Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I just did my final out today. What's up dick butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SheaMMd8H5g

Sotar fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
lol AFSOC flight test. Exactly what you'd expect when you put the words "AFSOC" and "flight test" in the same sentence.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

iyaayas01 posted:

lol AFSOC flight test. Exactly what you'd expect when you put the words "AFSOC" and "flight test" in the same sentence.
413 FLTS is 96th Wing (AFMC). The reporter was confused.

standard.deviant fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 19, 2015

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
Yep. 413th (AFMC) and the 18th (AFSOC) FLTS are in the same building.

What's wrong with "AFSOC flight test" again?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Winterfresh posted:

What's wrong with "AFSOC flight test" again?

They's a bunch o' cowboy elvises and we shouldn't be surprised if they messed up a planr!

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

They's a bunch o' cowboy elvises and we shouldn't be surprised if they messed up a planr!

This but unironically, also they don't really understand the concept of writing a test plan and executing it as opposed to just flying the plane around a couple times to "make sure it works" and calling it good. And that's when they bother to test stuff as opposed to just direct fielding everything.

Granted I'm only speaking from experience with them in my little corner of the AF so for all I know on every other platform there's no problems and everyone is a consummate professional.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

iyaayas01 posted:

This but unironically, also they don't really understand the concept of writing a test plan and executing it as opposed to just flying the plane around a couple times to "make sure it works" and calling it good. And that's when they bother to test stuff as opposed to just direct fielding everything.

Granted I'm only speaking from experience with them in my little corner of the AF so for all I know on every other platform there's no problems and everyone is a consummate professional.

AFSOC gonna AFSOC

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.

iyaayas01 posted:

As someone who has flown more than my share of tedious test flights, I assure you that your experience is the exception.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Winterfresh posted:

As someone who has flown more than my share of tedious test flights, I assure you that your experience is the exception.

That's unsurprising. Everything this program touches is an exception.

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...
Final out on Wednesday to start medical retirement. Best feeling ever.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Mister Man posted:

Final out on Wednesday to start medical retirement. Best feeling ever.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

xaarman posted:

Yeah, I bet the KC-135 (and other 11Ms) would love to hear they are overmanned.

When I got here 3 years ago, they said expect to go back to Offutt... so everything is pretty much going as I was told.

Welcome back. Ill prepare the desert schwarma for you.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

And we're stuck with goddamn Max Impact.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

And we're stuck with goddamn Max Impact.

Don't forget epic poo poo like the Tops In Blue and whatever the gay Golden West band at Travis is named

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Well crap I broke my string of no weekend duties in 10 months by having to come in for 2 hrs today and drive the launch truck. I guess a CTO and a one day work week next week is a decent enough compensation.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-J-HdLkbQ

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

Yeah, I bet the KC-135 (and other 11Ms) would love to hear they are overmanned.

11M's probably are overmanned, tbqh. Its not like we have any special skills besides managing to not be the 3% of dudes who failed UPT.

Anyway, take that weak poo poo to Nebraska, ACC boy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I kinda wish that 10 years ago I had the idea to just compile all the numbers published and press releases from AFPC and track that poo poo for myself because everything changes from month-to-month. It'd be nice to have dates and points where everything goes off the rails completely, just to be able to say "Yeah here's where they lied about X, here's where they changed the method of accounting for Y, and here's where they got caught making poo poo up about Z with no consequences."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Rythe posted:

Well crap I broke my string of no weekend duties in 10 months by having to come in for 2 hrs today and drive the launch truck. I guess a CTO and a one day work week next week is a decent enough compensation.

:laffo:

loving noners

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

It's been 15 days since I worked a weekend shift :unsmith:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

It's been 15 days since I worked a weekend shift :unsmith:

It's been 6 months since I didn't. :smith:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
What's this working the weekend stuff? :yayclod:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

You have no idea how nonner this airframe is, I absolutely love this candy land. I worked harder as an instructor then I have out here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity. posted:

What's this working the weekend stuff? :yayclod:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
gently caress you guys I have another year of night shift and weekend work until freedom. Hopefully the world burns before then.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I managed to lose my ID card the day before I final out. I may actually be the dumbest Airman alive

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As long as you don't have to go on base again, who cares. You don't even have to turn it in.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

As long as you don't have to go on base again, who cares. You don't even have to turn it in.

Yeah that's not really accurate. Someone hosed up if they didn't take it back.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
They didn't take mine back. Was pretty useful getting that government rate at hotels while I looked for a place to live.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Are we talking about a CAC or the horizontal card?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I thought it was pretty obviously a CAC. I've never even heard of a horizontal card. Is that some secret officer bullshit to get into the backroom of the club on base where all the strippers and blow are?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No, it's what everyone who doesn't have a CAC gets. TAMP, IRR, retirees, dependents, guard/reserve who don't need/get computer access, etc. They hosed up if they didn't take the CAC back.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Godholio posted:

No, it's what everyone who doesn't have a CAC gets. TAMP, IRR, retirees, dependents, guard/reserve who don't need/get computer access, etc. They hosed up if they didn't take the CAC back.

Oops

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The only thing Tinker was competent at was loving over personnel. :sigh:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Turn it into a christmas ornament.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I'll get in on this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A Kpro posted:

I'll get in on this

jfc cut your nails and get your wii-u off the floor

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I went to leave and asked the guy if I need to turn my CAC in. And he said no they'd just turn it off on my separation date. How do I get the irr id? No one explained anything. I turned my forms in and the guy told me to leave.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You can get the IRR card at any MPF. It was part of our out-processing checklist, but it's reflected in DEERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Godholio posted:

You can get the IRR card at any MPF. It was part of our out-processing checklist, but it's reflected in DEERS.

DEERS was down the day I did final out, and I can't bring myself to go to a base to get an IRR ID card.

• Locked thread