Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Woden posted:

1x13

Her name is freaking Hope, they weren't being subtle about it at all.

And she's the real hero of the show for getting this and killing herself in an extremely painful way to free Jessica to do what needs to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Anyway here's a fun idea for those of you who aren't finished yet: The Jessica Jones drinking game!

I also came up with one

- Drink what Jessica drinks, when Jessica drinks it.

and that was before we saw her drink a whole bottle of red in under a minute.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That would just kill you if you were binge watching.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

BSam posted:

I also came up with one

- Drink what Jessica drinks, when Jessica drinks it.

Is Wild Fowl even a real thing?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I have a friend trying to make a drinking game out of this, wouldn't be surprised if she passed out in a few hours.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BrianWilly posted:

I can't hear you I got earplugs in.

Also it wasn't about mind control, it was about clairvoyance.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

PriorMarcus posted:

Also it wasn't about mind control, it was about clairvoyance.
Oh poo poo, I think you're right. My bad.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

The Sharmat posted:

I'm assuming it was a stand in for Wild Turkey.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Episode 13 I think people also forget that even at the end, they still don't know exactly how it works. Remember Jessica told Patsy to not look at him and look at the floor when she had the headphones.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
1x13 Yeah besides that it's somehow caused by a mutualistic virus he apparently still excretes and spreads, they don't know the actual mechanics of how it works.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

i like tacos posted:

Episode 13 I think people also forget that even at the end, they still don't know exactly how it works. Remember Jessica told Patsy to not look at him and look at the floor when she had the headphones.

1X13
That's because Kevin made his dad do further experiments on him, increasing the power of his ability. So they don't know the extent of it's range, duration, or limits anymore. Especially since it's demonstrated that he can now control people through simple intercom/phone/TV at the hospital. They only thing they still know is that it's viral and Jessica is probably still immune.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Just finished 1x11 . It's probably been said several times throughout this thread, but jesus is it depressing.

ep 11:

Luke Cage walking out on fire loving awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gyges posted:

1X13
That's because Kevin made his dad do further experiments on him, increasing the power of his ability. So they don't know the extent of it's range, duration, or limits anymore. Especially since it's demonstrated that he can now control people through simple intercom/phone/TV at the hospital. They only thing they still know is that it's viral and Jessica is probably still immune.

Yea because 1x13 for all we know, Kilgrave is shooting out microbes that float around that carry his command and when they come into contact with a person they compel them to obey. We don't know if earplugs would work. The hermetically sealed chamber was the only way

also in re to SHIELD saying that mind control doesn't exist, remember this is an organization which was probably 60% HYDRA at least, so hiding the existence of poo poo that HYDRA could use would not be out of the question.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pams boobs needed more of the spotlight

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Marvel should have cast Christopher Eccleston as Kilgrave in the flashbacks. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

demota posted:

Marvel should have cast Christopher Eccleston as Kilgrave in the flashbacks. :v:

Cast him as Kilgrave's dad.

"He was going to die...... so I promised him..... I promised him women.... :gonk:"

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm on the 12th episode but does Krysten Ritter seem very flat with a lot of her dialogue? I don't want to say bad acting because I remember seeing her in Breaking Bad and she was great. All her acting just seems very flat and emotionless in this show.

Still enjoying it regardless though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm on the 12th episode but does Krysten Ritter seem very flat with a lot of her dialogue? I don't want to say bad acting because I remember seeing her in Breaking Bad and she was great. All her acting just seems very flat and emotionless in this show.

Still enjoying it regardless though.

That's a criticism that I feel gets leveled at actors a lot when they're trying to portray someone with PTSD. Not saying it's not a legitimate complaint, just that it can be tricky to portray something like that.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

demota posted:

:lol: :lol:

The internet would have broken its neck.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Watched the whole season spread out since Friday.

Great show, I might like it more than Daredevil!... But, I'd have to rewatch Daredevil to say for sure.
It was incredibly hard to binge, I had to take breaks between every almost every episode. :ohdear:

I actually never fully bought Krysten Ritter as Jessica but I suppose she'll eventually grow on me with more time, I don't know... something about her never clicked with me.

Everyone else was pretty much on point though, great performances all around with a notable mention towards Mike Colter who is a natural fit for Luke Cage and of course David Tennant acted circles around everyone.

Great finale too, better than Daredevil's.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Deakul posted:

Watched the whole season spread out since Friday.

