Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath three goblins and three trolls from Mantic Games, 28mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Silver strips are magnetic tape - the cells for unit bases are quite snug, the magnetic tape just makes everything slightly more secure.

And for the Jurnal, a lovely sprinkling of autumn leaves;

Also got to play with Vallejo's liquid water effects;

Finally, one of the bases in action (counts-as Lykanis)

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Scorpion Neuromancer from Rackham for the month of November

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey oathers, just a reminder that it's time for TG Secret Santa, an excellent opportunity to send and receive miniatures and other TG game related stuff! It's fun and cool and you should join in, assuming you are a responsible person who will remember to buy your Santee a present on time.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I got mail!

My major prize from last thread, a fancy airbrush!
Along with a literal handful of fancy brushes from earlier this year!

Thanks to the thread sponsors that make these prizes possible :3:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A bit late and pretty compact this month, I've mostly been working on assembling and tidying up minis for future months. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2015:
1 RT-Era Predator

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge with the leaves on the wizards.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:rock: Oath Complete :rock:

Apologies for the bad pics, I don't have a goot lighting setup for the middle of Autumn when it's dark as gently caress outside.

One salvaged RT-Era Predator, called Slayer 'cause it's metal as gently caress :rock: - plenty of freehand skulls for the Jurnal too!

Alongside squadron mate Reaper, which was painted as part of season 5

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Zark the Damned posted:

:rock: Oath Complete :rock:

Apologies for the bad pics, I don't have a goot lighting setup for the middle of Autumn when it's dark as gently caress outside.

One salvaged RT-Era Predator, called Slayer 'cause it's metal as gently caress :rock: - plenty of freehand skulls for the Jurnal too!

Alongside squadron mate Reaper, which was painted as part of season 5

If you make multiple oaths in a season, but only complete one can you save the whales the other one for the upcoming month? I ask because my Terminators are done but I doubt my Devastators will be ready in 10 days, especially with Thanksgiving.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Uroboros posted:

If you make multiple oaths in a season, but only complete one can you save the whales the other one for the upcoming month? I ask because my Terminators are done but I doubt my Devastators will be ready in 10 days, especially with Thanksgiving.

Everything you oath in one month is "an oath" which you either finished that month, or, you failed to finish and can therefore Save th Whales by finishing at any time for the rest of that Oathing Season.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Everything you oath in one month is "an oath" which you either finished that month, or, you failed to finish and can therefore Save th Whales by finishing at any time for the rest of that Oathing Season.

In that case I'd like to retract the Devastators and stick my original oath, the addition is to ambitious.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

But who is that in the well?

Silly skeleton. What are you doing down there?

Claiming technical challenge: paint orange and red leaves on your model

For reference the terrain looked like this originally. I just couldn't accept that boring dragon thing so I made a well and added the skele.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Uroboros posted:

In that case I'd like to retract the Devastators and stick my original oath, the addition is to ambitious.

No problem, you got this!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Overprepared Villager with Pitchfork AND Torch, (1) Hellhound, and (1) Pumpkinhead-Skeleton-Scarecrow Thing with Scythe by the end of November! All 28mm, Reaper Bones, zenithal primed as seen below.

...I mean, assuming I don't lapse into a tryptophan coma first.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

In addition to exuding autumn flavor generally, this cheerful little guy has his pitchfork and is all ready to help out with the harvest!

...a harvest of human souls is still a harvest, right?...

But! Just in case that isn't harvest-y enough for some folks, he's also standing in a mat of fall leaves! So my bases are doubly covered for the Challenge.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!

Sorry for the poo poo photo but I am afraid I'll be too bus in the next week to get a proper picture in. I hope it's ok!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, Hereby oath the following 5 greatswords from the Warhammer Empire Greatswords box - 28mm Games Workshop

Okay, long time goon, first time oather. Hoping I'm doing this right.

Oath complete.

Technical Challenge: Orange and red leaves (and also yellow)

Again, first oath. Lemme know if I screwed this up.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Painting white is hard, but that's how we learn eh!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath for November complete! Claiming jurnal for the birch tree ent with fall leaves and the Bugbear Squash Squad.

First up this month is a Birch Tree Ent wandering around in the fall season.

Next up is the Bugbear Squash Squad. Many creatures beyond the more civilized races also celebrate the fall harvest. The Bugbear is no different. Long ago they learned that the fall was a great time to send out squash squads to collect farmers as they labored. The Bugbear Squash Squads venture out to the fields in leather armor adorned to resemble squashes. Yellow studded greaves, lamellar adorned with gourds, and images of fall squashes on their shields. They rush out yelling "Squash!" as they beat them into jelly with their maces and clubs, and one with a sharp implement for skinning when necessary. Here the Bugbears make all of the Human Jam, Halfling Jelly and Elven Marmalade they need to sustain themselves through the cold season ahead.

Rohan spear and arrow units!

