Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

that table is more broken than 1.x

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Dukka posted:

that table is more broken than 1.x

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'll take "What's [timg]" for $500, Alex.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How long has the /statusoff macro command been in? Because I just found out about it today.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice. That's really helpful for say, warriors who want to pop Raw Intuition for the abandon stack but don't want to get crit by everything like in A4.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Nice. That's really helpful for say, warriors who want to pop Raw Intuition for the abandon stack but don't want to get crit by everything like in A4.

That's what Awareness is for. Unfortunately that means leveling a Gladiator past 22.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tyberius posted:

That's what Awareness is for. Unfortunately that means leveling a Gladiator past 22.

Unfortunately RI lasts a little longer than untraited Awareness.

Also,

:negative:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Fister Roboto posted:

Unfortunately RI lasts a little longer than untraited Awareness.

Also,

:negative:
void ark is a cycle, tanks can't get in at the start of a week, yet can't find enough dps at the end

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Usually DPS piggyback on fast tank queues, so with Void Ark I as a tank can piggyback on fast DPS queues. While this won't help with situations like "just not enough DPS, period" it made the tank queues far more pleasant overall.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think Chuchu is way too hard of a fight for being part of a casual raid. The puke cone needs to either have an AOE marker or do less damage, because nobody pays attention to that poo poo and most of the time they just stand there because they don't expect the poison to stack. Also it should be a lot more apparent that the foobars stick to a random target rather than behaving by normal enmity rules, like a prey marker or something. Same deal with Enchilada's snakes.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I thought the Foobar's just started with insane threat on a single person and you could just voke them off? I've only tanked the place once tho

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

I thought the Foobar's just started with insane threat on a single person and you could just voke them off? I've only tanked the place once tho
I've done exactly that to get them out of Beckon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

It could be that too, but considering there are four foobars and only three tanks (who might not all have provoke), the effect is the same.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

The puke cone needs to either have an AOE marker or do less damage, because nobody pays attention to that poo poo and most of the time they just stand there because they don't expect the poison to stack.

On the other hand, it's REALLY funny when a dumbass DRG spends the entire fight hitting him in the face (for what reason I couldn't tell you) and doesn't bother to move out of the puke at all, resulting in him being utterly obliterated by vomit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

On the other hand, it's REALLY funny when a dumbass DRG spends the entire fight hitting him in the face (for what reason I couldn't tell you) and doesn't bother to move out of the puke at all, resulting in him being utterly obliterated by vomit.

It's less funny when it's every single healer in the raid, for the fifth consecutive wipe.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Fister Roboto posted:

I think Chuchu is way too hard of a fight for being part of a casual raid. The puke cone needs to either have an AOE marker or do less damage, because nobody pays attention to that poo poo and most of the time they just stand there because they don't expect the poison to stack. Also it should be a lot more apparent that the foobars stick to a random target rather than behaving by normal enmity rules, like a prey marker or something. Same deal with Enchilada's snakes.

OTOH, he's the most interesting boss introduced this expansion and I really wish we had him in the place of Jiggle Fucker or Manipulator.

I do agree that he needs a better indicator than focus target for vomit, though, because he's too fat and circular to really notice the turning if you're doing something else.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Fister Roboto posted:

It's less funny when it's every single healer in the raid, for the fifth consecutive wipe.

I dunno, that's pretty funny

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Yeah, this kind of poo poo is the reason I do 24 man raids. Everyone is a moron and it's funny.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Yeah it's real funny to spend double the time required in a piss DF-only raid.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

poo poo like this is funny both to watch the people being incompetent and the people who get varyingly annoyed at the former.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Cuchulainn is great because he punishes apathetic habits players develop.
Only gonna move out of my obvious tells? BARF.
Gonna stand on the 'safety platforms' when you don't need to? SPLAT, choose instant death or a really nasty poison dot!
Ignore my adds? Don't mind if I do! SNARF.
He's only hard if your group lets things get out of hand. Keep a thumb on him and he's cake.