Great show, I might like it more than Daredevil!... But, I'd have to rewatch Daredevil to say for sure.
It was incredibly hard to binge, I had to take breaks between every almost every episode. :ohdear:

I actually never fully bought Krysten Ritter as Jessica but I suppose she'll eventually grow on me with more time, I don't know... something about her never clicked with me.

Everyone else was pretty much on point though, great performances all around with a notable mention towards Mike Colter who is a natural fit for Luke Cage and of course David Tennant acted circles around everyone.

Great finale too, better than Daredevil's.

I like it more than Daredevil. At the same time I can't remember the final two episodes of Daredevil, so I'm going to have to rewatch. I would say in both, though, that the villains outshined the protagonists.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
She is a really gross person

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

By the time Luke was introduced in the show all I wanted was the Luke Cage show. As I finished Jessica Jones that thought still remained. The show is very good but I thought the weakest part of the show was Jessica herself. She was made stronger by having such a good supporting cast and villain to work off of.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edit: Oops!

VVV It's not my fault, Kilgrave made me do it!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 23, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jerusalem posted:

loving hell. They're both doing a good job selling the idea that they're completely devoted to winning the belt.

:henget:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I thought Ritter was very good as Jessica and was only flat when it was called for. And also while doing the Noir narration because for some reason Noir narration is alway flat.

But then I thought Luke Cage was ok but wasn't constantly wowed by him like everyone else apparently was so maybe I just don't know what good acting is.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Nah I really liked Ritter as Jones and was surprised by all the accolades Coulter is getting as Luke. He's not bad but he's not amazing either.

I think I'm the only person who liked Robyn. I found her to be more comedy relief than an annoyance.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gaunab posted:

Nah I really liked Ritter as Jones and was surprised by all the accolades Coulter is getting as Luke. He's not bad but he's not amazing either.

I think I'm the only person who liked Robyn. I found her to be more comedy relief than an annoyance.

Robyn was fine, but there was just too much of her drama beyond what was needed to make it's point. I really liked her scenes with Jessica, where she Jessicas right back at Jessica.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I thought it was interesting there wasn't any sexualization of women (Jessica is basically fulled clothed the entire time, except for sex scenes), but Luke Cage was shirtless about half the time he was onscreen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jessica Jones could beat Charlotte, I bet she didn't have a nanny

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Robyn was fine, but there was just too much of her drama beyond what was needed to make it's point. I really liked her scenes with Jessica, where she Jessicas right back at Jessica.

I think she'd have worked better if the last time we saw her was her screaming and crying in the hallway after her brother goes missing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Piell posted:

I thought it was interesting there wasn't any sexualization of women (Jessica is basically fulled clothed the entire time, except for sex scenes), but Luke Cage was shirtless about half the time he was onscreen.

Those are some really sexy mom jeans by way of 90s grunge.

The Sharmat posted:

I think she'd have worked better if the last time we saw her was her screaming and crying in the hallway after her brother goes missing.

Oh, I thought Robyn was the lesbian doctor. In that case, no Robyn was way over used and wasn't likable at all.

Edit: The actress for not Robyn's name is Robin, which is how I messed it up in my head. After the show I couldn't remember where I'd seen her before so I googled her.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 23, 2015

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
1x05

I loved the shot Kilgrave just staring at his phone waiting for a picture of Jessica to show up. It really sold how twisted his relationship/feelings about Jessica are. Really the whole entire one-sided phone conversation was absolutely chilling and done fantastically.

Overall, I'm loving it so far.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The Sharmat posted:

Um no? It's important that her character works through and overcomes her trauma. All you people hating on Robyn are hosed up individuals jeeze.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I liked this show a lot, but I recognize some flat acting (or characterization - it may not be the actors' fault), instances of bad dialog, and plodding plotting, in part because it was a superhero show with a much less emphasized male power fantasy aspect.

That said, the fight scenes in Wonder Woman better be fuckin' on point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On episode 10 and Jessica Jones has already hosed me up. :eyepop:

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

Funny thing is I noticed in the beginning of the season she actually had Wild Turkey (specifically at Luke's bar), but towards the end it was replaced with Wild Fowl.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Proposition Joe posted:

Um no? It's important that her character works through and overcomes her trauma. All you people hating on Robyn are hosed up individuals jeeze.

That's a fair point but it was starting to get a bit crowded at that point and she's involved in one of the dumbest plot points in the series.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Robyn is abusive as hell towards her brother and an rear end in a top hat to Jessica (for the wrong reasons), is there any reason to like her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Robyn was a legitimately annoying and terrible character, the people defending her are weirdos.