Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Mario Tennis game is bad enough that for the first time I ever I called Nintendo to complain that their game sucks because I'm an entitled neckbeard.

I did ask if it was by any chance possible to get a refund on the eshop where I bought it. Of course there isn't.

I chose getting this game over Splatoon, Woolly World, or Xenoblade Chronicles X. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

I chose getting this game over Splatoon, Woolly World, or Xenoblade Chronicles X. :(

Anyone could have told you you were loving up if only you had asked

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

YOU FOOL!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Augus posted:

I love snow areas but not ice areas, if that makes sense.
The less ice physics, the better.

I love ice areas because by a purely graphical standpoint they're usually more interesting to look at but snow areas are very close behind on my list of areas I enjoy seeing in games. Whether or not I like the ice physics depends on the game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Freezeezy Peak is my favorite Banjo-Kazooie level. It's got such an awesome Christmas-type atmosphere and isn't horribly painful to play!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Augus posted:

Freezeezy Peak is my favorite Banjo-Kazooie level. It's got such an awesome Christmas-type atmosphere and isn't horribly painful to play!

The music for that level is pretty great, too. Snow levels are also among my preferred levels in games. Not a fan of lava/fire levels though for some reason except for the lava level in Super Mario 64 and that's mostly because of the shell you can surf on in it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Echo Chamber posted:

Throw yourself upon your sword.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Galaxy and Mario 3-D World have the only ice levels I've ever seen be fun to control.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Final Fantasy 7 remake is closer to a remaster, because they're actually remastering the music.

Aren't they remaking everything from the ground up for FF7? Because I heard they loving threw away their source code after it went gold.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

good riddance

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

Aren't they remaking everything from the ground up for FF7? Because I heard they loving threw away their source code after it went gold.

Yeah it's a whole new engine and a whole new battle system.

What they did keep was all the original production art materials. So you have the Original Room diagrams that can be made 1:1 only this time they're probably going to be fully explorable.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Hey guys, Bayonetta 2 is amazing and blows the first one out of the water.

I'm on chapter 13, and I know that the final boss doesn't reach the same level of absurdity, but that seems to be just about the only minor setback. Thanks to all the goons recommending this game. :)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The end boss was a let down, but any final boss was going to be a let down after kicking God into the sun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does splatoon have local multiplayer, if so how does that work and what controllers are recommended for whoever isnt using the gamepad?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It has a two player duel mode, but its not very good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

Once upon a time harddrives were very expensive and didnt hold terabytes of data, so they needed that storage space for other projects. It sucks, but its not exactly unreasonable.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mario Galaxy and Mario 3-D World have the only ice levels I've ever seen be fun to control.

the skating mechanic in galaxy was simple yet genius.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jarogue posted:

When did/does it come out?

It came out on the NA eShop a few days ago, $10.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

FirstAidKite posted:

Does splatoon have local multiplayer, if so how does that work and what controllers are recommended for whoever isnt using the gamepad?

The game has a battle dojo in the hub where one player uses the gamepad screen and the other the pro controller on the television. (You can combine the pro controller with the wiimote - macgyver style - so it can use motion controls too. You have to use a secret button combination to make it work, though.) You compete by popping balloons. Not very exciting, but probably does a good job in teaching how to play.

But if you want a full fledged local multiplayer game, do a LAN party. Use the private battle system to make it work locally.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Chieves posted:

Hey guys, Bayonetta 2 is amazing and blows the first one out of the water.

I'm on chapter 13, and I know that the final boss doesn't reach the same level of absurdity, but that seems to be just about the only minor setback. Thanks to all the goons recommending this game. :)

The final boss isn't quite as visually spectacular as Jubileus but is much more fun to actually fight imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

I was blown away by it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The stars where you wall jump up waterfalls and ice skate across a lava field loving own

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Even just skating all over a small ice disc planet to catch a penguin was loving rad. God, the Galaxy games are amazing.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

One of my favorite moments in Galaxy was in the Lava/Ice galaxy where there were a bunch of small ice platforms lined up over lava. I accidentally started skating and couldn't remember how to stop, so I decided to wing it and nailed every jump. :yeah:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Looper posted:

The final boss isn't quite as visually spectacular as Jubileus but is much more fun to actually fight imo

Just beat the game and I have to agree with this. :)

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
What's up with the Fallout 4 hate? I'm 15-20 ish hours in and loving it so far. I haven't noticed any low res textures (ps4) but then I'm not spending my time looking for them, I'm kinda busy killing raiders and super mutants.

Can we not enjoy Nintendo and other brand games at the same time in this thread?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

McFunkerson posted:

Can we not enjoy Nintendo and other brand games at the same time in this thread?

Fallout 4 didn't come with any amiibos or anything that cripples it's core game mechanics so it's not a real game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Taint reaped again.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

McFunkerson posted:

What's up with the Fallout 4 hate? I'm 15-20 ish hours in and loving it so far. I haven't noticed any low res textures (ps4) but then I'm not spending my time looking for them, I'm kinda busy killing raiders and super mutants.

It's terrible

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Aurora posted:

Taint reaped again.

*consults sheet of Taint Reaper talking points* Yeah it's a legal reaping.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fallout 4 doesn't have an explicit Johnny Fiveaces reference or the YCS/186. four years in development and no sa shoutouts ?? :nothanky:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

McFunkerson posted:

Here's why Fallout 4 is bad: it's a bad boring game and it's ugly

Also there's no captain toad in it

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I guess some people just don't like to have fun, kind of wonder if you guys have actually played the game.

Not everyone has to like the things I like though, so whatever.

To add some positivity to the thread though I'll add to the Yoshi: WW love. It's a very cute and clever game. Not entirely sure The difficulty level would be enough if I was playing solo, but it's a perfect game to play co-op with my 9 year old daughter.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

McFunkerson posted:

I guess some people just don't like to have fun, kind of wonder if you guys have actually played the game.

Not everyone has to like the things I like though, so whatever.

masterful

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
I find Captain Toad so unsatisfying, unfortunately. I love the aesthetic but I wish it was more challenging. It seems like a fantastic game for chitlins, though.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

McFunkerson posted:

To add some positivity to the thread though I'll add to the Yoshi: WW love. It's a very cute and clever game. Not entirely sure The difficulty level would be enough if I was playing solo, but it's a perfect game to play co-op with my 9 year old daughter.

The difficulty of WW is inversely related to the age of your co-op partner.

I've got it set to 3.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McFunkerson posted:

I personally don't like Fallout 4 because of the massive amounts of steps back it takes, all the glitches, awful texture work and just sloppy game design as a whole and the fact that if I bring it up in a lot of places it's met with "Well yeah it's a Bethesda game you should of expected it" as if that excuses the lazy work done with it.

That with the terrible dialogue system (Sarcastic is stupid) and the fact I have to run from NPC's and hide from them if I don't want their quests is really dumb.

Also Vats is trash

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 23, 2015

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hate video games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Augus posted:

I hate video games

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

gently caress you.

Good point, I love video games. They are fun and cool.

• Locked thread