader.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TimNeilson posted:

Hi slavn. Syndicate is kind of dead at the moment so we all went and joined hole squad because that seems to be where the action is right now.

Neat, thanks Tim!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kiryen posted:

Yeah he does, that's why this organization regularly has a total meltdown like BL or BRAVE or .... oh.. wait.

It may sound like fanboism, but the simple fact is he's giving you free lessons on how to run a large organization with a lot of peons with ~opinions~ and keeping them happy while not letting them run the train off the rails. Mittens is an extremely talented person when it comes to being practical and keeping people focused and motivated without getting distracted with idealistic bullshit - and he's proven it by being able to make his living off a video game he doesn't actually work on.

Sperging and carrying on about bullshit like "I don't like the name Imperium because ~reasons~" is part of keeping people distracted with bread and circuses so that those in charge can keep everything together.

stop goodposting, you might elevate the quality of the eve thread above reddit level and we can't have that

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Khablam posted:

Frankie and Benny's is loving awful.
If you live in some complete shithole and it's somehow your only option, maybe, but basically anywhere half decent will have a dozen better local options.

source your quotes

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Kiryen posted:

Yeah he does, that's why this organization regularly has a total meltdown like BL or BRAVE or .... oh.. wait.

It may sound like fanboism, but the simple fact is he's giving you free lessons on how to run a large organization with a lot of peons with ~opinions~ and keeping them happy while not letting them run the train off the rails. Mittens is an extremely talented person when it comes to being practical and keeping people focused and motivated without getting distracted with idealistic bullshit - and he's proven it by being able to make his living off a video game he doesn't actually work on.

Sperging and carrying on about bullshit like "I don't like the name Imperium because ~reasons~" is part of keeping people distracted with bread and circuses so that those in charge can keep everything together.

I've been thinking about this since the most recent war announcement, and again after reading about the fireside chat from yesterday (which I missed), and I can't help but think what is going on right now is brilliant. We announce loving viceroys to collect tribute? We either get rich or get fights. Moreover though, the thought that we should announce such a thing plays into grrgons thinking so well it might be what finally drives the mishmash of our enemies into a unified coalition (such as they can muster), because this new emergent gameplay is "so unfair!" and announcement so arrogant--especially hitting lowsec thus bringing into potential conflict some of those elite pvp types--to take down the "new BoB". We should be getting fights no matter how I parse this. Which is all I want personally, as a nobody line member.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

If you think In-N-Out is mediocre or bad you are wrong and stupid.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

scandoslav posted:

:agreed:

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

scandoslav posted:

yeah and also gay

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Five Guys

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Venom Snake posted:

I like Five Guys

:gay:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

For real though, despite how expensive their burgers are they're totally worth it on occasion. They have a place near where I work and its a struggle not to go there more than once every month or two.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

DarkMalfunction posted:

If you think mass-produced poo poo at Frankie and Benny's is any good I literally weep for your taste buds. Enjoy waiting 45 minutes in an empty restaurant for over-priced poor-quality food.

Swit
Sep 6, 2013

by Cowcaster

MorsAnima posted:

If you think mass-produced poo poo at Frankie and Benny's is any good I literally weep for your taste buds. Enjoy waiting 45 minutes in an empty restaurant for over-priced poor-quality food.

That's good if you have to write a book.
It takes me over 2 hours at the coffee shop with one small double-double on my slow tablet to punch in the text code.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Bilirubin posted:

I've been thinking about this since the most recent war announcement, and again after reading about the fireside chat from yesterday (which I missed), and I can't help but think what is going on right now is brilliant. We announce loving viceroys to collect tribute? We either get rich or get fights. Moreover though, the thought that we should announce such a thing plays into grrgons thinking so well it might be what finally drives the mishmash of our enemies into a unified coalition (such as they can muster), because this new emergent gameplay is "so unfair!" and announcement so arrogant--especially hitting lowsec thus bringing into potential conflict some of those elite pvp types--to take down the "new BoB". We should be getting fights no matter how I parse this. Which is all I want personally, as a nobody line member.

Yeah.. it could basically be summed up as "pay or fight but you're getting trolled either way."

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

source your quotes
I have a working palette.

It's a lovely chain using an oft-repeated theme to somehow justify huge markups on food largely carted in and 'cooked' by chefs that couldn't find work elsewhere.
Recommending them for burgers is especially bad, because even in the arena of "one in every town" there's actually edible stuff like GBK / 5 Guys that's not hard to find.

F&B is mildly impressive if you're like a first year student up to the point you get the bill then don't eat the rest of the month.

As an exercise try to find an F&B that breaks 3 stars on Yelp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

He called it.

But yeah, Syndicate sucks balls again, and pretty much everyone awesome in Groon went to HV... except for Vic, who joined Rote. :wtc:

• Locked thread