Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
^ Combat Shotgun only if that helps. I think it requires Gun Nut 3 or 4 to build.

I finally got my first Kneecapper. It's on a .38 pipe receiver, unfortunately. But I'm not using it for the damage, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

It's pretty broken. I upgraded it to the best automatic receiver I could make, figuring that the more bullets I can spit out the better odds I'll have of that 20% proc. It works fine, but the recoil is a bit much for something I am essentially sniping with if I get the chance. I'll probably switch it to .45. The only advantage full auto would offer is for "oh gently caress" moments when I get surprised by a deathclaw or mirelurk.

Before that dropped I bought Wastelander's Friend from Bunker Hill (+50% limb damage). It's no where near as good. Even with the recon scope its hard to place my shots well enough to cripple legs. I have no idea how limb damage is calculated, but I bet DR factors in, so it is no where near as good as the Kneecapper. Good if you like to hear Raiders yell "You loving broke my arm!" Personally I'd rather just remove their head with my assault rifle.

I've been dragging Cait along with me, equipped with a Stunning Super Sledge. My only complaint is that she's not super aggressive with it, unless it's a big fight. "Up close and personal!" as she smashed through a raider is pretty great though.

I love Cait's dialog. Much better than my old waifu, Piper, moaning about how sorry she is "it came to that". It was a loving bloatfly, Piper! Jesus! Shut the gently caress up!

Since Cait is a libertarian, I've been using more chems. Jet is amazing. Makes me want to use the armor mods that make it last 50% longer. It's great when the physics bug out and the Raider's corpse comes flying at you at 100mph while time is still slowed. I have a legendary armor that triggers the time slow when I'm low on health too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish that the little flashlight on the combat armour helmet worked the same way the mining helmet's lamp works. I hate the default pipboy light.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

alarumklok posted:

Professor Goodfeels for president

He vanished right after I cleared out that settlement. :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I wish you could wear depowered power armor bits. Specifically helmets.

The heavy combat armor is pretty storm trooper ish when upgraded to white, but the synths helmet is not.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Travis343 posted:

I got a legendary Chinese Officer's Sword with bleed damage and gave it to Cait. She rushed a Gunner and sliced him once, did some kind of loving wrestling suplex on his rear end, and impaled him with the sword while he was sprawled on the ground. I've seen her do the nice horizontal swipe coming out of a sprint where both arms are held out too. It's pretty awesome. If I'm out of ammo or whatever I can pretty much just hang back and let her take care of whatever is trying to kill us at the moment.

Cait is amazing for those crazy takedowns. Every time I look out the corner of my eye she's throwing a flying armbar or some kind of suplex. Best companion by far.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Delsaber posted:

Yeah, I was so hoping for drugged out guard robot there. On the other hand, I reprogrammed the guy to guard mode and he kept following me closer than Dogmeat, which is problematic when you're trying to find an enclosed place to wait out a rad storm and the little bastard keeps smacking open the doors and exposing you, so perhaps it was for the best.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
PSA: Sprinting in power armor in third person sometimes results in falling through the ground.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Delsaber posted:

Better than mine. I cleared the settlement, and a Deathclaw came out of nowhere and attacked him. They killed each other while I hid in a barn.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

DrWrestling69 posted:

Was the bonesaw one in a bus decked out like a hospital in the sewers somewhere? I found that.

Sort of. More specifically the subway tunnel where you clear out the ghouls for the first 'bounty hunt' if you do the billboard missions.

Krowley posted:

No way i wasn't keeping that guy when I got the option.

Long worrisome walk for him to the starlight drive in though, and when he finally showed up he was kiting a death claw along with him!

Yup! I now care more about finding more cold beer recipes than my son.

Wiseblood posted:

That quest is bugged for me. I kept it and it arrived at Sanctuary but the quest is still active.

I think that's intended. If you don't sell him back to the guy in Goodneighbor the quest is never really finished.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So I got slightly bored and downed a ton of radx and mirelurk cakes and went to explore the seven seas.

