Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/iC6eNqG.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Caedus posted:

I nearly mulched a kitty in my engine today. It was warming up next to my engine, but there was a kitty tail sticking out and I shooed him away before driving off. Winter is coming, be Car-Cat aware!
That's how my parents got a cat. Except he was hiding in a tank.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

That is awesome and I want to know how the puppet parts work.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Oh gosh I think my heart melted a little.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

IMJack posted:

That is awesome and I want to know how the puppet parts work.
It looks like one paw is only ever in use, I'm guessing the head is operated by the other puppeteer's hand and they swap em round from time to time. Amazing costume and puppeteering there!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm loving everything Butterscotch, but your humongous pictures inveriably make my browser crash. I'm hoping I can persuade you to make use of imgur's built in thumbnail features. The timg feature still loads the entire picture.
Stop using Netscape Navigator.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

mick ohio posted:

I made a little scarf for my cat. He actually loves it and came running to me when it came undone. :3

He looks like a Dickens character.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Leofish posted:

My wife's co-workers!

They are on top of things :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:woof:
http://i.imgur.com/dDOAoYW.webm

Eodoin
Dec 3, 2014

mick ohio posted:

I made a little scarf for my cat. He actually loves it and came running to me when it came undone. :3

I love this :allears:

Reminds me of Churchill's scarf

He also loves his and gets upset whenever it's time to take it off.

Every time I thought it would end it just kept getting better

Eodoin has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Nov 21, 2015

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kalstrams posted:

Stop using Netscape Navigator.

To be fair, if I scroll down a Butterscotch post too fast on the Awful app, it also crashes.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Butterscotch: too fat for apps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awful app is awful not only in metaphorical, but also in technical sense.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The sign says it will, but the frog says get out.

The Frog cannot control what meanings we mere mortals imbue Him with. He is a loving soul at heart.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

This clips slays me every time. I think we all have doubts sometimes as to what our life is really worth (well, I certainly do) and rarely will we have the opportunity to have made such a crucial difference to quite so many people. But this always reminds me that everything you do has an effect on somebody. I think most of us try to live as well as we can and even doing the little that is possible from day to day will add up to make big differences to the people we have around us. We can't all be a Schindler or Winton but I like to think we do our best.

I've recently found myself in a situation where I really do have these doubts and am finding things very hard; a lot of conflict within myself about my worth in this situation. I struggle with it but I try to think every evening, when I am back home on my own, that I lead to a positive impact on those around me that day, at final accounting. It's not a lot but it gets me through.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

No prison can hold me! :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Inferior posted:

No prison can hold me! :3:

Cat-i-ca! Cat-i-Ca!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
More puppies.
http://imgur.com/a/lKoUy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007

Hey is there an easy way to post a picture from imgur that isn't a link, just the photo? Tia, I am dumb.

As far as cute goes, a dog comes into my workplace whose name is Ivan the Terrier :3:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

porkswordonboard posted:

Hey is there an easy way to post a picture from imgur that isn't a link, just the photo? Tia, I am dumb.

As far as cute goes, a dog comes into my workplace whose name is Ivan the Terrier :3:

use the [img] tag, with the url in between. Use timg if you just want a thumbnail that people can expand. The tables will thank you.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Oh are we posting animals in scarves now? The sheep aren't as excited about Major's scarf as they are about his shiny shirt but I think he's pretty handsome.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ArchangeI posted:

They are on top of things :3:

They're helping! :kimchi:

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007

^ thanks man, much appreciated.

We also have a dog named Mr. Donuts...and his (adopted) brother, a massive pitbull, named Mr. Munchkin. Because of course.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007

(Better than the lovely link I posted before)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Oh are we posting animals in scarves now? The sheep aren't as excited about Major's scarf as they are about his shiny shirt but I think he's pretty handsome.

Yay Major :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leofish posted:

My wife's co-workers!

