Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Ideally there would be a cornucopia of different competing operating systems, but since we only have basically two - Android and iOS - there's not much competition going on. (Hell, not even Microsoft could get their share going.) The fact that both of those mobile infrastructures are located in the US is bad news for technological independence. What is it that Europe - or Finland for that matter - can't get a single leg up in this field? poo poo sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sure you're not thinking of kermamunkkit? That might even be a picture of one, the elusive sputnik is hard to photograph.

Nah, I'm thinking of "täytemunkki". Same basic idea as a kermamunkki, except it's jam-filled.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I have a friend who posted their naamakirja full of jolla poo poo trying to hype it up and theyre also kinda insufferable at times so the vahingonilo is titillating

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Arhinmäki has announced he won't be running for party leader next summer. Say hello to Li Andersson.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Left Alliance's current head Paavo Arhinmäki has announced he's not going to continue his gig after his term, so this summer will see a new chairman for the party.

EDIT: Goddamn. Well, some commentary: While Paavo has been less charismatic lately, he's still one of the top people who vacuumed votes for the party. It'll be interesting to see who'll compete for the top spot.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
:derp: TERROR REIGNS IN RAUMA :derp:

Mies riehui puukon kanssa kerrostalossa – luuli menneensä vastaanottokeskukseen

Raumalaisen miehen epäillään syyllistyneen törkeän pahoinpitelyn yritykseen perjantai-iltana.

Mies oli mennyt kerrostalolle, jossa oletti asuvan maahanmuuttajia. Hän oli mennyt talossa olleeseen asuntoon ja pyytänyt pari pulloa olutta siellä asuvilta ulkomaalaisilta työntekijöiltä.

Ne juotuaan mies oli vaatinut lisää olutta, mutta enempää hänelle ei tarjottu. Silloin mies oli ottanut puukon esille ja osoitellut sillä asunnossa olijoita. Miehen poistuttua asunnosta hänen peräänsä oli lähdetty porukalla. Pihalla raumalainen oli ilmoittajien mukaan yrittänyt lyödä puukolla yhtä perään lähteneistä.

Mies otettiin kiinni ja toimitettiin poliisivankilaan. Poliisille hän kertoi vastustavansa maahanmuuttoa ja menneensä siksi olettamaansa vastaanottokeskukseen.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Left Alliance's current head Paavo Arhinmäki has announced he's not going to continue his gig after his term, so this summer will see a new chairman for the party.

EDIT: Goddamn. Well, some commentary: While Paavo has been less charismatic lately, he's still one of the top people who vacuumed votes for the party. It'll be interesting to see who'll compete for the top spot.

Paavo was charismatic at some point?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Andrast posted:

Comparatively.

You know, probably the best thing Vasemmistoliitto could do was to fold up and tell their voters to vote for SDP instead :shrug:.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Puistokemisti posted:

Comparatively.

You know, probably the best thing Vasemmistoliitto and SDP could do was to fold up and tell their voters to vote for SKP instead :shrug:.

Korjasin tämän sinulle.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

Also Jolla was basically directly competing with android and someone actually thought that was gonna work?

Yeah and Android tried competing with Nokia and Symbian without any device manufacturer commitments. lol idiots.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

did Jolla ever even get as far as to release something, I can't recall seeing a single product of theirs anywhere

They made a phone

Ligur posted:

They expanded like crazy "lol from 150 to 600 in a year haahaahaa" and even tried recruiting some of my friends. They were like, nah.

Everyone who was in the early 2000s crash knew what was going to be up.

Wheany posted:

Same goes for Rovio, btw. They hired a shitload of people, but didn't really seem to be able to get anything interesting out, just angrier birds.

The trailer for the animated film looked a lot better than I expected, though.

Probably their biggest problem was the need to expand super quickly and start incurring high costs without having any sales. Potentially high reward, but also very high risk, turns out the risk hit here.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The market is pretty different now than it was then. But you are right of course that it's easy to call anything that fails a bad idea after the fact.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I don't know poo poo about jolla but I was told one of their problems was that they had to make their own hardware, they wanted to do like android and just make software for other platforums but I dunno why they couldn't, some legalistic BS perhaps.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
IMO Merja Kyllönen would be the perfect choice to succeed Paavo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

From a dumb-rear end point of view. You need the dumb-rear end vote as well you know.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Well, Arhinmäki got a lot of votes in the Helsinki region, I remember he got more votes than Halla-aho at one point.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

who will all the hesan humanistihipsterit vote for now???

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

HerraS posted:

who will all the hesan humanistihipsterit vote for now???

Greens, probably. Although didn't they vote for them anyway?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

all the humanistikirppari women who don't wear makeup and dress in pussihousut vote LA, this is a luonnonlaki

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Arhinmäki's votes plummeted in the last election though. So he certainly lost his base of support from being in the government.

It's kind of sad really. I really feel the Left Alliance could have been in government AND gained support with another strategy. So that's one of his biggest fuckups, really.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Arhinmäki has announced he won't be running for party leader next summer. Say hello to Li Andersson.

That's better. You know there still might be the same bullshit, but at least the person who is saying that is pretty hot. As a left voter I'm reasonably happy about that, everyone else has just ugly prunes and/or engineer nerds leading them. And Stubbdog.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 21, 2015

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
As another left voter I agree hotness is important. Stubb and his deranged vampire look certainly appealed to Kok so why shouldn't LA have a leader that physically resembles the beauty of virtues such as equality and solidarity. :love:

It's funny how the narrative about Li is at least half focused on her looks. She's been in a bunch of interviews and debates and whatnot and is better at them than most politicians including Arhis.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

HerraS posted:

all the humanistikirppari women who don't wear makeup and dress in pussihousut vote LA, this is a luonnonlaki

this is known :biotruths:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
So who else votes LA?

Also, do you feel "victimised" or perhaps oppressed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

So who else votes LA?

Also, do you feel "victimised" or perhaps oppressed.

Not as much as you.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not as much as you.

:boom:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Siimes retired to receive sweet, sweet gigs as a lackey of capitalists. I hope Arhiippa got a similar deal from EK, it would only be fair.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I can't really be arsed to vote anymore. It's not like it matters anyway.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
D&D dot picture.

Justufinhaamu
Nov 12, 2008
http://yle.fi/uutiset/irakilainen_homo_joutuu_pelkaamaan_vastaanottokeskuksessa_suomessa/8453642

Sucks.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

He's only got himself to blame for choosing to be a homosexual.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Middle-Eastern young male fashion, both couture- and coiffure-wise, is ultra gay so unless he goes around the building assfucking men, how can they tell?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Being gay in Iraq is pretty lovely, even the police partake in the local gay bashing. Some of the tortures there are downright inhumane.

Fun trivia fact: Dubai is the center of Middle-Eastern gay culture.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Middle-Eastern young male fashion, both couture- and coiffure-wise, is ultra gay so unless he goes around the building assfucking men, how can they tell?
Not kidding

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

Some of the tortures there are downright inhumane.

Describe to me humane torture.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Wheany posted:

Describe to me humane torture.

Do you like S/M?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Do you like S/M?

He reads this thread doesn't he?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
No kinkshaming please, it triggers me.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Wheany posted:

No kinkshaming please, it triggers me.

Let the cops fulfill their fantasies. You're intolerant if you disagree.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Good job, ligur