Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

Battlecruiser MK1 carrier

code:
BCRUZMK1.3D,BATTLECRUISER MK1,SARc,
 ?24,*1000,!25000,%150,A0.1768,L150,C275,H400,&1800000,j90000,J80000,P10,R12,Y14,[1500,]2500,^45000,<100,>25000,{1000,}150000,(_PRYATVNEW)
Interceptor MK1 fighter

code:
ICMK1.3D,INTERCEPTOR MK1,SARc,
 ?22,*1000,!10000,%125,A0.1068,L125,C305,H650,&600000,j20000,J15000,P22,R30,Y28,[200,]200,^35000,<100,>15000,{50000,}75000,(PRYATVNEW)
In all of those attributes, the most important are the PRY values which determine the degree of each across a period of time.

LEGEND

code:
# [RADAR FLAGS]

More code than in actual SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

Not the whole day, I was working out the total to the current hour for today, then comparing that to the total to the current hour for previous days.
See? This is why I steer clear of 32 bit vs. 64 bit debates. Even my elementary math and reading comprehension are embarrassing.

I do wonder if their space whale fracking operations are nearing the end of their efficacy. The baseline daily is less than 1/4th of what it was in 2013, leading into this sale.

Have to assume they're going to pull out all the stops in the next week, put all the formerly "one time sale only!" crap on sale at a discount, then poop on their oldest, dearest whales and crash the grey market before Derek can.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Toysrme posted:

you actually think SC's white knight/carebares would even read something awful? even by extension? or linking to this thread? you obviously under-estimate just how sparklingly white SC's white-knights are...

Well you're here.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Sandi is gross. Thanks for reading.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Video on John and Yoko from someone who isnt some sort of unhinged MRA. Zappa!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cx-Q88cxw

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

duck monster posted:

Video on John and Yoko from someone who isnt some sort of unhinged MRA. Zappa!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cx-Q88cxw

Yeah that vid I posted sucks sorry about that
I like Yoko anyway

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Just to make it clear, everyone here is welcome to take a poo poo at my house
Prototype Poo?
(please include clapping as a :goatsecx: goal.)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Have to assume they're going to pull out all the stops in the next week, put all the formerly "one time sale only!" crap on sale at a discount, then poop on their oldest, dearest whales and crash the grey market before Derek can.
Hey, it's happening already.

quote:

Duke of Goa
Albuquerque

Posted: 5:51PM
Edited: 5:56PM by Albuquerque

Now I am tempted to go directly to CS and ask for a telephone number to sort things out in a civilized manner. As a collector I feel I was mislead when I bought the Idris. A one time unlimited Armada pack I was willing to let it slide with the second one Idris P stopped being worth any more then 500$-600$ dollars. In practice the more these ships are available the less actual value they have. They are in no way limited although they were initially sold as being number restricted due to PU balance.

I fully respect other people feel otherwise and it is good for them if they want to go ahead and pledge for it but for a collector like me this ends the Idris market current value. CIG is entitled to take the strategic decision of dumping the collectors market but not at the expense of giving them a full chance for a refund. I will be asking for the status of the 890J as I might ask for a refund of it as well if CS confirms its not actually limited any more.

quote:

So Much Mass
Sharuko
Posted: 6:03PM

If they pull something like that off, I will kindly ask for a refund. Seems like there are no boundaries anymore, it is just sell everything you can to get more money.
And so on...

This potentially presents a major financial vulnerability for CIG.

Via the re-introduction of "ONE TIME ONLY! LIMITED EDITION SHIPS!", they have exposed themselves to a particularly dangerous refund threat. I know it's not the first time they've done it, but I think they're courting trouble by annualizing it. Anyone who spent a small fortune to buy a ship sold as an exclusive has such an open-and-shut refund case because CIG most definitely engaged in a fraudulent transaction.

