Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

gently caress off with these tirtougas jesus christ

gently caress off with these durants jesus christ

gently caress OFF WITH THESE LUXIOS JESUS CHRIST

hahahahahahah

just wait until you get Heliolisk

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Wait, what can Durants do? I haven't let one make a move on me yet.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Strange Quark posted:

Oh poo poo, bringing a motivated Unown doubles everyone's exp. Unown is actually useful.

It does this for any Pokémon that's feeling extra motivated! :D

I like it. It gives you incentive for changing up your team.

Zore posted:

hahahahahahah

Oh god this. But then I picked up a Fletchinder with Razor Wind and who's laughing now, motherfuckers? :getin: ALL THE POWER.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

It does this for any Pokémon that's feeling extra motivated! :D

If you bring Unown with the other motivated Pokemon, it'll stack with their bonuses, so you'll be getting x6 exp!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Caidin posted:

Wait, what can Durants do? I haven't let one make a move on me yet.

I left my partner alone with one and they fury cutter'd them down in three hits

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

hahahahahahah

I saw that fucker charge and I didn't let it make a move before I hit it with a slumber rod and alliance'd it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Strange Quark posted:

If you bring Unown with the other motivated Pokemon, it'll stack with their bonuses, so you'll be getting x6 exp!!

What? poo poo, you're right! An actual use for Unown!

Is that something specific to Unown or can other Pokémon do that?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

What? poo poo, you're right! An actual use for Unown!

Is that something specific to Unown or can other Pokémon do that?

The message popped up specifically talking about Unown, so I assume it's unique.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I bought the game thanks to you for talking about it thread :wooper: :wooper:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Abusing alliance seems super necessary with the odds they've been throwing me against

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I'm liking that they made this punishing. They finally figured out that people who like rogue likes enjoy having their assholes devastated as soon as possible.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Well played, game...

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol so what was it

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

JollyPubJerk posted:

lol so what was it

All are accurate in different ways.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hawlucha can't call me a Hawlucha maniac if he's gonna turn around on me and talk like randy savage

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bulbasaur is 001 in the dex. Mew is the first whose name was registered as a trademark. Rhydon is the first one in gen 1's data. Arceus is the first pokemon to exist in the lore.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

giving me a victini seems like overkill

YES PIDGEOTTO LET US TALK ABOUT HAVING GOOD EYES

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 22, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

giving me a victini seems like overkill

Eh, he's not that good.

Just wait until you get Dragonite; Destroyer of worlds.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Made it to Lively town and that's when gold bars and treasure boxes get back into things. I missed you Cofagrigus.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

Eh, he's not that good.

Just wait until you get Dragonite; Destroyer of worlds.

victory star on my sleep powders is powerful

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I like how every pokemon is somehow good in mystery dungeon. Espurr is a laser cat sniper

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I love my laser cat friend

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Soi it sounds like Super Mystery Dungeon is a good game.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
The rewards for ranking up are ridiculous. They really want to make up for the bullshit GtI players went through building up Paradise.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
A Mightyena just used thief on my Azumarill teammate and stole its looplet and ran away. What the gently caress, man.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I know you guys are balls deep in P:SMD but I was just wondering if there is anything in ORAS I should immediately start going out of my way to collect or do that I will regret not having started by the time I reach the end of the game and start breeding/battling online etc...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

wow petilil just comes equipped with sleep powder and giga drain

powerful

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alakazam, tyranitar, and charizard out of one mission

huh

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Guys help I told my partner they could be annoying and now I feel bad. :(

Given that I can't imagine this game having TOO much in the way of different events/dialog, I'd guess that even if you say they aren't annoying they just go "Oh I can tell you're lying, you think I'm annoying too" and the same thing happens.

Well, guess I've gotten to that Axew mission everyone's been talking about. Hope this goes well.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Given that I can't imagine this game having TOO much in the way of different events/dialog, I'd guess that even if you say they aren't annoying they just go "Oh I can tell you're lying, you think I'm annoying too" and the same thing happens.

Well, guess I've gotten to that Axew mission everyone's been talking about. Hope this goes well.
Pretty much, I told my Bulbasaur partner it was NOT annoying and it still took it the wrong way and was pissed somehow. Then again, at the beginning I said my partner was "cute" so maybe it's a girl, it all makes sense that way.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Rotom is kind of a jerk.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, you still lay it on a bit thick, and they don't take it well.

Nahxela posted:

Rotom is kind of a jerk.

Never trust secret base invitations. Those are pretty much always Monster Houses.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Does thunderbolt still wipe out everything around the user and shockwave still fly across the room?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Has anyone actually gotten a lucha token yet? I need to get back on that Adaptability Eevee pain train

also, did they ditch links?

Jarogue posted:

Does thunderbolt still wipe out everything around the user and shockwave still fly across the room?

shock wave hits around you now

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
This game has so many subtle callbacks I love it. Stuff like how Whiscash is connected to Alakazam, Charizard and Tyranitar.

Ruggington posted:

also, did they ditch links?

If you mean linking moves to other moves, that was dropped in GtI. Which I'm totally fine with, since really linking's only use was against bosses and Kecleon.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, so does Alliance guarantee multihit moves will connect all its max number of hits? Because it sure seems so and good god is having 10 hits with Technician + Barrage on Cinccino overpowered.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Benach posted:

If you mean linking moves to other moves, that was dropped in GtI. Which I'm totally fine with, since really linking's only use was against bosses and Kecleon.

rip charge+discharge

or charge+anything really

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Jesus Christ, Prankster

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

karn1635 posted:

I know you guys are balls deep in P:SMD but I was just wondering if there is anything in ORAS I should immediately start going out of my way to collect or do that I will regret not having started by the time I reach the end of the game and start breeding/battling online etc...

TMs. It's pretty annoying to go back and solve puzzles/remember what stores were carrying them all at once. Getting as many as you can early one makes it less a grind when you reach the end game. But even that you can make an argument that it's not really something that vital. Nothing is missable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

alakazam, tyranitar, and charizard out of one mission

huh

Its team ACT from the first game!

• Locked thread