Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dogmeat will bite the poo poo out of it then you can walk up and finish it off with the double barrel

am I like the only one who isn't having problems with dogmeat?

http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

why did they stand there like a dumbass when he saw dogmeat go through? wait till the turrets stop shooting then toss a grenade down the hallway

I've never lost dogmeat anywhere either, if I go up an elevator he'll respawn or meet me outside

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why did they stand there like a dumbass when he saw dogmeat go through? wait till the turrets stop shooting then toss a grenade down the hallway

I've never lost dogmeat anywhere either, if I go up an elevator he'll respawn or meet me outside

Comedy is supposed to be funny.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dogmeat will bite the poo poo out of it then you can walk up and finish it off with the double barrel

am I like the only one who isn't having problems with dogmeat?

dogmeats good

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

dogmeat is dogmurder

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When I rerolled I ran through the early game and missed the dialogue where I learn Dogmeat's name so he's just Dog.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dogmeat again?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

dogmeat is dogmurder

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When I rerolled I ran through the early game and missed the dialogue where I learn Dogmeat's name so he's just Dog.

Nice

why couldn't dogmeat be a cool cyberdog like rex or k9

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bc beth is intent on milking as much nostalgia as possible

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a week ago i finally set up my computer. i had bought it a few months ago and upgraded some parts in it but never actually turned it on. i finally bought a monitor so turned it on and download some games despite it's terrible GPU which still needs upgrading.

turns out games are terrible

FALLOUT 3

hey why not play the predecessor to fallout 4 for a fraction of the price. well because there are still no updates to make it launch on windows 10, or 8 or even loving 7. really.

anyway, it's very campy with lots of stereotype characters and over-acted voice acting that's fit for a children's show. there are a couple politically incorrect aspects too, like "slut shaming". the game usually has predictable dialogue options in this format [ "i agree, whatever, OK", "go piss up a tree", "go piss up 10 trees poo poo head" ]. but at a few time's in particular it's [ "you're a freak, and the real-world group you symbolize is freaky too", "ditto X2", ditto X3" ]. i mean it really annoys me that they undermine the games concept of choice at these key few parts to get a few shots in.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

i love the movie Stalker, so really want to get into this. but i get the sense the investment into this game has to be huge. it's not entirely voice acted and the gameplay is rough around the edges. it's another open world game so i know it's loaded with grind. after even an hour or two there's no telling whether the game is good or bad. the redeeming factor here would be whether it explores concepts the Stalker does. but how can I know from an open world game within only a few hours? it could just be poo poo.

Spec Ops the Line

i got this game because so many have called it critical of imperialism and also a worthy comparison to Metal gear Solid 2 in some ways. yet, like MGS 2, it is tedious and bad. how do i really know it will live up in the end? it doesn't have the initial bait-and-switch attention-grabbing boat mission that MGS 2 had before plopping you into the punishment of post-modern deconstruction. again i have to play for ages to know if it's worth it.

anyway none the less enjoying fallout 3 in short bursts

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

i love the movie Stalker, so really want to get into this. but i get the sense the investment into this game has to be huge. it's not entirely voice acted and the gameplay is rough around the edges. it's another open world game so i know it's loaded with grind. after even an hour or two there's no telling whether the game is good or bad. the redeeming factor here would be whether it explores concepts the Stalker does. but how can I know from an open world game within only a few hours? it could just be poo poo.

its very good with the new Call of Stalker mod

also it explores the concepts of the book Roadside Picnic more than it does the concept of the movie, which is agreeably amazing

ive played through the stalker games multiple times with and without mods and its really endearing and neat. almost like outsider art at times

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the heads of the super mutants really remind me of republican era roman busts

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
shovel knights runs at nearly 100% on the wii u emu

:psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RuCRblSGEY

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick/status/668276732365926400

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

i remember someone trying to defend that with "well salaries haven't gone up so our video games are actually more expensive than back then!"

like yeah, maybe that's a good argument to make but not because your video games cost :10bux: more in nominal dollars compared with 15 years ago.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I wonder what was so different about manufacturing and distributing Nintendo games in 1989 from today

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

computer parts posted:

i remember someone trying to defend that with "well salaries haven't gone up so our video games are actually more expensive than back then!"