Everyone for the month in a group shot:

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 28, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

Next up is the Bugbear Squash Squad. Many creatures beyond the more civilized races also celebrate the fall harvest. The Bugbear is no different. Long ago they learned that the fall was a great time to send out squash squads to collect farmers as they labored. The Bugbear Squash Squads venture out to the fields in leather armor adorned to resemble squashes. Yellow studded greaves, lamellar adorned with gourds, and images of fall squashes on their shields. They rush out yelling "Squash!" as they beat them into jelly with their maces and clubs, and one with a sharp implement for skinning when necessary. Here the Bugbears make all of the Human Jam, Halfling Jelly and Elven Marmalade they need to sustain themselves through the cold season ahead.

Pretty sure these are the Best Bugbears TM :D

Surely you're claiming the backstory cheevo for that?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath this aquarium piece to use as terrain for the 3 days left i have of November.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

Pretty sure these are the Best Bugbears TM :D

Surely you're claiming the backstory cheevo for that?

Thanks! I would but claimed it back in august already.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Oath Addition!!

I, Germ, add to my nOvember oath the following:

1 large ruin and 15 small piles of rubble by Worldsmith Industries
1 25mm round piece of wood by some nameless craft company.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!!

I, Germ, add to my nOvember oath the following:

1 large ruin and 15 small piles of rubble by Worldsmith Industries
1 25mm round piece of wood by some nameless craft company.

Is that new products I spy? Looking good :D

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Reaper Bones evil swordsman guy

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

I got out the light tent, then found this thing doesn't really fit in it. Oh well.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 30, 2015

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath to paint the following model:

One Nomad Wildcat, Corvus belli Miniatures, 28mm

It's the end of the month so let's see if I can squeak a small oath in there.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Armour resplendent with festive painted skulls, Skulldor Skullman eagerly held his skullsword aloft as he strode through the riotous colour of the leaf-covered forest floor.

With his brightly painted spikeshield, he was sure to win the heart of a lady skullarian at the harvest fair.

Challenge completed with the painted skull, Day of the Dead theme, and harvest/autumn basing.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Is that new products I spy? Looking good :D

Thank you! Took me long enough, but I finally got some more terrain work done. Check your PMs!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 Ork Bikerboy, 28mm GW:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

I got out the light tent, then found this thing doesn't really fit in it. Oh well.

Holy crap. Month won.

Germ
May 7, 2013

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!!!:siren:

I知 claiming the Technical Challenge for the corpse/wound marker skull thingee. Sometimes the theme works with what I知 already painting, sometimes it gets me to do something I wasn稚 going to do anyway. Which, I知 guessing is the point!

Here are the Dark Eldar Warriors. These are for my Corsair army, so I carved off some of the spiky bits to get them to fit in with regular Eldar a bit better.

I知 pretty proud of the 2-story ruin! The floor slots in so it can be easily removed for gaming if need be. It stays up fine without that extra pillar, but it looks physics-defying, so the pillar helps sell it a bit. Dark Eldar for scale.

EDIT: Forgot the scatter terrain! For rubbling up everything else:

Germ fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 29, 2015

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete:

Jurnul is the greenstuffed leaved on the part of the base.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Germ posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!!!:siren:

I知 claiming the Technical Challenge for the corpse/wound marker skull thingee. Sometimes the theme works with what I知 already painting, sometimes it gets me to do something I wasn稚 going to do anyway. Which, I知 guessing is the point!

Here are the Dark Eldar Warriors. These are for my Corsair army, so I carved off some of the spiky bits to get them to fit in with regular Eldar a bit better.

I知 pretty proud of the 2-story ruin! The floor slots in so it can be easily removed for gaming if need be. It stays up fine without that extra pillar, but it looks physics-defying, so the pillar helps sell it a bit. Dark Eldar for scale.

EDIT: Forgot the scatter terrain! For rubbling up everything else:

This all looks awesome, what colors do you use on the stonework?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

these Photobucket links don't load for me. Generally photobucket embeds break within hours: I reccomend imgur.

e. and now they're loading, but the point stands, you might want to rehost so they're still here on Tuesday.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 30, 2015

Germ
May 7, 2013

Uroboros posted:

This all looks awesome, what colors do you use on the stonework?

Thanks! Dead simple drybrushing (or, more appropriately, dampbrushing) with craft acrylics . Prime black. Dampbrush Delta Ceramcoat Hippo Grey. The next layer (applied lighter than the last) is about 50/50 hippo grey and white. The final layer (very light, just the edges) is mostly white with a drop or two of grey. Really quick to do - it took one 45 minute TV show to do all the terrain, including the static grass.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Germ posted:

Thanks! Dead simple drybrushing (or, more appropriately, dampbrushing) with craft acrylics . Prime black. Dampbrush Delta Ceramcoat Hippo Grey. The next layer (applied lighter than the last) is about 50/50 hippo grey and white. The final layer (very light, just the edges) is mostly white with a drop or two of grey. Really quick to do - it took one 45 minute TV show to do all the terrain, including the static grass.

It really looks fantastic. I can't wait to buy more terrain from you!

Edit:
Also, probably going to fail my oath unless I get a lot done tonight. I've been visiting family for the last week and even though I took my models and paints with me, I didn't get much time at night to work on them so only about 22 of them got close to finished, and the other 20 are barely half done.

Here's two that I finished a few weeks ago; I guess I'll be saving the whales next month :(

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 30, 2015

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

The new camera is a little too good. A little blur would probably help things.

• Locked thread