And those refunds would be painfully expensive to issue, given the exorbitant prices charged for crap like the Idrises.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 22, 2015

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

My favorite is the original version without the voice over. You can tell exactly when the sound guy mutes Yoko's feed and it's pretty funny.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi is gross. Thanks for reading.

Actually all girls are gross

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
It took them 90 million and 4 years to get to a tech demo that just looks pretty and will still be behind every space game in terms of features and playability if it ever gets released. Not to mention the painfully generic art style and universe, with gameplay sounding more tedious than a loving job. Also 10 hours of cutscenes that are written by the retarded mushmouth who wrote wing commander. Yeah, no.

In their complete incompetence they finally managed to get something done that most companies would have done years ago in their position. Also DNF did similar stuff and had large playable portions before being inevitably scrapped.

That said, I honestly do want this game to come out, if only to keep the star citizen community from bursting like the pus filled anal fissure it is and smearing itself back across the internet proper.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 22, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

See? This is why I steer clear of 32 bit vs. 64 bit debates. Even my elementary math and reading comprehension are embarrassing.

I do wonder if their space whale fracking operations are nearing the end of their efficacy. The baseline daily is less than 1/4th of what it was in 2013, leading into this sale.

There's probably a fair amount of nerds waiting until the end of the sale when they put everything up for grabs. It's hard to decide which aspect of the game you want to pretent to play while you wait for your picture of a space-ship to get modeled, you know.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
AnniVERSEary Sale: Military

New sale.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Derek Smart, how did you get into that Gender Roulette thing? I don't see the correlation

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Aw gently caress. If I work weekends, we stop feeding our youngest one, convince my eldest that the world needs telemarketers, get the whole family to sell blood every week, start a weed farm in my basement, search the bins of the neighbours, then I might be able to afford two of these.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

happyhippy posted:

Aw gently caress. If I work weekends, we stop feeding our youngest one, convince my eldest that the world needs telemarketers, get the whole family to sell blood every week, start a weed farm in my basement, search the bins of the neighbours, then I might be able to afford two of these.

Yes but you do get to play a computer game in a spaceship so in the end it's all worth it

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

What kills me is that some of this stuff really does look cool. If I actually believed this game was coming out, and would be fun, I wouldn't think twice about spending 300 bucks on a cool ship.

I wish the game was on track so I could. All Star Citizen does is make me really want a great space MMO.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If CIG really had transitioned from 32 bit to 64 bit would there be anything different about some of the maps or files that we could compare between the PTU and previous versions of Arena Commander?

Gryphon0468 posted:

Believe what you want, i'll be enjoying SC :D

So will all of us, if it doesn't suck.

Toysrme posted:

you actually think SC's white knight/carebares would even read something awful? even by extension? or linking to this thread? you obviously under-estimate just how sparklingly white SC's white-knights are...

i posted that video for two buddies to laugh at and wondered why it had 2,000 views in a few hours. was curious as to where it got linked too (and surprised I didnt already have an old account here)

Actually I've had multiple people call me out for posts I've made on this forum. The open letter to Sandi for example. So yeah they do read it. Hell not a few weeks ago we had folks submitting reports on imgur about files being a TOS violation and getting them delinked. That stopped when Goons started linking the top images from /r/starcitizen and got these removed as well.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It says $2,500 now, or is your price automatically including VAT or some other tax? Good to see it includes the Idris someone was whining about earlier, and lifetime insurance.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

What does this mean for someone like me, who is retarded but not so retarded as to have invested in Star Citizen?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Danknificent posted:

What kills me is that some of this stuff really does look cool. If I actually believed this game was coming out, and would be fun, I wouldn't think twice about spending 300 bucks on a cool ship.

That would have to be a pretty loving fun game to be worth 300 bucks.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
gently caress me! Living quarters just 25$ (each). Kill me now.

-link/transmission/15072-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Military

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 22, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Some of those ships are actually genius. The enemy has a stealth hornet "ghost"? No prob, buy the anti-stealth hornet "tracker". It'd the same ship but it has this tiny radome on top for only $15 extra.

