Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fuzz posted:

The OS probably does this because some games use a page file to unpack poo poo when you launch them, then pack it back up. They did this last generation, too.

I think it's a recent thing, actually, I was definitely able to fill my PS4's hard drive to max capacity in the past, but since upgrading the drive to a 2tb (from a 1.5tb) it seems a bit less cooperative if I'm below about 40 gigs free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I know I'm a diamond in the rough here just being honest tho. Eventually the non-games goon will come out of the woodwork and agree

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

univbee posted:

I think it's a recent thing, actually, I was definitely able to fill my PS4's hard drive to max capacity in the past, but since upgrading the drive to a 2tb (from a 1.5tb) it seems a bit less cooperative if I'm below about 40 gigs free.

Did you get any new games? It may be game specific, wouldn't surprise me with MGS V.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I know I'm a diamond in the rough here just being honest tho. Eventually the non-games goon will come out of the woodwork and agree

you didn't answer my question, mr dicks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nah sold it in the vita thread a while ago

Like if you want to play real life anime dating sim with a creepy bear then by all means

And keep acting like everything surrounding the game isn't creepy anime poo poo

You guys are the reason the vita blows

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

Is there any reason to get a PS TV if I don't play JRPGs

EDF

also music games I guess but those are all pretty anime if that's a problem for you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An adult with good taste in games doesn't buy a Vita.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The vita is really good

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i didn't buy a vita

i bought a playstation

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

PS TV is pretty great for playing old PS1 games on your big screen (there are some compatibility issues) and PSP games. I think 20 bucks is a good price for one. I paid 30 for mine a few months back. With all the free Vita crap you get from PS+ I think it's worth it.

Just don't pay more than $30

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I paid $40 some time ago, and I think it was worth it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Nah sold it in the vita thread a while ago

Like if you want to play real life anime dating sim with a creepy bear then by all means

And keep acting like everything surrounding the game isn't creepy anime poo poo

You guys are the reason the vita blows

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The vita is legit good and I don't regret owning one. Just sucks that's the only market that drives the thing anymore everyone else gave up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm looking forward to the meltdowns when Persona 5 comes out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
In case anyone is wondering:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps-tv-hardware-vte1001-multi/6731028.p?id=1219238018522&skuId=6731028

I just price matched at Target

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Did you get any new games? It may be game specific, wouldn't surprise me with MGS V.

It happens to me with alarming frequency and several games because I'm terrible at culling data. It's definitely not really game-specific beyond the fact that it's more likely to happen with specific games due to them being absolute beasts (e.g. most shooters with all the DLC are in the 65 gig range).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I always have something like 40-50 GB free and whenever I have to download a big update for something like GTA5 or Destiny it's like welp lol no gently caress you.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We never figured out what good HDMI switchers there are to buy I even went back and checked

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

The only problem with this is that the memory cards are ridiculously expensive and mostly kill the deal. I have one from my regular vita and swap it back and forth because I'm too cheap to buy a second.

Also I have an HDMI switcher from monoprice that is pretty good. It is very bare bones and therefore has nothing to screw up. It's literally analog push switches and it seemingly works fine with PSTV / PS4 / Xbox One (it's only a 2 device switch though I moved from using it for PS4/PSTV to PS4/Xbox One when I got my Xbone). It's here: http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2786

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Substandard posted:

The only problem with this is that the memory cards are ridiculously expensive and mostly kill the deal. I have one from my regular vita and swap it back and forth because I'm too cheap to buy a second.

Also I have an HDMI switcher from monoprice that is pretty good. It is very bare bones and therefore has nothing to screw up. It's literally analog push switches and it seemingly works fine with PSTV / PS4 / Xbox One. It's here: http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2786

I'm snagging an 8GB one and MGS HD for $30 from a goon, so I might be okay for now.

And someone mentioned HDMI switchers not working well with some four letter acronym and didn't leave any suggestions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The smaller ones are cheap but at least get a >16gb trust me

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Not if you're an adult that has good taste in games and doesn't like creepy anime poo poo and the same exact dungeon run over and over and making sure I make it to extra curricular school activities on time to boost my social points haha whoops didn't make it home on time!

Ya'll can say whatever about that game I gave it an honest go it loving sucks and I hope I spare others the pain

I made the mistake of buying Persona 4 too out of desperation for a good Vita game and goon recommendations. I wish I could erase it from my games played list. That thing is an embarrassment for anyone over 12 years old.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

As someone who has never played a Just Cause Game, Is most of it just causing Random Destruction ? Will I need to play the other two or does the story not matter ?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Reverse Centaur posted:

I made the mistake of buying Persona 4 too out of desperation for a good Vita game and goon recommendations. I wish I could erase it from my games played list. That thing is an embarrassment for anyone over 12 years old.

can i buy your copy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

I wish I could erase you from the forums.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

:hfive:

Someone sees the light. Lemme know when you all stop pretending like your anime games aren't disturbingly creepy to a normal adult. I don't mind anime at all but when it's like the above gently caress

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Reverse Centaur posted:

At least you didn't buy it digitally. I regret wasting the money on that creepy loving weird Japanese high school simulator with lovely gameplay.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

As someone who has never played a Just Cause Game, Is most of it just causing Random Destruction ? Will I need to play the other two or does the story not matter ?
If it's like 2, the story missions are literally gated by how much poo poo you have destroyed (as measured in chaos points). Destruction is the literal point of the game.

I loved 2.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
persona 4 is the greatest game of all time

OF ALL TIME

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

:hfive:

Someone sees the light. Lemme know when you all stop pretending like your anime games aren't disturbingly creepy to a normal adult. I don't mind anime at all but when it's like the above gently caress

I don't even like persona, but lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the story in just cause 1 and 2 does not matter and practically doesn't exist

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

big mean giraffe posted:

At least you didn't buy it digitally. I regret wasting the money on that creepy loving weird Japanese high school simulator with lovely gameplay.

I did buy digital. I'm one of the few in North America with a 64 gig Vita card... such a waste. :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People taking pride in not liking something is the weirdest internet thing.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Motto posted:

People taking pride in not liking something is the weirdest internet thing.

is it so hard to hate something but not be a dick about it? I ask this question practically daily now

sad

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

the story in just cause 1 and 2 does not matter and practically doesn't exist
You've been hired by the CIA to destabilize a government. Here's some guns and explosives, government facilities are marked in red, get to it!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Motto posted:

I don't even like persona, but lol.

Haha sick AV dude! So ironic!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 23, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Luckily my gallant non-games goons came to my rescue

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just ask yourself "would I play this game in public? Like on a bus?"

I bet you guys complained about them taking the "art" and "content" out of that one freaky monster monpiece game

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 23, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just ask yourself "would I play this game in public? Like on a bus?"

Do you spend your time on the bus craning your neck to peek at everybody's phones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Motto posted:

Do you spend your time on the bus craning your neck to peek at everybody's phones?

Only when using an analogy

However if there was a dude peepin' all the phones I sure wouldn't want him or anyone else to know I play that game

• Locked thread