Echidna's split isn't random-targeted, each part goes to each tank. Which could be better notified but it's a brand new instance of an enmity mechanic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KaneTW posted:

Yeah it's real funny to spend double the time required in a piss DF-only raid.

When we finally finished we were 10 minutes away from timing out. And that was after the 70 minute tank queue. I would perfectly happy to never run VA again if I didn't need the tank chest.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Gonna stand on the 'safety platforms' when you don't need to? SPLAT, choose instant death or a really nasty poison dot!
He's only hard if your group lets things get out of hand. Keep a thumb on him and he's cake.

Echidna's split isn't random-targeted, each part goes to each tank. Which could be better notified but it's a brand new instance of an enmity mechanic.

These things would be great if they didn't also punish the skilled, attentive players by causing wipes.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 23, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah if the boss was in Alex 5 I wouldn't mind but it probably needs markers for Void Ark.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

EponymousMrYar posted:

You clearly haven't met random bad healers who simply can't deal with that sort of poo poo and cause wipes.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Brony Hunter posted:

You clearly haven't met random bad healers who simply can't deal with that sort of poo poo and cause wipes.
I have but usually they get it together enough to get passed it by attempt 3. Even if it's by the skin of our teeth (me and a DPS alive in our group and I'm keeping the DPS alive via clemency mainly to get the LB3 off.)

I haven't encountered 4-6 healers (yet) that make the same bad mistakes and continue to not learn from them. Really basic stuff too like 'spreading out so the majority of you cannot get hit by Corrosive Bile' stuff.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It'd be nice if that fuckoff bile attack had an aoe cone, I've been caught in it thinking I was just safely out of distance but ended up drowning in his puke isntead. Besides that Void Ark doesn't seem harder than any other CT on release, Cuchulain's just the jerk boss of this iteration. Hopefully pubbies will both gear up and figure out, even if just through osmosis, how to fight him more consistently like Angra or Cerberus in WoD. I think VA's biggest problem is that most of the gear looks like poo poo.

On reflection, I think the only CT bosses I haven't seen wipes on are Thanatos, Amon, and maybe FIve Headed Dragon. 24 pubbies are good at loving up and dying :v:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Cuchulain is so awful to heal through and I love it. Solo healing my party at 6 bleed stacks might have me screaming at the same time but it's a good fun sort of screaming.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I think VA's biggest problem is that most of the gear looks like poo poo.

They're all a hell of a lot better than the Syrcus Tower gear, at least.

God, every single drop in that dungeon was so loving ugly

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
What astonishes me is how very many main tanks die to Bile Below. It's always the one that's got threat that does it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I'll take boss cosplay over "eh it's black because void". The main problem being the previous 24man set was "It's black because darkness". So it just feels like a retread.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

They're all a hell of a lot better than the Syrcus Tower gear, at least.

God, every single drop in that dungeon was so loving ugly

Amon's outfit is the best armor in the game and it isn't even close.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Amon's outfit isn't even close.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once saw the void ark tank chest get won with a greed roll of 6. Reason being the tank rolled need on a belt after the first fight.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

pardon me but ff xiii trilogy is a fantastic game in its own right, u all do realise that majority likes to read reviews and base their own opinion of it, and i think that most of u who don't like it never passed the 1st game in the trilogy, the story is fantastic one of the greatest next to ff9 and ff8 for me, i recommend you too at least watch it as a movie on youtube. now what does lightning's hair have anything to do with the ffxiii game? if someone wants her hair let them have it lol i don't see the problem
People are just used to hating it for no reason at all, i was the one who hated it as well until one day i realised i am not basing my experience on reviews of others i never actually agreed on any of them why agree now, so i pushed the play button and never stopped until the end of lightning returns, i cried my rear end of and realised this is one of the greatest games ever

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unironically agreed.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

quote:

the story is fantastic one of the greatest next to ff9 and ff8

Swing and a miss.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The first two FFXIII games are real dumb with alright to good gameplay. The third one is so incredibly dumb it wraps over into hilarious and great, and also has better gameplay (and is coming to PC Dec 10!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm looking forward to it!

• Locked thread