Its less empty than I expected, theres lots of random junk down there, very little loot of course but lots of ship wrecks and stuff, the kind of thing you just copy and past anywhere. I did find a few interesting things though like a massive cargo ship sunk, very cool to look at and would make a great mission to explore.

Also I took some screenshots of two of the better things I found.

Some upside down sunken ships, wonder if there is anything inside?

huh... Meow indeed (if you cant read the writing)

Its here, right out in the middle of nowhere, very odd.

Also found these, theres lots of these lit up underwater pipelines.

Mild bioshock feelings from this.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Huh. I found a muffled raider armpiece - 'muffled' normally only being available on leg pieces, as they reduce the noise from running in stealth. Not sure if it actually works or not.

Kharmakazy posted:

PSA: Sprinting in power armor in third person sometimes results in falling through the ground.
It also drains core power like crazy. I never do it, for that reason.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 22, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kea posted:

So I got slightly bored and downed a ton of radx and mirelurk cakes and went to explore the seven seas.

Its less empty than I expected, theres lots of random junk down there, very little loot of course but lots of ship wrecks and stuff, the kind of thing you just copy and past anywhere. I did find a few interesting things though like a massive cargo ship sunk, very cool to look at and would make a great mission to explore.

Also I took some screenshots of two of the better things I found.

Some upside down sunken ships, wonder if there is anything inside?

huh... Meow indeed (if you cant read the writing)

Its here, right out in the middle of nowhere, very odd.

Also found these, theres lots of these lit up underwater pipelines.

Mild bioshock feelings from this.

Shame on you for not exploring like a real man: in a lead cage of death power armor. It bothered me how spryly you could swim in NV with power armor equipped.

Strudel Man posted:

It also drains core power like crazy. I never do it, for that reason.

Was wondering about that. Same with jumping?

--
Disappointing to find to find out Atom Cat paint can't be applied to the X01. 6k down the drain.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

--
Disappointing to find to find out Atom Cat paint can't be applied to the X01. 6k down the drain.

I did exactly this, you can fidn the shark paintscheme there too and that can be applied to the x01

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kea posted:

I did exactly this, you can fidn the shark paintscheme there too and that can be applied to the x01

It's a little goofy for my tastes. Especially don't like the helmet coloring.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Rinkles posted:

Was wondering about that. Same with jumping?
I don't think jumping drains it at all, actually. Certainly not dramatically.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

a stealth melee build isfun

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

a stealth melee build isfun

How are you sneaking up on people early in the game?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

How are you sneaking up on people early in the game?

I didn't. I waited on the other side of doors, close the door, make noise, when the door opens bean them with the bat. Close the door, repeat.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Are the different version of Nuka Cola (Cherry or Quantum) used in any crafting reciepts this time around?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Speaking of weird bugs and quests, is nothing at all really supposed to be what happens if you don't pay back that mobster in the hotel in Goodneighbor if you get caught stealing his chem stash? I've got a misc quest to go pay him back, but I've had that for weeks and weeks of inagame time.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Avocados posted:

Mini-nukes in towns are bananas. Raiders on the rooftop are firing fat-mans left and right and its usually right when I hear the whistle when its too late.

I ran into a raider with a fat man in that raider town made of old ships. He was on a staircase and it took me like 10 reloads to kill him without him getting a shot off.

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Can't build it yet (or at least I don't think I can). That only has to be as good as Payday 2.

drat I'm also not high enough level to build it. I'm hoping that it's a fun in game as it seems in my head.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I sniped a core out of a power armor but disappointingly the frame is still considered stolen.

Anybody having trouble with well anything Psychojet and psychobuff stack.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SirDan3k posted:

I sniped a core out of a power armor but disappointingly the frame is still considered stolen.

Anybody having trouble with well anything Psychojet and psychobuff stack.

If you point towards the power armor and type "setownership" in the console it'll not be stolen anymore, I think.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

SlothBear posted:

Sort of. More specifically the subway tunnel where you clear out the ghouls for the first 'bounty hunt' if you do the billboard missions.

I think that's intended. If you don't sell him back to the guy in Goodneighbor the quest is never really finished.

