Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Only in Kenya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

I don't understand- Actor failed to catch the tin can, of which there are several around- and didn't think to pick it up? :confused:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Poulpe posted:

I don't understand- Actor failed to catch the tin can, of which there are several around- and didn't think to pick it up? :confused:

Mind you I haven't watched watched wrasslin since I was 10 or 11 but stone cold Steve Austin threw whoever that was a beer presumably as a sign of friendship or a "good job pal!" and when buddy didn't catch it, it showed stone cold Steve Austin that buddy was a fuckin pussy

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Mind you I haven't watched watched wrasslin since I was 10 or 11 but stone cold Steve Austin threw whoever that was a beer presumably as a sign of friendship or a "good job pal!" and when buddy didn't catch it, it showed stone cold Steve Austin that buddy was a fuckin pussy
When you are offered a beer by Stone Cold Steve Austin in a wrestling ring, there are two possible options:
1) You accept the beer. While drinking it, you will be hit by the Stone Cold Stunner.
2) You decline the offer. For this act of disrespect, you will be hit by the Stone Cold Stunner.

Here, top professional wrestler Chris Jericho appears to be trying a secret third option to escape his fate. It will only postpone his fate.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

BEEEEEELLLLYYYAAAD SUKA!

Russian Tourette

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Roro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVKp_T8hH8

There's a lesson to be learned here. Use-by dates are not to be ignored.

He'll kill the lion, and the blood will go 'pshhhhhh'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcAtC1R-qGk&t=250s

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://vimeo.com/146166737

As Chris Jerichos shameful attempt to catch a beer can was posted on this page, here's some wrestling botches. I'd heard of Taz vs Valerans before but I had never seen just how brutal Perry Saturns dropkick of Valerans was.

Poulpe posted:

Steve Austins beer bashes nearly always hosed up in one way or another such as at Wrestlemania in 2004 where he got beaned in the face with a can.

Of course this is what he did after Jericho dropped the first throw. And the whole thing was a segment for the crowd after the show so it's 100% deliberate.

Testekill has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Nov 21, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX9xCo183VA

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

Only in Kenya

Kenya believe it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNVEHVs894

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ekuNNN posted:

from gif thread

This is meta as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Knock knock!

http://imgur.com/gallery/TgOt72d

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Police dog does not enjoy this part of its training.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

And no reaction whatsoever from Hyneman.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Science first, helping friend second

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Roro posted:

I almost threw up.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Remember this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU

quote:

Update 11/05/2015: After several months justice has finally been served. The man who attacked my girlfriend and I back in July finally went to court. He signed a plea agreement to plead "no contest" to disorderly conduct and DUI.
His sentence is as follows:
-Serve 10 days in jail
-Pay a fine of $2800
-Be forced to take an alcohol counseling class
-Unsupervised probation for the next 3 years, during that time he is not allowed to consume or possess alcohol.
-Have an ignition interlock device installed on his car.
-If he violates his probation he will do 6 months in jail.
If you ask me, he got off easy...but at least something was done. I do not feel bad about exposing him as I hope this video will help warn new and old riders of how quickly a bit of road rage can get out of hand.

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
Idgi :confused:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The guy parked like an rear end in a top hat, so they put up a sign implying he had a small penis.

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

Atticus_1354 posted:

The guy parked like an rear end in a top hat, so they put up a sign implying he had a small penis.
drat, too obvious one! I just kept looking the dude in the distance...!

DocCynical
Jan 9, 2003

That is not possible just now
It wasn't because he took two stalls, it was because he parked super close to the video guys Porche 911 even though there was tons of room elsewhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

DocCynical posted:

It wasn't because he took two stalls, it was because he parked super close to the video guys Porche 911 even though there was tons of room elsewhere.

Well, at least we know why he is carrying around a "Small Penis Parking" sign.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is fantastic.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't see any pain here.. it gets hot in India

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah but that water is probably at least 26.3% piss and poo poo.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

DocCynical posted:

A metre and a half counts as "super close"? What the gently caress kind of personal space issues do you guys have? Are you culturally obligated to scatter far and wide through the car park to prove that you're an individual free spirit who no one can tread on or something?

Also the video/idea wasn't even funny, Porsche guy is calling the kettle black with his small penis issues, etc.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

accidental quote, don't mind me.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Weatherman posted:

A metre and a half counts as "super close"? What the gently caress kind of personal space issues do you guys have? Are you culturally obligated to scatter far and wide through the car park to prove that you're an individual free spirit who no one can tread on or something?

Also the video/idea wasn't even funny, Porsche guy is calling the kettle black with his small penis issues, etc.

Whoa, salty as gently caress

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First
Subway Jared gets 15 years for being a gross pedo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:( Small Penis Parking was funnier when I believed the gif that it was an rear end in a top hat taking up two parking stalls. That video was the lamest thing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Nuebot posted:

:( Small Penis Parking was funnier when I believed the gif that it was an rear end in a top hat taking up two parking stalls. That video was the lamest thing.

I'm genuinely baffled why people would care what car they park next to. I mean he clearly goes out of his way to park there but isn't it just so he can get a closer look at the fancy sports car?

