Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
The answer to the question "Do you want to meet (person from Harmontown audience)?" should always be "gently caress no!" gently caress Dave Klein.

Also, Andy Kindler is and always has been awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Came here to also post gently caress Dave Klein, what a bad choice to let him on the stage, didn't they figure out he had nothing to offer from the first time they brought his dumb rear end up?

In fact, the last time someone worthwhile was brought up on stage it was Spencer.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

what's so bad about dave klein

Note: I don't listen to the podcast any more

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

YUP!

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Toxxupation posted:

He is a one trick pony whose trick was old when we met him.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Which one is he again? I haven't heard the latest episode.

Most of the people they bring on stage from the audience are horrible. In particular, the people who you can tell actively wanted to be on stage are the worst.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

He's alright, not any worse than any of the other people they bring up. I enjoyed the rap even though Dave's part made no sense and didn't rhyme, it sounded like it did though.

He didn't really have anything to say other than how he's creepy and how "genius is creep", and then he listed a bunch of celebrities who are creeps/geniuses.

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012

ElCondemn posted:

He's alright, not any worse than any of the other people they bring up. I enjoyed the rap even though Dave's part made no sense and didn't rhyme, it sounded like it did though.

He didn't really have anything to say other than how he's creepy and how "genius is creep", and then he listed a bunch of celebrities who are creeps/geniuses.

I take back what I said about this guy being a garden variety attention whore, he was particularly insufferable this episode, and in retrospect he's always been this spergy/oversells everything that comes out of his mouth. They really need to stop enabling this guy, he's awful.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

PollosBromanos posted:

I take back what I said about this guy being a garden variety attention whore, he was particularly insufferable this episode, and in retrospect he's always been this spergy/oversells everything that comes out of his mouth. They really need to stop enabling this guy, he's awful.

Is everyone just listening to hate it or something? It's not like the show is anything more than Dan Harmon exposing himself with improv bits and role playing thrown in every once in a while... like, what the gently caress do you guys expect this to be? There is literally no plan to the show and the Dave's of the world are what keep this thing going, Dave filled a good 20 minutes what else do you want?

All I keep hearing from you guys is "The show was better back in the day when everything was unplanned and poorly put together", literally nothing has changed.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 12, 2015

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
Why is it so hard for you to accept that being critical about one relatively minor aspect of something doesn't mean that you're hate-consuming it? I literally haven't said anything else about the show or what I expect from it besides not wanting to hear from one lovely guest, I'm not exactly lamenting the golden days here. He filled 20 minutes with cloying bullshit, and I don't expect people like Dave Klein or some other random guest to hit homeruns here, but if Dan wants a guest to tread water for that long, then the only reasonable expectation I can have from the show after listening since the beginning is for that guest to not be an annoying gimmick. You obviously aren't as put off by him as I am and that's fine, but it's a little ridiculous that you can't understand that not liking a bit character doesn't mean I hate the show.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

PollosBromanos posted:

then the only reasonable expectation I can have from the show after listening since the beginning is for that guest to not be an annoying gimmick.

Reasonably you shouldn't expect anything at all from a free podcast, even if you've been listening "since the beginning". Though I guess if you're a subscriber you should reasonably expect to receive a stream several days before the podcast is released, other than that I can't imagine what you think is "reasonably expected" from the content of the show.

PollosBromanos posted:

You obviously aren't as put off by him as I am and that's fine, but it's a little ridiculous that you can't understand that not liking a bit character doesn't mean I hate the show.

I'm not keeping track of your posts, so excuse me for quoting you specifically.

I just don't see why people poo poo on the show so much, I like Dave and I liked his rap. I also liked how awkward it seemed for Aubrey to have to interact with Dave and Dan.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I think part of it is the Harmontown audience here growing up while Harmon stays the same.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ElCondemn posted:

Reasonably you shouldn't expect anything at all from a free podcast, even if you've been listening "since the beginning".

Oh good, a "If you don't like it demand a refund :smuggo: " post

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

Oh good, a "If you don't like it stop listening :smuggo:" post

I must have overlooked the subscription terms that explained what I'm entitled to when listening to this podcast. If you don't like something just say you don't like it, there is nothing that is "reasonably expected" with free content.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 13, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ElCondemn posted:

I must have overlooked the subscription terms that explained what I'm entitled to when listening to this podcast. If you don't like something just say you don't like it, there is nothing that is "reasonably expected" with free content.

Toxxupation posted:

Oh good, a "If you don't like it demand a refund :smuggo: " post

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

You can always tell when shitposters are mad about someone proving they are shitposters when they keep shitposting.

Bored with life? Shitpost! It has basically no downsides!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why do people complain about the weather? It's free rear end in a top hat!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Who's at Harmontown in New York right now?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pretty excited

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

poo poo was dope y'all.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Get outta here, Dave Klein

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Wait, what happened to Spencer? When Dino came out Dan said, "We can talk about Spencer, right?" but then they got sidetracked onto that Aerosmith song.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

Wait, what happened to Spencer? When Dino came out Dan said, "We can talk about Spencer, right?" but then they got sidetracked onto that Aerosmith song.
Dino probably wanted to call him the N-word

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Golden Bee posted:

Dino probably wanted to call him the N-word

A+

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
I don't like how they always treat Dino like a freakshow :/

I will never get sick of Dan telling jokes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Whats the mp4 filename this week?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Jesus, did Dan's voice ever get this hosed up during the tour? He sounds like Tom Waits.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Wank posted:

I don't like how they always treat Dino like a freakshow :/

I will never get sick of Dan telling jokes.

That was probably the best Dino's ever been, mostly because they didn't give him enough time to be "ironically" sexist and racist. He's pretty great as long as he's just telling weird sex stories.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, if you can, watch the video instead of the audio. I wish I knew they had extended their show for another night.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Similar to my comment at the top of the page, has "Does anyone want to come up here and tell us about..." Ever resulted in a segment that *wasn't* completely insufferable?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

God save Jeff

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So what does the video show this week? Nipple dicks?

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

TontoCorazon posted:

Holy poo poo, if you can, watch the video instead of the audio. I wish I knew they had extended their show for another night.

Something really cathartic about watching someone go completely to pieces so publicly. Great show.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Good God the last 20 minutes of the show were a train wreck.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

In fact, the last time someone worthwhile was brought up on stage it was Spencer.

There were a few that were ok, but most were garbage. The two I can think of off the top of my head that I thought were decent were golden bee's roomate and that chick that studied racist brain activities. But then again maybe those both counted more as guests than audience shouters.

Hey goldberg did Jeff ever get in your roomates latex pants?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Evil Agita posted:

There were a few that were ok, but most were garbage. The two I can think of off the top of my head that I thought were decent were golden bee's roomate and that chick that studied racist brain activities. But then again maybe those both counted more as guests than audience shouters.

Hey goldberg did Jeff ever get in your roomates latex pants?

I love that Golden Bee's roommate made it into the Harmontown documentary, but not the man himself. It's such an amazing burn.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

To be fair, she's one of three(?) black women to ever speak on stage. (Star and another one maybe during the tour? Maybe one every 60+ episodes?)

Jeff was with this amazing Yoga Instructor at the time, although he's single lately. There was no Davis/David action.

Edit: They deliberately put in a reaction shot of me into the first few minutes of the show. I'm sure if you did the Somerville show it'd be all Adam, all the time.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 6, 2015

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Wow, that little kid regression thing was uncomfortable.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Another good Schrab episode this week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
the thing about schrab sending harmon a dick pic right after bringing up their dead friend was great

edit: Were they implying that schrab actually got in trouble for the silly Lego movie summary that he made up the last time he was on?