I found it by accident just wandering about. There is also a teddy reading a paper on a toilet somewhere but I forget where.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SlothBear posted:

In case you want the location for one:
There is one behind the desk at the taphouse pub in Diamond City. It's marked as owned though, so you have to steal it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Has anyone been able to connect the Prydwen workshop to a supply line?

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Shumagorath posted:

Has anyone been able to connect the Prydwen workshop to a supply line?

I wasn't aware that was possible. The defense rating must be off the charts though.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey there, I'm just wondering if I could get some (hopefully relatively spoiler-free) information regarding the Institute, since I'm at the stage where I've teleported into the Institute and have spoken to 'Father' plus the department heads, so now I'm being pushed a little to make a decision as to whether or not I want to turn on the Railroad and side with the Institute or not. However, one thing has been bugging me, and I haven't had the chance to actually ask it in-game so far: Am I able to find out more regarding the synths kidnapping/killing people and posing as them (I know it's happened, as I saw an in-progress abduction with a human and a synth - and the synth confessed to the act before being shot) before being required to pick a side for good? Since that's one of the major cons with the Institute from what I can see at this stage, so I want to find out what the deal is there, so I can make a more educated decision, before trying to trigger a synth uprising.

Thanks

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
Is it worth going through all the effort to link all your settlements together?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Modi1024 posted:

Is it worth going through all the effort to link all your settlements together?

Yeah, cause they share inventory, so you can have access to all the junk your settlers scavenge from any workbench. Makes modding/inventory management/construction loads easier.

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
Your settlers scavenge things for you?

Also did you make one settlement just traders to tie everyone together?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Modi1024 posted:

Your settlers scavenge things for you?

Yeah, junk will slowly accumulate in each workbench. You can accelerate this by assigning settlers to scavenging stations.

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
If there a way to find out what they bring you? Also I didn't know there were scavenging stations. Are they under workbenches?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hey there, I'm just wondering if I could get some (hopefully relatively spoiler-free) information regarding the Institute, since I'm at the stage where I've teleported into the Institute and have spoken to 'Father' plus the department heads, so now I'm being pushed a little to make a decision as to whether or not I want to turn on the Railroad and side with the Institute or not. However, one thing has been bugging me, and I haven't had the chance to actually ask it in-game so far: Am I able to find out more regarding the synths kidnapping/killing people and posing as them (I know it's happened, as I saw an in-progress abduction with a human and a synth - and the synth confessed to the act before being shot) before being required to pick a side for good? Since that's one of the major cons with the Institute from what I can see at this stage, so I want to find out what the deal is there, so I can make a more educated decision, before trying to trigger a synth uprising.

Thanks

With no spoilers? They do it cos they are nosy as gently caress, they have little to no regard for commonwealth life. You can quest a little for them before makign the final decision however.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kea posted:

With no spoilers? They do it cos they are nosy as gently caress, they have little to no regard for commonwealth life. You can quest a little for them before makign the final decision however.

Hmm, OK then, thanks - I think I'll go along with it for the time being, but probably ultimately go with Deacon and Co. in the Railroad. So, should I hold off continuing the Railroad infiltration quest until doing some Institute ones? Since I would imagine allowing 13 synths to break out will fast-track the decision-making process for me whether I like it or not, heh

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Modi1024 posted:

So far I have a main spine going from Sanctuary <-> Red Rocket <-> Silverlight <-> Oberland with two extra paths from Sanctuary to Abernathy and Tenpines. Shorter paths will keep provisioners alive longer is my theory, anyway.

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
Your provisioners can die? Do you just trade them guns and armour and hope they use it?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Modi1024 posted:

Your provisioners can die? Do you just trade them guns and armour and hope they use it?
You can give them any weapon and 1+ round and it qualifies as infinite ammo. I've had a loving deathclaw and squads of super mutants (suiciders included) spawn outside Red Rocket so I'm not taking chances.

Animax posted:

I wasn't aware that was possible. The defense rating must be off the charts though.
That's a pain. Why would they give you your own power armour stand and no way to link it to supplies? My T-60B needs a lot of repairs and it'll be a long time before I get the airport linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Modi1024 posted:

As far as Im aware they cannot die.

• Locked thread