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
So I read up on quite a few court cases, and another sovereign citizen has appeared! In this case a Mr Frederick Stewart (or as he prefers Lord Stewart) was involved with a business that borrowed some money from a bank. He provided a guarantee, and so when the business went into receivership the bank sought repayment from him. This didn't happen, so the bank applied to make him bankrupt. Let's see what the Court thought of his defence:

quote:

The bankruptcy application was first called on 19 October 2015. Mr Stewart appeared then. He had filed documents which indicated that he opposed the bank’s application. He headed those documents “Praecipe (motion) to dismiss” and “affidavit in support of motion to dismiss”. I had trouble following those documents. I urged Mr Stewart to obtain legal advice. I gave him time to file further documents. He did so, although those documents tend to summarise what he had endeavoured to state in his earlier documents. I have continued to have trouble fully understanding the written documents that Mr Stewart has put before the court. Much is irrelevant, nonsense or wrong.

quote:

Mr Stewart has, however, adopted a tactic of dissimulation. He pretends that he is not Frederick John McKay Stewart. He says that he is a son of Abraham. He also says he is of the clan Stewart, and insists that I should address him as Lord Frederick Stewart. He tendered to the court at the outset of the hearing documents which purported to be a Royal Warrant of Appointment. In his submissions, he referred to Frederick John McKay Stewart as a body corporate that is no longer in existence.

[20] Those are no more than dissimulation. They are a red herring. I am satisfied that the man who has appeared in court today is Frederick John McKay Stewart who incurred the liability under the judgment obtained by the Bank of New Zealand. He is the debtor in this case.

quote:

[26] As for personal jurisdiction over Mr Stewart, he is a New Zealander. He has New Zealand domicile and residence. He gave the guarantee in New Zealand. He dealt with the Bank of New Zealand in New Zealand. The New Zealand District Court gave judgment against him in New Zealand. There is no overseas connection whatsoever in this case. It is appropriate for a New Zealand court to deal with Mr Stewart’s insolvency.

[27] Some of Mr Stewart’s materials seem to resort to arguments of the sort raised by Māori contesting sovereignty. Those arguments invariably are unavailing. They do not apply in this case as Mr Stewart does not appear to be Māori.

quote:

[34] Next, Mr Stewart alleges that the bank, by not refuting his allegations, is deemed to have admitted them. That submission is simply wrong.

quote:

[36] Finally, there is the document that Mr Stewart tendered on 19 October 2015. The document is in the form of a birth certificate showing Mr Stewart’s birth. Mr Stewart has attached stamps to it. He has also signed on it “Accepted for value 19 October 2015”. On the rear of the document there is typewriting. It is headed “Non-negotiable surety bond NZ$200,000”. It is addressed to the High Court and “Presiding Judge Fiduciary”. It purports to be a bond for payment. Mr Stewart has signed it as “principal/underwriter”. It has been co-signed by three persons named as “sureties”. Surety 1 is “Turner”, Surety 2 is “Stewart” and Surety 3 is “Pereira”. Each of them has given their IRD number by way of identification.

[37] I asked Mr Stewart to explain it. Mr Stewart had a strange account that by reason of a birth certificate a person is somehow credited with a sum of money which passes into the banking system and can be invoked later on to discharge debts. I could not follow his explanation. It was bizarre. I am not satisfied that the bond document can be taken seriously. I cannot see that it will result in Mr Stewart discharging his liability to the bank under the judgment. Nor can I see any way by which it can raise any set-off so as to extinguish the debt to the bank. Frankly, the document is more valuable as a birth certificate than in creating any means of satisfying Mr Stewart’s liability to the bank.

And finally

quote:

[44] By reason of those factors, I am satisfied that the appropriate order to make is to adjudicate Mr Stewart bankrupt. The time of the order is 4:58pm. I make an order that the bank is to have costs of the application. Those costs are to be paid out of Mr Stewart’s estate.

Will these people ever learn that the courts do not give a poo poo about their fantasy world?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Felix_Cat posted:

Will these people ever learn that the courts do not give a poo poo about their fantasy world?

What a fool, the bond check on his berth certificate obviously needed to be printed in the official Admiralty font! :smug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I can kinda wrap my head around some of the sovereign citizen arguments. They mostly range from the simply stupid to the insane. But there is a sort or bizarre cargo cult logic to them.

But the idea that everyone is entitle to $200,00 (or whatever) at birth is a total mystery to me.

I would also have loved to have seen the judge's face when the loon tried to pay his debt by handing over a birth certificate with loving stamps all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can kinda wrap my head around some of the sovereign citizen arguments. They mostly range from the simply stupid to the insane. But there is a sort or bizarre cargo cult logic to them.

But the idea that everyone is entitle to $200,00 (or whatever) at birth is a total mystery to me.

I would also have loved to have seen the judge's face when the loon tried to pay his debt by handing over a birth certificate with loving stamps all over it.

Short explanation, they don't understand "full faith and credit" and think that money has to be still backed by something tangible, in this case people. They believe that when we moved off the gold standard President Roosevelt dissolved the government, reformed it as a private corporation and pledged all present and future Americans, now assets of USA Inc, as backing for US currency. Henceforth when an American is born some amount of money, the most common amount cited is $200,000, is placed in a bond that is then sold on the open market, it earns interest, which is then placed into a account with the same number. So have a bill to pay? Just give them your birth certificate, or birth certificate number, and the US Treasury will issue a warrant out of it to the payee.