Want something better? get the F7C-M "super" hornet (gee, aren't we clever?) . The difference is that it seats 2 and has a F7C-M decal on the nose. $165 plz.

Wanna buy a bomber? get the base retaliator. (torpedo bays sold separately)

150 + 75 + 50 = A complete $275 bomber.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Hey, it's happening already.

And so on...

This potentially presents a major financial vulnerability for CIG.

Via the re-introduction of "ONE TIME ONLY! LIMITED EDITION SHIPS!", they have exposed themselves to a particularly dangerous refund threat. I know it's not the first time they've done it, but I think they're courting trouble by annualizing it. Anyone who spent a small fortune to buy a ship sold as an exclusive has such an open-and-shut refund case because CIG most definitely engaged in a fraudulent transaction.

And those refunds would be painfully expensive to issue, given the exorbitant prices charged for crap like the Idrises.

The fact that there are serious, dedicated "collectors" willing to spend thousands of dollars on the promise of a starship never ceases to amaze me.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

trucutru posted:

This is actually good because you can use your ship before completing the level 50 torpedo tube epic quest.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

The Crucible, our penultimate Wave Four concept ship, is now available!

Ahahaha.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Boy do we have exciting plans for the *first* Wave Five concept ship

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

trucutru posted:

Some of those ships are actually genius. The enemy has a stealth hornet "ghost"? No prob, buy the anti-stealth hornet "tracker". It'd the same ship but it has this tiny radome on top for only $15 extra.

Want something better? get the F7C-M "super" hornet (gee, aren't we clever?) . The difference is that it seats 2 and has a F7C-M decal on the nose. $165 plz.

They can truthfully say it's not pay to win though because the game is never coming out. Even those jpegs getting done is only 50/50

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
There is a notable lack of interstellar travel in this game. Is that a planned feature?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Amarcarts posted:

There is a notable lack of interstellar travel in this game. Is that a planned feature?

Yes!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
The plan keeps coming up again
And the plan means jpegs must be sold
But the plan won't accomplish anything
It's not im-pla-men-ted

Like it's always been
And it makes me think of aspie kids
The cause of this is loneliness
But the remedy cannot be stopped
Cause it's so well funded.

This history lesson
Doesn't make any sense
In any less than
64 bit increments
Common sense
Common sense
Common sense

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If CIG really had transitioned from 32 bit to 64 bit would there be anything different about some of the maps or files that we could compare between the PTU and previous versions of Arena Commander?

Yes, if you could get into a game of Arena Commander on the PTU. In the current 1.3 version of AC, if you're on the very edges of the map and watching carefully, you can see ships jumping around rather than moving smoothly; it's not by a lot, but it's noticeable if you're watching for it. If they've transitioned to 64-bit, that would no longer be the case. The map files themselves don't actually have to be any different for this, however, so it's not possible to check it until they re-enable AC.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The fact that there are serious, dedicated "collectors" willing to spend thousands of dollars on the promise of a starship never ceases to amaze me.

Get a handful of the super whales together and you're talking Bootcha money. For what amounts to overpriced DLC. It's loving bizarre.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Does Star Citizen use Blast Processing?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

Does Star Citizen use Blast Processing?

CIG does what Nintendon't

You see Nintendo releases games

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

It says $2,500 now, or is your price automatically including VAT or some other tax? Good to see it includes the Idris someone was whining about earlier, and lifetime insurance.

UK so prices here include VAT at 20%

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

One time I was a Star Citizen and got drafted as part of a planetary militia and killed by an invader who was hearty due to his natural high-G enviromnent.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Boy do we have exciting plans for the *first* Wave Five concept ship

They actually said something very similar to that recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

UK so prices here include VAT at 20%

Paying $500 tax to the government on the purchase of an imaginary ship. My mind is reeling.

• Locked thread