Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

pillsburysoldier posted:

Bucs have the #7 defense

That's weird

This season isn't a total dumpster fire and I'm confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Sorry, Ravens bros. That's rough

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Cole posted:

Bucs are .500. First two games win streak in 31 games. Had the best and most complete game I've seen in a long time.

Hot take but offensive player of the week is a two horse race between Winston and Martin. And that rules.

I'm still skeptical and I will still cuss and yell when they do stupid poo poo, but it seems like we are finally headed in the right direction.

Even during that disastrous first game outing, I saw how Winston could have some serious potential and turn out alright. That draft pick seems to be that it'll turn out okay after all.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So AFC south is 5-2 the last two weeks with one of the losses coming from another AFC South team. Regression to the mean is a bitch.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71 1m1 minute ago Kansas City, MO
#Chiefs have now outscored their opponents 123-39 the past four weeks.

*130-39

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 23, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
just pull Rivers for the rest of the season

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

My Panthers git saved by that penalty that nullified the pick six. The skins were never the same afterwards. Thank the football gods for rules that are not the 1970s where receivers could get legally murdered.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
So let me guess. Mike McCoy came out with a wet turd of an offensive gameplan AND the defense couldn't stop KC's offense the whole game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the jets suck so hard

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cruel and Unusual posted:

@SportsCenter

Strange But True: The Lions are the 1st team in NFL history to score exactly 18 points in back-to-back games.

The 18th Man.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

So let me guess. Mike McCoy came out with a wet turd of an offensive gameplan AND the defense couldn't stop KC's offense the whole game?

Defense got torched, offensive line was a sieve, receivers dropping passes all over the place, lovely practice squad receivers can't get open.

the 2015 Chargers.

Fire Frank Reich

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
10-0 and the team is getting healthier week by week. And if Minnesota and Arizona lose, Carolina has a 3 game lead on home field advantage. Feels good.

Unrelated, Jeff Fisher's continued employment in the NFL is my favorite long running joke. There is no reason this man should have a job in 2015 and have the regard sportswriters have for him. How does Mr 8-8 continue to hang on? Is it the beard?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

The Chargers having a soul-crushing, bottom of the barrel season was long overdue. Everyone in the division except the Broncos have had one.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tato posted:

10-0 and the team is getting healthier week by week. And if Minnesota and Arizona lose, Carolina has a 3 game lead on home field advantage. Feels good.

Unrelated, Jeff Fisher's continued employment in the NFL is my favorite long running joke. There is no reason this man should have a job in 2015 and have the regard sportswriters have for him. How does Mr 8-8 continue to hang on? Is it the beard?

Because it would be a god drat shame if that stache went unemployed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

The Chargers having a soul-crushing, bottom of the barrel season was long overdue. Everyone in the division except the Broncos have had one.

Denver had one. It's how they got the #2 pick and drafted Von Miller

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Denver had one. It's how they got the #2 pick and drafted Von Miller

8-8 with a spectacular playoff win over the Steelers doesn't count. Sorry.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

8-8 with a spectacular playoff win over the Steelers doesn't count. Sorry.

They were 4-12 in 2010 bro

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I like how Jeff Fisher is on the NFL competition committee but also is a dirty piece of poo poo as well as a bad coach.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pasaluki posted:

I like how Jeff Fisher is on the NFL competition committee but also is a dirty piece of poo poo as well as a bad coach.

What did they do today?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Alex Smith cannot barely put up 250 yards against the loving Chargers. Why even have him on the team?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Alex Smith cannot barely put up 250 yards against the loving Chargers. Why even have him on the team?

You can have Brandon Flowers back

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Chargers gonna lose to the Jaguars

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bvlah posted:

Chargers gonna lose to the Jaguars

I certainly hope so

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Parmesan Basil posted:

How do you find a way to complain about low passing yards in a thirty point blowout

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Matt schaub is going to clown the browns next Monday night.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

shiksa posted:

How do you find a way to complain about low passing yards in a thirty point blowout

10-ish yards a passing attempt is pretty loving good too, no matter how you slice it.

This is easily the worst Charger team since 2003, only with a great QB instead of a great RB. This is surely the worst defense they've had in over a decade; not even Ted Cottrell's defense in '08 was as hapless as this team's.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Codependent Poster posted:

What did they do today?

Just lost to a previously 2-7 team which means they are moving up in the world

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Can someone that watches college football start the thread for previewing players for draft with a focus on corner backs and safeties thanks.

Bewbies quitting the NFL has been bad for the draft thread. Someone should start one anyway even though the first post won't be anywhere near as good.

Ross Angeles posted:

just pull Rivers for the rest of the season

Any word on what was up between him and Gates in the first half?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 23, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

10-ish yards a passing attempt is pretty loving good too, no matter how you slice it.

This is easily the worst Charger team since 2003, only with a great QB instead of a great RB. This is surely the worst defense they've had in over a decade; not even Ted Cottrell's defense in '08 was as hapless as this team's.

The only three starters on defense I want to see next year are Liuget, Verrett, and Weddle.

To get blown out like that on a day when you're retiring LT's number is just depressing.

LT could have strapped on pads today and had a better day than Melvin "Bust" Gordon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Any word on what was up between him and Gates in the first half?

Probably just frustration. Gates is understandably rusty , the team is bad, and little things turn into blowups. I'm sure they're fine.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

They were 4-12 in 2010 bro

gently caress.

Edit: I mean good, but man I did I forget about that year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

gently caress.

Edit: I mean good, but man I did I forget about that year.

I dunno how you forgot, the Chiefs were like 13-3 that year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can Cam have a game so good it doesn't matter what he wears?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Cam newton: first out furry in the nfl

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Just a friendly reminder, through 10 games this season the Chargers have a net total of 1 punt return yard.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

What did they do today?

Oh wait I'll have to amend my answer:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/22/9779622/case-keenum-concussion-rams-nfl-injury-spotter

Jesus loving Christ.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

I dunno how you forgot, the Chiefs were like 13-3 that year

10-6 then curbstomped by the ravens.

I assumed the Broncos were 7-9 or something like that. I thought you meant after the 2011 season is when they got Miller.

My bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

Cam newton: first out furry in the nfl

yo yo yo, lemme get dat mario world 2

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry, Ravens bros. That's rough

If there was a year to lose our starting QB this was the year to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I don't know what you do with the Chargers in the offseason, aside for dumping the coaching staff. Their front 7 is one of the worst in the league, Weddle is probably leaving after this year, and their offensive line and blocking scheme are just abysmal. Trevor Robinson just sucks.

Do you keep what's probably a top 5 draft pick and get an impact player for that front 7, depending on what scheme they roll with next year? Trade down and try and accumulate some draft picks for once in Telesco's run? I don't know. There's so many holes.

• Locked thread