The master inpurr and outpurr piles.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

This dog for next POTUS

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Fat puppies!

sleepy tickly tubby puppy http://i.imgur.com/38UHeBD.webm

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

BUCKET of dogs

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sel Nar posted:

Alcohol stuff
Beer and wine aren't distilled, so he wouldn't have been using a "still" :eng101: I don't think there is a word for the collective beermaking/winemaking equipment, though ("brewery" and "winery" refer to commercial businesses).

A still is the piece of equipment used to boil off alcohol from a liquid, then capture and condense the vapour. This concentrates the alcohol. There's only so much alcohol percentage you can get from just fermentation because the yeast eventually dies (alcohol kills yeast), so if you want to make spirits you have to distil. And it's illegal to home-distil pretty much everywhere (hence moonshine)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

cash crab posted:

BUCKET of dogs

I'LL TAKE TEN!

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Beer and wine aren't distilled, so he wouldn't have been using a "still" :eng101: I don't think there is a word for the collective beermaking/winemaking equipment, though ("brewery" and "winery" refer to commercial businesses).

A still is the piece of equipment used to boil off alcohol from a liquid, then capture and condense the vapour. This concentrates the alcohol. There's only so much alcohol percentage you can get from just fermentation because the yeast eventually dies (alcohol kills yeast), so if you want to make spirits you have to distil. And it's illegal to home-distil pretty much everywhere (hence moonshine)

Thanks for explaining that; I admit, I'm pretty much a non-drinker, and I was less than a year old when Dad had his beer-making project, so I knew I was going to get some of the mechanical facts wrong. I'm just relating the stories as they pop up, and hoping you guys get a good chuckle at some of the antics and shenanigans that the most awesome dad in the world got up to.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sel Nar posted:

Thanks for explaining that; I admit, I'm pretty much a non-drinker, and I was less than a year old when Dad had his beer-making project, so I knew I was going to get some of the mechanical facts wrong. I'm just relating the stories as they pop up, and hoping you guys get a good chuckle at some of the antics and shenanigans that the most awesome dad in the world got up to.

Oh, sure. Keep 'em coming :) I just like explaining stuff.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

NLJP posted:

This clips slays me every time. I think we all have doubts sometimes as to what our life is really worth (well, I certainly do) and rarely will we have the opportunity to have made such a crucial difference to quite so many people. But this always reminds me that everything you do has an effect on somebody. I think most of us try to live as well as we can and even doing the little that is possible from day to day will add up to make big differences to the people we have around us. We can't all be a Schindler or Winton but I like to think we do our best.

I've recently found myself in a situation where I really do have these doubts and am finding things very hard; a lot of conflict within myself about my worth in this situation. I struggle with it but I try to think every evening, when I am back home on my own, that I lead to a positive impact on those around me that day, at final accounting. It's not a lot but it gets me through.

You don't even have to be a Schindler or Winton to have an impact on a lot of lives. When my father was alive if you had asked him how many friends he had you would get a number between one and five, depending on how depressed he was on that particular day. When he passed away we weren't expecting more than about twenty people to be at his funeral. There were three hundred people at his funeral. These weren't people we personally notified, these were lives that my father had touched and found out about his death through the newspaper/grape vine. My father was a quiet and reclusive man by and large but he'd made a difference in the lives of these people so much so that they came to pay their respects when he died. These were people none of my family really knew. Just by being a kind and helpful person you can have a profound impact on an incredible number of lives even if you don't do something as grand and as noble as what Schindler or Winton did.

Whatever it is that you're going through that seems to be tough now and causing you to doubt your worth just remember that whatever the situation is it will pass and that someone out there values you, probably more than you realize.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

There's something about proper working dogs, isn't there?

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
So um. I got an email from a family member that they recent adopted a big orange and white cat named Butterscotch. Need to know if I've inherited photographer duties.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kitty! I have been led to believe it's a Scottish Fold.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Deport The Irish posted:

So um. I got an email from a family member that they recent adopted a big orange and white cat named Butterscotch. Need to know if I've inherited photographer duties.

I don't know what would be better; that you are going to inherit Real Butterscotch, or if there is a Butterscotch Lite somewhere and we now have double the Butterscotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Oh my God it has his initial on it.

• Locked thread