like yeah, maybe that's a good argument to make but not because your video games cost :10bux: more in nominal dollars compared with 15 years ago.
might help to know what inflation actually represents too

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Al! posted:

I wonder what was so different about manufacturing and distributing Nintendo games in 1989 from today

burning roms was expensive, especially since nintendo controlled manufacturing for its systems

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

"Also worth noting: the automotive industry has been WELL behind inflation. In 1915, a typical car's sticker price was $2,005 ($46,879 today). If you buy a car today, expect to pay $31,252 on average. GREAT JOB, AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

"Also worth noting: the automotive industry has been WELL behind inflation. In 1915, a typical car's sticker price was $2,005 ($46,879 today). If you buy a car today, expect to pay $31,252 on average. GREAT JOB, AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY"

you could say the same thing about the price of oil since the 70s

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

actually it's about ethics in telling me what's worth noting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kenny Logins posted:

Old cars are often made of expensive materials like steel. It is super interesting how cars have managed to get cheaper and cheaper relatively

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
As the power of unions diminishes, the buying power of middle class Americans increases. Thank God Reagan made it so I don't pay $50,000 for a Detroit econo-shitbox that craps out after 60,000 miles if it doesn't kill me first.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Sudo Echo posted:

your include line in the .ini probably got overwritten with the default

thisi s what I thought but apparently in nexus mod manager you have to install the mods on one page and enable them on another. except they were already enabled.... idk I fixed it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i could type some boring words about inflation and commodities markets but i'm not gonna.

pleasurekevin stalker is really good but it's still broken. the third one has aged the best. spec ops: the line is good - the gameplay is only so-so but the story is awesome. don't skip through all the cutscenes like a friend of mine did.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

its very good with the new Call of Stalker mod

also it explores the concepts of the book Roadside Picnic more than it does the concept of the movie, which is agreeably amazing

ive played through the stalker games multiple times with and without mods and its really endearing and neat. almost like outsider art at times

The stand alone lost alpha you can download is really cool, 100% free and contains a ton of balancing & quality of life for the original and also adds in tons of story and new areas that were cut from the original release due to time and recreated with assets provided by the now disbanded development team. It has some silly moments with the plot but is really amazing. The STALKER games are the only open world sandboxy games I can think of that I've played that genuinely feel like a real living world in terms of setting creation - In fallout 4 if I hear gunfire it is going to be one of X number of randomly pregenerated events the game decided it would pull off a list for me to experience, whereas in stalker the gunfire I'm running towards could be a random clash of mutants, bandits, soldiers or fellow stalkers out looking for anomalies etc that are part of the world and do their thing and randomly come across each other in the world and react accordingly. They're also one of the few games (modded more so than vanilla) which feel like they manage to keep the tense atmosphere of scrounging and survival through the entire game instead of just hitting a midpoint where you have a billion bullets and health packs and can ignore gameplay mechanics.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

corn in the bible posted:

Old cars are often made of expensive materials like steel. It is super interesting how cars have managed to get cheaper and cheaper relatively

they also didn't have expensive useless features like "seat belts" though, so they could be even cheaper!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

computer parts posted:

they also didn't have expensive useless features like "seat belts" though, so they could be even cheaper!

thats true! my favorite old car is the original oldsmobile whcih is just straight up a regular horse-drawn carriage with an engine in it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its so safe

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

correction: capitalism is killing video games

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

capitalism is killing us all, my friend

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
help

http://www.stormpowered.com/stormcloud/games/5776/index.asp

i'm seriously considering getting this

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUbWSFhUcAAh18O.mp4

bushido bow p cool

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

computer parts posted:

gently caress your cars

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what is this a steam alternative for storm front people

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

PleasureKevin posted:

what is this a steam alternative for storm front people
idk. i told a friend that i wanted a jutland wargame, and he linked that to me

looking a bit deeper, it seems like it's pretty much been abandoned by the devs. kind of sad

so instead i'm looking at this: http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/ruwaddo.html

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Knuc U Kinte posted:

same

i actually didn't even meet him until much later because something bugged out and he wasn't where he was supposed to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

• Locked thread